Notifications
Clear all

Large pores on nose

MemberMember
(@duffy3)

Posted : 07/02/2019 9:45 am

I have been on Accutanefor 3 months now and have noticed a huge difference inmy skin. However, my biggest complaintright now is huge open pores on my nose and cheeks. I spoke to my Dermatologist about the issue and she said its going to go away in due time.

My nose looks gross especially when I wear makeup, you can seebig ol pores look like spongy rocks. Its messing with my confidence and cant even go out. Ivenever had acne on my nose, it was just oily.

Is there anything that can shrink or close these pores? Ive tried Aloe Vera and havent seen any results.

Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 07/02/2019 4:11 pm

Try salycilic acid on your nose, like the ordinary bha serum, twice or once a day. It helped me a lot with sebaceous filaments on my nose too, i know how frustating it is. Also, if you are a girl, you can add a transparent mineral powder on your nose in the morning to absorb the oil, in order to prevent your pores to become more blocked.

In fact, no. If you are taking accutane, your skin must be very dry. It didn't read you were taking it. It will most likely go on its own. Don't try salycilic acid if your skin is alredy peeling. I am so sorry for my mistake.

MemberMember
(@pablo1600)

Posted : 07/03/2019 6:44 am

Happened also to me when I was on accutane. The texture might get better with time because your skin is really dry. but unfortunately for me the pores are still very visible. I also had really oily nose and my theory is that when you are on accutane and if you have really deep clogged pores they will purge out all the sebum and the pores will get stretched out permanently. I pic would help. In the future I will try some treatments (tca cross, microneedling or laser). Use a good moisturizer that's non comedogenic and 1-2 months after accutane you can use niacimide serum from the ordinary. Don't get too high hopes doe. Hope this helped