Notifications
Clear all

I'm smoking heavily after getting subcision and c02 laser treatment back in february

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 06/17/2019 8:41 am

Unfortunately, I started smoking heavily after getting what I believe to be a successful subcision and c02 laser done in February of this year. I want to quit!!!!

Will smoking reverse the benefits I am going through from the acne scar procedures?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/17/2019 10:46 am

@HopeNewI got your PM concerning this. Yes the following make the body heal poorly and cause more scars:

Smoking, excessive drinking, recreational drug usage, and steroids. They completely destroy your immune system.

Consider the patch(to progressively quit) if that's something you need or goto a therapist who can help you quit if that is what you seek. I have seen people in fact get scars from these habits alone.

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 06/17/2019 1:16 pm

I quit cold turkey, first week or 2 withdrawal symptoms were pretty bad but it was one of the best decisions ever.

HopeNew and Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 06/20/2019 6:21 am

I quit smoking. I threw out the pack (a nurse), as a witness at my gym. It's been almost 24 hours that I have been smoke free.

I am using an app to keep track of the hours that I have not smoked. It also gives me great messages to help me stay smoke free, as well as accumulates the money saved.

My skin is more important than smoking.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 06/20/2019 10:19 am

100percent smoking destroys your skin. I was scar free but with acne when I didnt smoke. After summer of 20 cigs/day (+weed) every single pimple left me with scars. Dont research anything from literaturetrying to find a way to be a smoker and good healer at the same time.

Straight facts. If you want results - do not even thinkabout cigs. Period.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 06/22/2019 5:13 am

I'm struggling with it. I want to stop! I have to stop!

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 06/22/2019 5:35 am

Read Allen Carrs the easy way to stop smoking

the physical withdrawal is actually minimal and leaves the body fast, its psychological mate!

You smoke just to feel normal again, it just relieves the empty feeling inside. The joke is- the empty feeling was created by the first cigarette you smoked.

You are not gaining anything from smoking, only losing.

And it tastes disgusting, just remember the first time you smoked. Maybe now you could say its an aquired taste, when in reality its an aquired LACK of taste

and the patch and other similar products just keep you hooked longer, still keeping nicotine in your system

I seriously recommend the book, its all psychological

Hope this helps

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 06/23/2019 6:12 am

Thanks. I'm coughing a lot and I feel so disgusting. I will lookAllen Carr up on YouTube.

Atrophica liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 08/11/2019 6:30 am

I want to get all my photos deleted from acne.org including archived. Can I do that?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/11/2019 6:30 pm

@HopeNewPM me specifically what you want removed(links) - ba