Notifications
Clear all

not wanting to go anywhere because of acne

MemberMember
(@acnefuckingsucks)

Posted : 06/28/2019 2:11 pm

Im a 15 year old girl and i have very severe acne. By severe i mean that almost every part of my skin has acne or inflammation.

Acne heavily effects me as me as a person. I used to have confidence and I used to feel happy with how i looked. However, now that i have acne i have lost all interest in many of the things i used to love. I dont go outside very often and i hate it, but i cant muster up the courage to try and go anywhere because im so self conscious. I hate wearing makeup and i feel it just doesnt hide my acne very well, but i also will never go out without makeup on. So you can see that this is a lose, lose situation for me.

My dermatologist appointment is still almost a month away, the 26th of July. So, i cant really do anything till then because i dont trust myself anymore with trying to help my acne because i only make it worse.

OKAY...so heres the problem that i need help with. My sister has a birthday dinner tonight and i so badly want to go and have fun with her and my family, but i cant seem to get courage to put on makeup to go. I know thats selfish but i am currently having a breakdown in my room and have crying for the past 2 hours. I dont know what i should do. Please tell me if i am being selfish or stupid or even how to get out of going without being rude. I know this sounds so stupid im just so scared. So thanks for your time.

stressed teen

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 07/02/2019 12:45 am

I know that sometimes it is easier to tell people to stay positive than it is in real life. I just want to say that acne isoften temporary. I remember that there was a boy in my class at school who had really severe acne. A few years later there was nothing left (only some hardly noticeable scars).

It is not selfish, stupid or superficial to feel depressed because of acne. It is a real condition.

You derm will probably give you an appropriate regimen. Maybe he will advise you to go on accutane, but it is your choice to go on a such treatment or not. But anyway, you have to tell yourself everyday that it is only temporary. Even scars can be removed with laser so stay positive!

Makeup can be kind of of "mental remedy" when you can REALLYcover it properly. Itwas for me: i was doing "pint point concealling" with laura mercier secret camouflage, doing my own mix of colors to match exactly my skin tone,just on my pimples and nobody could tell i had acne. It really helped me with confidence.I don't know if you have cystic kind of acne (which can be harder to hide) but maybe you can watch a lisa eldridge acne tutorial on YouTube. She does it on a model and the results are breathtaking.

MemberMember
(@unusednylon)

Posted : 07/05/2019 9:58 am

Please don't wait the acne to disappear by itself because it may leave scars and those are forever (there's no cure for scars). The longer the acne takes to disappear from your face more chance to leave scars. Be agressive with your treatment and your diet, 100% of the time, if needed go extremely low-carb (meats and veggies only) and recover fast.

I wish you well.