Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

Yeah A mini breakout. Small white pimples. Oh great. Do you see results? Are you having it again?

I am having another treatment with Dr Emil 2nd september if Covid 19 wont intervene , situation is changing every day, in my Country part of Denamrk called Mjityland is under orange flag, its Aarhus , rest is ok , so will see.

2 minutes ago, Miro said:

I see some improvement definitely

Great. :) I want to try genius too for a few scars on my cheeks.

Are you having just the Genius?

Good luck.

5 minutes ago, Miro said:

Where r u based?

49 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

Great. :) I want to try genius too for a few scars on my cheeks.

Are you having just the Genius?

Good luck.

Where r u based?

Dont know, probably second round of Genius, but lets see what Dr says, Its genius + subc to release tethers.

I am east europe.

4 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

@Kristineellen is the second girl who had such a breakout

Yes my face up covered in a little whiteheads after my first round and a little bit on my second round. Not as bad the second round at all because she had me start clindamycin right away

Edited by Kristineellen

2 hours ago, Miro said:

I am east europe.

Cool! Wish you good luck with the treatments! So has any of Dr Emil patients got these pimples?

12 minutes ago, Kristineellen said:

Did they scar? That's what I'm afraid of.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

Did they scar? That's what I'm afraid of.

Not at all. I didn’t touch them and I just cleaned my face and put the clindamycin on and they just went awayNot at all. I didn’t touch them and I just cleaned my face and put the clindamycin on and they just went away

49 minutes ago, tortoiseshell9 said:

so did @outkast93 i think it’s pretty normal

Was he treated by Dr Emil or somebody else? People who've bern to Emil and had the Genius treatment haven't heard of such thing.

5 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

That's good ☺

9 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

Nah-I think outkast and Kristine both are patients of Dr. Weiner in Florida. They both have recent posts about their experiences.

Dr. Weiner is supposed to be one of the best with energy devices- he uses the Genius RF, as well as ultrasound to make sure the depth of the RF is correct for the scars.

But I think it’s just a common side effect and nothing about the doctor. Dr. Emil seems really capable at Genius as well as manual forms of treatment too. I’d probably visit him if I lived in Europe.

Edited by tortoiseshell9

31 minutes ago, tortoiseshell9 said:

Ok. Thanks. 2 patients of Dr Emil were suprised that there was such thing at all though.

I have very few scars but want them gone. At the same time I don't want to risk more scarring.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

All treatments possess the risko of more scars, all of em, some higher some lower , but its a risk u re taking with acne scars treatments

5 minutes ago, Miro said:

I know

I was wondering did dr emil place you on antibiotics to avoid this minibreakout?

15 hours ago, Dilyana said:

No. No pimples.

I read that some doctors place their patients on antibiotics to avoid breakout before energy devices or lasers

I know

Well I gues he gave me some painkillers but no antibiotics, i think he gave me some antibiotics after my first and second subcision , but i am not sure , it was 3 pills , probably strong stuff, 3 pills - 3 days , 1 per day .

I know

No, Dr Emil didn't give me anything, but I was on a 5 week course of minocycline for another skin issue, prescribed by my dermatologist back home, so I guess this could have helped not to develop the white pimples.

Edited by Dilyana

1 hour ago, Miro said:

You were both on antibiotics then.

49 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

You were both on antibiotics then.

Not after Genius

20 minutes ago, Miro said:

Not after Genius

Yeah, sorry. Just the other girl. I am seriously thinking of booking an appointment with Dr Emil for Genius treatment for my scarring now. Does he offer good after care? Can you reach him with concerns if anything comes up in the recovery?

Link to comment

BlueMaloney the filler lasts about a month in my case... but the purpose of the filler to keep the cut tissue after Sub for a while. Small quantity. To fill up the face you need more filler.
Healing ok but very slow. All the marks after the laser are pink now. It took about 2 month for that one cheek scar to heal and another 2 to flatten so no worries..

and Belgium is closed for Denmark from the 15th of Aug so I was lucky to get it done..

Who did fr Genius could you please describe your first day, second, third... when it is poss to put make up and to go out?

Edited by Sibel

1 hour ago, Sibel said:

Sure. My recovery was surprisingly fast and without problems given the high energy settings the doctor used.

For the first 3 days my face was excessively swollen. I used only a gentle wash and Cerave moisturizer and dilligently massaged the filler many times a day, following Dr. Emil's advice.

On day 4 the swelling subsided, the filler settled and I started applying mineral make up.

After that my skin normalized with every day more and more. Now - 9 days after - I'm left with tiny grid marks on one cheek and light reddish undertone.

I still haven't done any sport for fear of messing the filler up, I'll wait for another week or so.

What I'm really curious about is the Radiesse filler. I see my scars over the filler but the area overall is very plump and the texture is less wavy-like. I don't know if the filler has settled and that's the final effect, or if my scarring will be more visible in 2 weeks time. If anyone had experience with the Radiesse filler as a field therapy, feel free to share your experience about this.

I'm also curious about the effect of the Genius device. It's new much improved technology. Dr. Emil was very confident and I've also read only positive things, some doctors even claim that it's a better tool for scars than fully ablative lasers, and other devices.

Link to comment

It’s weird it wasn’t known. Breakouts are a side effect with the machine and was even listed as a side effect on my consent forms. It’s rarer. But definitely a possibility.

7F12BFC1-DE83-4AE5-9CC6-3939C9B59354.png

Edited by Kristineellen

3 hours ago, Dilyana said:

3 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

7F12BFC1-DE83-4AE5-9CC6-3939C9B59354.png

8 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

When did you get the spots? Right after?

I think within 48-72 hours. I’d have to look back on my post. I posted about it on my thread but haven’t looked recently.

9 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

When did you get the spots? Right after?

He was very confident that there will be no problems and there really aren't. But yes, you can contact him after the treatment if there is something.

16 hours ago, Dilyana said:

Yes I red that too, practicaly every acne scar specialist says that, it also is not that much invasive as laser , there are no sun restrictions and not so many risks as with laser , but when scars are tethered u need to combine it with subcision.

However it doesnt have one very important thing : ablation factor, it doesnt resurface the skin.

Edited by Miro

1 hour ago, Miro said:

Yes, I read reviews on Realself, a few studies. PS and dermatologists say that it's a powerfull tool because it delivers high intensity enough energy directly into the deeper skin layers so that it can actually bring about change in the scars. But I'm realistic. I'm not expecting miracles, 30% improvement after a couple of Genius would be just fine for me.

Yes, no ablation. Full ablation is so daunting for me.

Edited by Dilyana