Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Douglas45

Need Help for my acne

Hey guys I am an 18 year old male who has oily skin especially around the T-zone. This year i didnt have acne and barely had any pimples even though i had oily skin. However ever since summer started and i shifted to a different house i started to breakout. 

I have been using these for the past month

-clindamycin phospate lotion

-duac gel (benzyl peroxide)

-neutrogena face wash (salycic acid)

these haven't helped much and i have no idea what type of acne i have. 

I am not taking any oral medications such as antibiotics 

-i have had fungus infection on my shoulder and chest for which i got a cicloperox olamine cream 

- i have had a bad stomach with loose motions for the past month as well which i have not treated yet unfortunately

- i am suspecting this might be fungal acne as it is summer and very hot where i live

Any help would be appreciated

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Additional information: 

i have dandruff, i was prescribed ciclopirox %1 shampoo and it really helped

i do have create a lot of mucus that i have to spit out now and then 

i do have some whiteness on my tongue

You very likely have fungal acne, probably caused by both malasezzia and candida fungi (from your other symptoms) plus gut candida. The treatments that are applying to the areas with "acne" are making worse.

STOP applying the clindamycin and  the BP - these will be making your condition worse. 

Instead - apply the following treatments -

1. Buy clotrimazole topical antifungal cream (often sold as Canesten - no prescription needed) and apply it to the areas with "acne" 2-3 times a day. If you can get it, also buy some terbenafine cream (Lamisil) and apply that to the areas with "acne", along with the clotrimazole cream.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOT apply any moisturisers or organic oils to your skin. Wipe off sweat. Fungus loves moisture.

If you can get it, buy some oral Nilstat (sold to treat mouth candida indicated by a white tongue - you swallow the oral Nilstat) and take the oral NIlstat - the oral Nilstat should fix your gut problems, which are likely caused by candida.

When did you LAST take antibiotics ?

I am happy to hear how things go.

10 minutes ago, Aussie Scientist said:

You very likely have fungal acne, probably caused by both malasezzia and candida fungi (from your other symptoms) plus gut candida. The treatments that are applying to the areas with "acne" are making worse.

STOP applying the clindamycin and  the BP - these will be making your condition worse. 

Instead - apply the following treatments -

1. Buy clotrimazole topical antifungal cream (often sold as Canesten - no prescription needed) and apply it to the areas with "acne" 2-3 times a day. If you can get it, also buy some terbenafine cream (Lamisil) and apply that to the areas with "acne", along with the clotrimazole cream.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOT apply any moisturisers or organic oils to your skin. Wipe off sweat. Fungus loves moisture.

If you can get it, buy some oral Nilstat (sold to treat mouth candida indicated by a white tongue - you swallow the oral Nilstat) and take the oral NIlstat - the oral Nilstat should fix your gut problems, which are likely caused by candida.

When did you LAST take antibiotics ?

I am happy to hear how things go.

I went last night to the pharmacy (i live in pakistan) and got the clotrimazole cream and put on my face before sleeping. Just wokeup this morning and i cant believe it. Most of the redness on my left cheek has subsided. I will let you know how it goes and i will also get the oral nilstat for my gut

Thanks so much aussie scientist

just one thing is- how long should i apply this cream for 

thanks

Douglas

That is great news.

Apply the clotrimazole cream until the condition clears, and then once a day for another week or so. You will probably then need to apply the clotrimazole once a week to ensure that the fungus does not become active again.

I am happy to hear updates.

6 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Douglas

That is great news.

Apply the clotrimazole cream until the condition clears, and then once a day for another week or so. You will probably then need to apply the clotrimazole once a week to ensure that the fungus does not become active again.

I am happy to hear updates.

I also have this redness around my hairline which i have no idea what it is 

image.jpg

Douglas

The redness around your hairline is also most likely to be caused by fungus. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo (antidandruff shampoosare are antifungal) and also apply the clotrimazole cream to the red area around your hairline. The redness should go away...

Make sure you wipe off any sweat which accumulates in the red area. Fungus LOVES sweat.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:47 AM, Aussie Scientist said:

Douglas

The redness around your hairline is also most likely to be caused by fungus. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo (antidandruff shampoosare are antifungal) and also apply the clotrimazole cream to the red area around your hairline. The redness should go away...

Make sure you wipe off any sweat which accumulates in the red area. Fungus LOVES sweat.

Aussie Scientist

thanks so much for ur help i havent had any breakouts, just recovering from old acne. I just had a question: can i apply lactic acid or any exfoliation on my face or should i wait some more

thanks! 

Douglas

Thanks for your post. Do NOT exfoliate. Exfoliating breaks down the skin barrier and allows fungus (and bacteria) to invade the skin.

Thanks for the clarification re not acne. Fungus causes re skin rashes as well as acne.

17 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Douglas

Thanks for your post. Do NOT exfoliate. Exfoliating breaks down the skin barrier and allows fungus (and bacteria) to invade the skin.

Thanks for the clarification re not acne. Fungus causes re skin rashes as well as acne.

Aussie Scientist

unfortunately my GT doctor prescribed me antibiotics and anti amoebas for my stomach : rifaxa and fasigyn 

i took these along with nilstat for the past few days and its helped my stomach

my acne has got better i dont get any more big pimples or breakout but i have noticed i get small tiny pimples on areas that i dont apply much anti fungal such as the nose

Im not sure if these are ingrown hairs or the fungus spreading to other areas of my face

also my rash on my hairline went away!

let me know how to proceed sir

thanks! 

7C17BBEC-7D28-4A9B-A17C-EE0DA35BB4D7.jpeg

1C45C8ED-A1E1-4664-9089-0EE355091788.jpeg

41045D7B-B3EE-4EE5-9106-AF2FD408DED7.jpeg

064CD8D8-3092-4107-8095-4229E332D38F.jpeg

920FEDC8-E5A6-4A95-99D4-19C561F2DCF9.jpeg

Douglas

Can you let me know WHY you are taking/using the antibiotics.

If you are ONLY taking or using the antibiotics for your skin condition then do NOT take them or use them on your skin. The antibiotics are CAUSING your skin problems (and they might be causing your stomach problems??). 

Did you doctor say WHY he prescribed antibiotics for you ?? Did you doctor say WHY he thinks you have a protozoan infection ??

Good that things are improving.

Yes, fungus moves to areas where one has not applied antifungal cream. So, DO apply antifungal cream on your nose etc. Fungus causes ingrown hairs.

I am happy to hear back from you.

9 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Douglas

Can you let me know WHY you are taking/using the antibiotics.

If you are ONLY taking or using the antibiotics for your skin condition then do NOT take them or use them on your skin. The antibiotics are CAUSING your skin problems (and they might be causing your stomach problems??). 

Did you doctor say WHY he prescribed antibiotics for you ?? Did you doctor say WHY he thinks you have a protozoan infection ??

Good that things are improving.

Yes, fungus moves to areas where one has not applied antifungal cream. So, DO apply antifungal cream on your nose etc. Fungus causes ingrown hairs.

I am happy to hear back from you.

Aussie scientist, i had a bad stomach (loose motions and diarrhea)  for the last month , my doctor didnt even tell me why he was giving me these drugs be just said take these and go 

the drugs are helping my stomach (I ASSUME). 

BTW do u have any cure for blackheads, i have a lot on my nose

thanks brother

Advanced issues found

4 hours ago, Douglas45 said:

BTW do u have any cure for blackheads, i have a lot on my nose

Have you tried an AHA for light exfoliation? You can get cheap ones from The Ordinary. I like Lactic Acid, as it's mild, but some people prefer stronger Glycolic Acid (10%). The Niacinamide is also excellent for down-regulating oil production and for inflammation.

Douglas

I am now confused. Do you have a skin acne problem ???? - apart from blackheads on your nose (which most people have and are not caused by fungus)

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist) and I am not a medical doctor.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:06 AM, Aussie Scientist said:

Douglas

I am now confused. Do you have a skin acne problem ???? - apart from blackheads on your nose (which most people have and are not caused by fungus)

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist) and I am not a medical doctor.

Yes brother i had a skin acne problem but i also had a stomach problem as well.

the antifungals have helped my face but my stomach is still suffering even tho i take nilstat which u recommended. 

On 7/13/2019 at 9:06 AM, Aussie Scientist said:

Douglas

Brother if u have a skype please add me mine is: Hayan Kundi

we can talk on there and clear any confusion

so far my update is that my fungal acne has got significantly better however as i mentioned before my stomach problem is still there.

Douglas - I cannot do skype. Great that your "acne" is clearing.

Take oral Nilstat - that should fix your gut problems.

Are you still taking antibiotics ? If you are, they are probably making your stomach problem worse.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist, and not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

On 7/15/2019 at 4:37 AM, Aussie Scientist said:

Are you still taking antibiotics ? If you are, they are probably making your stomach problem worse.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist, and not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

My acne is clearing on my cheeks and my forehead has also got better (no big pimples) but i am still seeing small fungal like pimples on my forehead i am using lamisil and a little bit of clotrimazole as well

On 7/15/2019 at 4:37 AM, Aussie Scientist said:

I also have a cilcloperox antifungal should i try that as well? 

1 hour ago, Douglas45 said:

i am using lamisil

I just bought Lamisil too... going to try it from tonight. I hope we can both clear our acne...!

2 hours ago, podo said:

I just bought Lamisil too... going to try it from tonight. I hope we can both clear our acne...!

Lamisil is helping me but i am getting weary because i am still seeing some small pimples on my forehead, im going to also get nizoral shampoo and wash my face with that and also apply cicloperox cream. I did some research and i heard those both help as well. Take multiple antifungals because one just cut it. If these dont work ima start taking oral Ketoconzaole 

People

I did not find cicliopirox very useful for fungal acne, but your experience/s may be different.

I would not take oral keto as it is quite dangerous and candida and malasezzia tend to be resistant to it - yes I know there is a study report that oral keto controls fungal skin problems, but that study did not include either terbenafine or nystatin so one cannot conclude a lot from it.

It is absolutely try that one needs to apply 20-3 topical antifungal creams. Also try applying topical azaleic acid oinment as it is antifungal and also it calms inflammation.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

3 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

People

I did not find cicliopirox very useful for fungal acne, but your experience/s may be different.

I would not take oral keto as it is quite dangerous and candida and malasezzia tend to be resistant to it - yes I know there is a study report that oral keto controls fungal skin problems, but that study did not include either terbenafine or nystatin so one cannot conclude a lot from it.

It is absolutely try that one needs to apply 20-3 topical antifungal creams. Also try applying topical azaleic acid oinment as it is antifungal and also it calms inflammation.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

I just feel like lamisil isnt cutting it for me, i still see small pimples on my forehead. Right now im putting lamisil along with Ketoconzole and soon i will be taking oral keto. 

15 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

People

I just started oral lamisil, my forehead started getting bumps again and i have no idea why