Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

@Obi wan and @beautifulambition i'm thinking to see dr Emil in the future for subcision and filler. Case is that i underrwent 4 subcisions already with no results. As a matter of fact, i've noticed while suctioning that some scars were tethered back again. No nokor was used and no filler.

Is it wise to do my 5 th subcision?

Link to post

Not in defence of Emil, but if anyone has extensive sub dermal fibrosis and extensive scarring, NOKOR will bruise in 100% of cases. This is a medical procedure meaning side effect can and do occur. Bruising with NOKOR is not a side effect- it is an expected outcome. Even at two weeks plus. Every scar is different, every patient is different. Emil's technique is individual point subscision- the most gentle form of NOKOR. If you had 3 point entry, multilayer approach, your bruising will be a lot higher, with a side effect possibly of a seroma or haematoma. Have no disillusions about subcsion using a blade. It can work well, but as with all medical treatments, side effects can occur. I just read your post about another doctor, I can not comment, but I know Emil's technique, as he was taught by Chu. He points subcsise based upon each tether. If your tether is multi layered, its point subcsion but different layers, a scar may 'look the same' but the attachment point for each scar and each patient can never be visualised, just felt by the resistance of the procedure. Never compare one experience to the other, as this can be deceiving and expectations can be blurred......

10 hours ago, Obi wan said:

Emil's technique is individual point subscision- the most gentle form of NOKOR.

Emil's technique was not individual point subcision in my case. There were in total 2 entry points on my right cheek for all the scars there. The video you've seen on youtube of his technique is definately not the same as my case. I chose him also because of that video.

Link to post

You will be in good hands, he is praised by many of his colleagues, including Henningsen who taught him. He is highly respected by all this colleagues and is a true gentleman, looking out for the patient's best interest. May the force be with you.

Edited by Obi wan

Link to post

I can speak for Emil having had my scar treatment with his clinic - absolutely amazing.  Uses multiple techniques tailored to the type of scar.  Great aftercare.  He doesn't have any YouTube videos up in English but he speaks perfect English.

On 6/26/2018 at 1:42 PM, Adi332 said:

He doesn't have any YouTube videos up in English but he speaks perfect English.

Some have English subtitles.

Link to post

Can someone confirm Adis comment on Dr. Henningson. I live in Germany and I have shallow scars. Not a big deal but I want to go to the best possible acne specialist in Europe.

Please any other testimonials on Dr. EMIL Henningsen????

Yes bro Dr Emil its good
but i dont know what skills he do on adis i know that he control laser, co2,erbium,tca cross,filler nokor and other liker plexr ,prp...

Link to post
@Sibel I really do think you could use a facelift (excess skin and laxity) subcisions and Sculptra (lots of volume missing). Let's consider the forehead separately as I mentioned above (botox, microneedling to scars, laser, sub).

At the very least I would do several vials of sculptra to the cheeks for volume and some lift.

Just goto Dr Emil, he does filler. Tell him you need sculptra, this is a for sure, or several Mls of LYFT/Voluma. He will be subcising as well. I think Emil better fits your needs.

Do me a favor, goto another post called need a facelift, where I tell them this person does not. I want you to see the pictures of people with HIV facial lipoatrophy, google image the pics. See what a difference Volume makes to aging.

BA

Link to post
@Sibel Botox is fine, ... thousands/ millions of patients have had it for all sorts of conditions. No one has ever gone blind from it. Just get less units to start if your afraid. You don't have to treat around the eye,... just the upper forehead Frontalis. Botox really does not spread that far with a few units. Maybe you need to ease into it when doing some filler with someone you trust.

Give it a try, ... a few units. The forhead scars would improve a bit. OF course you can try the manual things first.  Ie. subcision, or rf needling. I would consider your issues 2 areas: forehead and cheeks/ lower. Different plans of action.

2 hours ago, Sibel said:

The cheeks look awfull, the scars just did not lift at all...and the texture... to do tca spot on all scars?...full tsa peel?...yes fillers later..pdo in the cheeks... all not permanent..
Pr. did not recommend excision because of the new linear scar..

The scars that didn't lift right after the subcision with Emil, do look better after several weeks. Be patient :) Edited by Noa27

Link to post

Emil told me to wait at least a month before doing a next subcision, but he also said that if I decide to do my next subcision in 6 months, it also would be okay.

Edited by Noa27

9 hours ago, Nina22 said:

In my view it is true that Prof. Chu is limited with his treatments he only offers Nokor subcision which is meant for deeper scars, no cannula for textural scars .. He only performed subcision on two of my scars with Nokor (and I have many more rolling scars) and one smaller scar got even worse from it. I have many textural scars and cannula field subcision was what Dr. Novick did for me after Chu without any use of Nokor. This also didn't help much - due to lack of filler perhaps but felt like a better technique for my type of scars. Novick also used a microcannula for individual subcision of my forehead scar - which actually helped a bit. Dr. Emil also only does Nokor subcision - if these Drs are so good why they don't follow the cannula trend as well? I'm just wondering.. because if one has only textural scars Chu's dermapen doesn't help much. He also applied TCA cross to all of my shallow rolling scars which was not in line with the theory that TCA is mainly for icepicks.. So overall zero improvement for me. Anyway, it is indeed shame we don't get more options in Europe.

I went to Dr. Emil last week and he used a thinner needle for my temples. I didn't ask what the name was, but would assume that it's a cannula. He showed me three different needles that he uses - one of them being Nokor which he used on my cheeks.

Link to post

@Sibel Can you post new pictures so I can advise. The forehead is very hard to treat. Dr Emil now does cannula subcision.

" I developed new lines and scars after Derminator done by myself(3 times cheeks/6 times forehead) and when I showed the lines he just said you should not do it yourself(. While here Derminator is highly recommended that is why I purchased it and used following strictly all the instructions." - new data shows those who are sensitive and heal poorly should not derminator/needle. They  can make more scars. IF you heal well it should be only .75mm to 1mm. Some people are going way to deep. I would stop microneedling for you completely.

""Dr work and the method is only 50% and another 50% is how u heal...it is what I understand now. " Yes it's all about healing.

"Here one he page with tca description is strongly recommended to start from lower %. It should be added that some Drs use 100%. " Drs can do whatever they want I Cannot advise on them all, some do all sorts of crazy things. Some should not be using acids. I just try to advise those trying it at home with lower %.

I am getting a pattern out of the cross and needling, ... you have sensitive skin that does not heal well. We have to be mindful of that when advising for more treatments.

I just want to put a general disclaimer that we are all different, while our experiences our nice to share for one they could have amazing results and the other it does not work. I know complications from other health concerns that also are factors in the stories in other posts on the forums here.  Yes Chu is formulaic with his "plan".

BA

Hey @andys_01

Sorry for my late response.

I'm not a doctor and honestly didn't know that the tip of the needle was what distinguish a nokor from a cannula - know I do!. Although, Emil has an video on instagram where he is using a Cannula needle. :)

Edited by Swede_89

Link to post

@Sibel It almost sounds like you have a auto immune like condition going on. Sensitivity, poor healing, and new reoccurant scars. As you know Chu does not do energy devices. Consider Emil. Normally in cases like yours they do CO2 laser, but I am afraid that will make you much worse with the sensitivity from everything else. What do you think about some laser for those areas on the cheeks and the elastosis in the skin. Zero result in the forehead sounds like it was done wrong. Chu does not do Cannula because he is stuck in his methods and ways. IT takes strength. Emil has started to do Cannula. Yes Chu's favorite is Nokor. They just get good at a treatment and continue it. The marks from breakout are troubling. I really do think you need to goto a general dermatologist to checkout the break outs, treating Dr's for aesetics as you know often don't treat these infections or bacterial issues.  Your in the UK right, have you thought about doing that Dermatology Panel with the NHS of complicated dermatology cases. They take a biopsy and scarping to consult.

Ask Chu if you need antibiotic, the forehead does not look right currently.

Link to post

Checked autoimmune conditions many times, all tests are fine. Biopsy(urticaria), scraping(demodex). Hundreds of dermatologists in different countries for years. Checking the break outs. Many diff medications. Antibiotics(different)were prescribed many times with no effect. Nothing had effect except roa.

I am in Belgium not Uk.

I went through lasers with no result, worsening the texture and outbreaks every time so I have got more scars! I do not think that CO2 will be different. The risk is too much and the result is a lottery.

TCA Cross was done wrong??? By one of the most experienced Doc?...

I do not see a way anymore...yes will go to Chu...Emil...more Sub with filler...but I understand now that there is no solution. I found somewhere here: The reality is the best treatments for acne scars have subtle results if you are lucky and most likely no results at all. Sums it up(

On 1/3/2019 at 4:02 PM, Swede_89 said:

Hey @andys_01

Sorry for my late response.

Hey Swede ,

thank a lot or your post. How is your result , did you have a filler also ?

Did you have some other treatments method with Dr. Emil except the subcision ?

best regards

Link to post

About the therapists..I am 45 and have seen enough therapists believe me, particularly in the times of the severe cysts. I do not think it is pointless! I found some good ones! But all of them sooner or later put u on some kind of AD and this is the road to nowhere! I know that I have to be patient, I know that it no improvement over night, I do not have any temptation to get everything done at once, I am old enough and have this acne scars problem for more then 20+ years. Yes I have BDD but if to compare with some people who has BDD from one! scar on the cheek and excision went wrong, I am nowhere close to this with 30+ scars over the whole face.

Edited by Sibel

Hey Everyone :)

Im interested in getting a few sessions of subcision + TCA Cross to level out some scars. My scars are mostly shallow rolling and box scars. I might look into peels or laser at a later stage.

I'm located in Europe. Emil and Chu are the two derms which keep being mentioned.

I've sent e-mail to Chu's secretary with pictures, and she replied that Chu recommends subcision + tca + dermapen (which seems to be his standard procedure). Some people seemed to have good resutls with Chu and others say he was rushed and ignored their concerns. I'm also not interested in dermapen as I've done microneedling 6 times previously and don't see the point of doing more. Also, given that my boxscar and rolling scars are on the shallow side, I don't know if the Nokor needle would be the best choice, perhaps he'd only subcise 2-3 deeper box scars?

Emil on the other hand uses cannula, however it seems he injects filler after the first subcision, I would like to see where subcision alone would take me before opting for filler. Also Emil tends to recommend laser with subcision and TCA Cross, which seems odd to me. It would make more sense to resurface once the TCA has elevated the scars. Hmmmm

So I don't know how I should proceed... now I truly understand the saying 'ignorance is bliss' :smileys_n_people_9:Would appreciate any insightful input.

Thanks guys!

@SossySun

Goto Emil if you can. He has more options for treatment. Unless the UK is more convenient for you.

Chu's plan is a package, ... regardless what you have. This works for some as a start before they go elsewhere for filler between subcisions and or lasers.

Emil is customized.