Notifications
Clear all

Depressed with Tiny Scar, Icepicks scar

MemberMember
(@duy-dao)

Posted : 06/11/2019 3:40 am

Hello everyone, I'm Duy, 22 years old and i had been suffered those tiny scars for several years. The more contact with the direct light or sun, the more visible the scars become. I've endured alot of treatment like Dermaroller with growth factor serum (2 times), Laser Fractional Co2 ( 1 times) , TCA Cross on the icepick scar ( but look like the scar is so small and tiny and make it very difficult for the doctor to target, finally she quit spot treatment with TCA) , Microdermabrasion with my personal PMD machine. 

I also use Obagi C professional 20% and Tretinoin with the hope to accelerate and increase collagen infusion and somehow fix my scar,  but Non of them give me significant changes on my face.

Can you please give me some advices? 

20190610_143542.jpg.069d94d86de43cca9f54ede2c67b6e19.jpg20190610_143513.jpg.7175108e58701b655cf5ec37f79df73f.jpg

20190611_141341.jpg

20190610_142959.jpg

MemberMember
(@johnthegreat)

Posted : 06/11/2019 5:40 am

I envy you, my scars are way much worse than yours.

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 06/11/2019 7:49 am

Hi Duy,

I genuinely think your scars are not as noticeable as you think they are. Even at a close distance, they will just look like slightly enlarged pores. I do mean it. If you look close enough, almost everyone has visible pores all over their facial skin.

I'm risking sounding paternalistic here - and I apologize if I do - but have youtried to direct your self-gaze to something external? Excessiveself-consciousnesscan be way more detrimental to one's wellbeing than acne scars themselves ever can.

I have very similar scars to yours, and I spent almost 2 years agonizing over them. I was constantly depressed and anxious. I wanted to hide under my desk all the time, and I stopped socializing for fear of exposing my face in public. The times that made me genuinely happy was when I directed my self-gaze to the nature. It was the stars, the sky, and the fresh, crisp air after the rain. Moments like that liberated me from mysubconsciousness.

I came back to this forum because I'm at a time and place where I can afford some treatments. And I genuinely believe that if you think more treatments is what you need, then, by all means, go for it. My concern is that you mentioned that you're depressed by your scars, and because they are so tiny (like you said), what if no treatment can improve your scars to the extent that you'll be happy with? How will you be able to find a way out of your depressive thoughts?

Cheers man.

Duy Dao liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/11/2019 10:18 am

@Duy DaoThanks for posting your pictures that helps. It seems your main issue is redness or PIE, I see inflamed papials and comodones, also black heads. Have you ever looked into fungal acne. Try something like Ketoconazole or Nizoral and see if it calms down a bit. The redness and skin comodones concern me.

IF we are treating redness you need pulse dye laser or picosure is great for your skin type.

For icepicks as you know tca cross is used, many sessions are needed. But I see your main problem being large pores, have you started to wash with something like Salicylic wash and do monthly glcolic peels. You have to fix the source of the problem. Are you using a nightly retinoid like retin-a / tretinorin / differin. Azaleic Acid is great for this as well. I want you to try the ordinary or whatever brand Niacinamide cream as well as it helps redness and pores.

Look at your diet, ... sugar is bad, refined carbs, dairy, ... eat lots of living foods like fresh veg and fruits

Fraxel 1927nm 22 passes over your cheeks would help in combination with the picosure I mentioned above. I would do a few more sessions of tca cross first. If you don't have this in your country try rf needling in combo with it.

I see what you put above but there are many factors and skill in treating scars, I Want you to goto 3 other Dr's and do consults even if you have to pay, see what they say about treatment, pick the one you like best.

Everyone has large pores though, ... your biggest issue for me is comodones and redness , as I mentioned above. Start with the source of this issue before doing a bunch of expensive treatments, and do your provider(s) consults so your informed and can choose.

Duy Dao liked
MemberMember
(@duy-dao)

Posted : 06/12/2019 2:11 am

15 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Duy DaoThanks for posting your pictures that helps. It seems your main issue is redness or PIE, I see inflamed papials and comodones, also black heads. Have you ever looked into fungal acne. Try something like Ketoconazole or Nizoral and see if it calms down a bit. The redness and skin comodones concern me.

IF we are treating redness you need pulse dye laser or picosure is great for your skin type.

For icepicks as you know tca cross is used, many sessions are needed. But I see your main problem being large pores, have you started to wash with something like Salicylic wash and do monthly glcolic peels. You have to fix the source of the problem. Are you using a nightly retinoid like retin-a / tretinorin / differin. Azaleic Acid is great for this as well. I want you to try the ordinary or whatever brand Niacinamide cream as well as it helps redness and pores.

Look at your diet, ... sugar is bad, refined carbs, dairy, ... eat lots of living foods like fresh veg and fruits

Fraxel 1927nm 22 passes over your cheeks would help in combination with the picosure I mentioned above. I would do a few more sessions of tca cross first. If you don't have this in your country try rf needling in combo with it.

I see what you put above but there are many factors and skill in treating scars, I Want you to goto 3 other Dr's and do consults even if you have to pay, see what they say about treatment, pick the one you like best.

Everyone has large pores though, ... your biggest issue for me is comodones and redness , as I mentioned above. Start with the source of this issue before doing a bunch of expensive treatments, and do your provider(s) consults so your informed and can choose.

THANK YOU FOR ANSWER ME. I will follow your instruction.
And maybe i should stop thinking about the scars all the time

18 hours ago, walkietalkie said:

Hi Duy,

I genuinely think your scars are not as noticeable as you think they are. Even at a close distance, they will just look like slightly enlarged pores. I do mean it. If you look close enough, almost everyone has visible pores all over their facial skin.

I'm risking sounding paternalistic here - and I apologize if I do - but have youtried to direct your self-gaze to something external? Excessiveself-consciousnesscan be way more detrimental to one's wellbeing than acne scars themselves ever can.

I have very similar scars to yours, and I spent almost 2 years agonizing over them. I was constantly depressed and anxious. I wanted to hide under my desk all the time, and I stopped socializing for fear of exposing my face in public. The times that made me genuinely happy was when I directed my self-gaze to the nature. It was the stars, the sky, and the fresh, crisp air after the rain. Moments like that liberated me from mysubconsciousness.

I came back to this forum because I'm at a time and place where I can afford some treatments. And I genuinely believe that if you think more treatments is what you need, then, by all means, go for it. My concern is that you mentioned that you're depressed by your scars, and because they are so tiny (like you said), what if no treatment can improve your scars to the extent that you'll be happy with? How will you be able to find a way out of your depressive thoughts?

Cheers man.

So happy when i found somebody with the same condition like me. Your advices help me alot!

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 06/13/2019 4:41 pm

Well , i cant see scars, i wouldnt call those dilated pores as ice pick scars, maybe enlarged pores that arent deep at all.

just follow BA's intructions and dont overthink on your skin, your skin is very good, cheers.