Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foxer10

Dry dead skin? How to remove...

Have been on regimen over a week and im very satisfied with the results. I am getting what you guys call lizard skin smile.gif and Im cutting down on the BP to help control it. However I do have a lot of dry dead skin on the face. When you wipe your face with a napkin, its all dark little pieces of skin....

Now I know you're not supposed to irritate the skin to prevent acne....but Im about to get a hard sponge to scrub all that junk off..

What have you done to remove dead skin without tearing up your face??

TIA

Over a month on regimen, best move ever made. Started working 1st day, only a few new acne but gone very quickly.

I switched to Cetaphil cleaner, and Eucerin Q10 and its the best combination. No tight skin, no stinging moisturizer.

As for the dry skin I was having, I have a body wash glove, very coarse. I know you're going to freak but I used it on my dead skin area with cleanser and it removed it all. The swiss scrub didnt work so i had to resort to this but it worked, no redness or damage.

good luck.

Robert

Baking soda. Mix a pinch of it into your soap lather, add a little water and go. It really helps, and doesn't screw up the regimen with other cleansers. I was EXTREMELY flakey, the baking soda helps with that, and it makes my skin feel smoother (almost like it's been polished or something). Good luck!

Ive used vinegar once in a while with a cotton ball/pad and when Im done wiping theres a lot of dead skin residue I can see. It makes your face smell, but just wash your face afterwards with warm water.

i saw better to get rid of it in a quick few wipes of that sponge, than to sit there, scrubing with scrubs and toners for minutes to get all of it gone.

A good exfoliate should do the trick. I used to have this problem, so then I used Clean&Clears Blackhead scrub and boom, no more dead surface skin. Baking Soda and water should also be very good too.

Guest TylerD

I just have a question. How does the baking soda help to remove dead skin. I mean its just like white powder. Like icing sugar lol. I was just curious as to how it helps remove the dead skin because it sure isnt an exfoliating or anything like that. Anyway some let me know plz. thx.