Notifications
Clear all

Subcision Vs Fully Ablative CO2 Laser Resurfacing

MemberMember
(@musicalprincess)

Posted : 07/02/2019 2:25 am

Hi Guys,

Just came across this site via a youtube search but was wondering if anyone could help. I have had years of Acne scarring i had over 30 Derma Needling sessions (Due to seeing High Street Beauticians and being sold what i was told would be best) Having looked at various videos and research now realise that I need to go a little deeper if i want to treat the scar.

I have various types of scarring but the scar that annoys me most is around an inch squareof what i believe to be rolling acne by the side of my nose / just above the lip. Am i best to go down theSubcision orFully Ablative CO2 Laser Resurfacing route?

I don't have an endless bank account and not much time to take out for repeat sessions with long down time. I know most people say go for Subcision but have also readthat this may require up to 4 treatments. WouldFully Ablative CO2 Laser Resurfacing help with Rolling acne? I'm sure it would help with other areas of concerns but seen that it treats everything but not seen any videos or reviews with anyone that has rolling acne.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/02/2019 8:34 am

@MusicalPrincessHi there, without seeing a picture of your scarring I really cannot accurately advise you. Scar treatment is customized. Scar's make shadows and as such I would have to see your scar using a directional light or flashlight. It's not a easy broad treatment for all people.

Rolling scars typically need 4 subcisions w/ some filler, In the UK there is Dr Anil and there is Dr H consults. Dr Emil is in Denmark and very good, lots of people go see him with a cheap flight.

Dermaneedling or dermastamping can be done at home between Dr's sessions so this will not be a good treatment. I advise you to goto a Dr every 3 months or more so you heal properly and observe the changes in your scars.

We don't do fully ablative co2 laser anymore as it can cause lots of problems, fractional CO2 is only done at the end of manual treatments as it only works on surface texture.

Again no, co2 will NOT solve your problem, manual methods will. I have dirt port posters who can only afford one or two major treatments a year, they can afford Subcsion and some filler. They at home do dermastamping monthly to their scars and alternate with glycolic peels between Dr's sessions. They also use a retinoid nightly.

I have helped thousands find success, and NOT with laser which every Dr tries to push on you for quick $$$$$.

MemberMember
(@musicalprincess)

Posted : 07/02/2019 12:21 pm

Thank you so much for your response I actually was looking at Dr H Consults, on his website he still states he still doesfully ablative co2 laser

https://www.drhconsult.co.uk/treatments/laser-resurfacing-skin-rejuvenation/laser-resurfacing-costs/

And his instagram posts show plenty of acne treatments that he has done withfullablative co2 laser

I will try and add some photos so that you can see

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 07/02/2019 3:57 pm

LOL 3000 for a session of fully ablative co2 later. What a scam, gotta love money ($$$$$$) those greedy "doctors",can't believe they even manage to pull it off.

You can achieve the same result by doing two 40% TCA peel at home for 50 and I'm not kidding. There are actually medical papers on that

Note: I'm not suggesting doing TCA peel at home, mine was just a consideration. TCA peels done by inexperienced hands can cause serious damage.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/03/2019 2:37 pm

@MusicalPrincessThanks you for your response.I would again never start with laser and do manual methods with either Dr Anil, Dr Emil, or Dr H does do subcision without laser, ... I don't know if he will do it in your case. He is more of a laser Dr which is best done after several manual methods. We never start with laser as it's only for skin texture not individual scars.

Great some photos will help me customize your help more.

Regarding the allegation lase ris overprices... This poster does not realize in a great majority of the western world this is how much laser is. In the 3rd world sure you can get it for a fraction of that cost. You also don't have to be a Dr to own a laser there and anyone can just zap you. The NHS is very strict with health regulations compared to say Eastern Europe, you pay for that.

Some of the worst scar work I have ever seen has been from overly cheap Drs. They charge you a few hundred poundsto ruin your face permanently. The last he paid 700 pounds and his face is scarred for life. Some get very poor laser work done and no results at all as the Dr goes cheap each procedure ()more of them are needed). You pay different amounts for various things in life, a master tailor vs someone who mends and sews. A artist vs. a hobbyist. Some are willing to take chances, and others want the best.

Not all lasers are the same some cost 300,000 others are quite cheap to purchase. A bad dr will use the same settings on all patients, a good Dr reads your skin and knows how to treat you by reading the response. So how do you know what your getting, ask for the settings they will use, ask lots of questions about how they will do the treatment and any concerns, ask for the aftercare. Ask if they give lectures on laser work they do and what devices they have. Ask for photos of thier patients that should have similar issues to yours Make them give you a full plan of treatment, sometimes they do not agree to the tings you want with treatment and you can go elsewhere.

You want cheap then go price shop at the dollar store. This is your face were talking about. Sure there is some greed involved but any of the top 1% acne scar Dr's you will pay for their laser work(This is the most expensive thing). I believe the responded lives in Italy and tells posters laser is so cheap there with the newest device. I have NEVER seen good scar work come out of Italy. They all travel for a reason to get scar work elsewhere. You cannot compare cases, ... a easy treatment with a bad Dr may be fine - does he give lectures on laser internationally about scars(few do), does he know his laser settings and what do do if things go wrong. Lase ris not microneedling where we can just blast everyone's face.

Dr Emil is a bit cheaper for laser but be prepared he does not do the more ablative procedures that are aggressive.

Regardless of who you choose, hence why I say consult with a few Drs before treatment. Manual methods will give you the bulk of your improvement.

You can NEVER get the same results with tca as you can with a fully ablative laser procedure done by a experienced Dr. No TCA will give you the same results of a deep peel see f93d's post or a fully ablative laser resurfacing equivalent by a skilled Dr. You can tca and glycolic peel at home if the % is low enough, this is NOT the same thing.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 07/03/2019 8:55 pm

BA: I'm from Milan, this isn't a third world city....if anything the third/fourth richest city in Europe and one of the most expensive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_in_the_European_Union_by_GDP

Simply put, not all dermatologists like to scam people. I had the ablative CO2 laserdone (among many other lasers I tried in the past)and it did almost nothing for deep old acne scars, it only works for texture and anti aging and the forumis full of similar experiences.

If CO2 laser was the solution then many of us wouldn't write here anymore, paying 3000 for a session of laser when at best it can only slightly improve thescars is a scam. Even 500 (the amount it costs here done by very good practitioners) is way too much for something that can only give a 20% improvement on average (I asked Dr Emil and he told me I could expect a 10% improvement each session on my deep and old scars). Charginghigh prices doesn't always mean being the best, often it just mean being good at marketing and being very greedy.

As far as not having good doctors here to treat acne scars, well in the whole Europe there is only one and is dr Emil in Denmark (which by the way does also the fully ablative CO2 laser on high power setting since he told me). But that doesn't mean there aren't good doctors that know how to use lasers. Actually there are many but they aren't so greedy to ask 3000 for something they know they can't improve much.