Notifications
Clear all

Tried Removing Sebaceous Hyperplasia on Nose and now I have slightly raised pink skin

MemberMember
(@island_88)

Posted : 06/11/2019 2:54 am

After many attempts of trying to get rid of Sebaceous Hyperlasia (Cryosurgery, laser, micro-needling) I decided to try the apple cider vinegar method that was suggested by a few people on here. After 6 weeks I'm letting my skin heal now, but I noticed after the scab came off I have slightly raised puffy pink skin. I'm worried that it will stay like this. Does anyone know if this is normal? I've been using neosporin and now switched to hydrocolloid patches to help heal the spots. I'm thinking to get some hydrocortisone cream to help too, but i'm not sure if  it's too late for that to work? I've attached a pic were you can see the puffy skin ontop and above the red mark (a newer wound). The one above the red mark is what i'm concerned about now. Any tips would be greatly appreciated 

20190610_213528.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/11/2019 10:31 am

@island_88This is completely normal and what happens when we treat scars, our body has to heal and it takes many weeks. I would never have used apple cider vinegar though you made a minor burn on your scars. This must heal. Just like a burn put some aloe vera on it, or a burn cream - some use vaseline. If you must go out you can put some concealer on it. It will take several weeks. In 2 weeks start using a retinoid like retin-a, tretinorin or differin nightly. Buy some niacinamide cream as this helps with redness a bit. Vitamin C serum can also help with healing but ONLY after you heal a few weeks as you brunt yourself.

Ok good neosporin for the burns. NO do not use hydrocortisone this is a steriod and will thin the skin and prolong your healing. Your healing, you have a burn aka a wound, we don't want to irritate it.

If this does not clear after DIY at home treatments, go see a Dr for a series of pulse dye laser for redness.

island_88 liked
MemberMember
(@island_88)

Posted : 06/11/2019 11:29 am

45 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@island_88 This is completely normal and what happens when we treat scars, our body has to heal and it takes many weeks. I would never have used apple cider vinegar though you made a minor burn on your scars. This must heal. Just like a burn put some aloe vera on it, or a burn cream - some use vaseline. If you must go out you can put some concealer on it. It will take several weeks. In 2 weeks start using a retinoid like retin-a, tretinorin or differin nightly. Buy some niacinamide cream as this helps with redness a bit. Vitamin C serum can also help with healing but ONLY after you heal a few weeks as you brunt yourself. 

Ok good neosporin for the burns. NO do not use hydrocortisone this is a steriod and will thin the skin and prolong your healing. Your healing, you have a burn aka a wound, we don't want to irritate it. 

If this does not clear after DIY at home treatments, go see a Dr for a series of pulse dye laser for redness. 

Thank you I've actually put some vitamin c on it a few times would that make things worse? How about the hydrocolloid? Just to make sure I understand you correctly, you think the raised/red puffiness should go down over time and to use aloe/vaseline (I use neosporin because it doesn't clog my pores) and then in 2 weeks to start using retin-a? If you see in the pic the red mark is more of a fresh wound and the mark above it has been there probably 1 week before it. So should I wait longer until I can use the retin-a on all of the skin since each wound is at a different stage of healing? 

I was thinking in the day to use the aloe/neosporin and at night to apply the rentin-a + hydrocolloid bandages because the neosporin usually tends to smudge off when sleeping.  Lastly, I do get acne on my skin would it be safe to use Salicylic acid to treat acne? I appreciate your assistance :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/12/2019 10:57 am

@island_88 Your very welcome!

No vitamin c as it's acidic until it heals a bit more, a week or two. Good your in week 2, you need another week or two of healing before stronger treatments. I would rather you put silicone scar sheets on the area than hydrocolloid, never put any topical underneath, burn time if you do. Some wear the actives at night and silicone patches or liquid for scars during the day or reverse that. It will take a long time to go away be prepared, this is a burn and like any burn just takes some months. You can use concealer if that's a issue. No scrubs or harsh chemical washes, sensitive products. 

Aloe, Niacinamide, retin-a (don't use too much if it causes irritation even once or twice a week), glycolic peels after a month of healing or salicylic. Vitamin C can be used a few times a week, don't over treat, allow to heal, less is more. Sunscreen!!!!

Fresh with a burn is 2-3 months with initial damage the worst - one month in.  

Yes wait longer, use soothing treatments for burns. Please note below when it says vinegar that is verrrrrry dilute with water same with essential oils, I would not do those. Use soothing things. You don't have to use any of the below just want to show you this.

Home Remedies for Burns Pain Relief | Natural Treatments to Heal Burns

island_88 liked
MemberMember
(@island_88)

Posted : 06/13/2019 2:36 am

15 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@island_88Your very welcome!

No vitamin c as it's acidic until it heals a bit more, a week or two. Good your in week 2, you need another week or two of healing before stronger treatments. I would rather you put silicone scar sheets on the area than hydrocolloid, never put any topical underneath, burn time if you do. Some wear the actives at night and silicone patches or liquid for scars during the day or reverse that. It will take a long time to go away be prepared, this is a burn and like any burn just takes some months. You can use concealer if that's a issue. No scrubs or harsh chemical washes, sensitive products.

Aloe, Niacinamide, retin-a(don't use too much if it causes irritation even once or twice a week), glycolic peels after a month of healing or salicylic. Vitamin C can be used a few times a week, don't over treat, allow to heal, less is more. Sunscreen!!!!

Fresh with a burn is 2-3 months with initial damage the worst - one month in.

Yes wait longer, use soothing treatments for burns. Please note below when it says vinegar that is verrrrrry dilute with water same with essential oils, I would not do those. Use soothing things. You don't have to use any of the below just want to show you this.

Thanks for this info. Please let me know if this sounds good:

Now: vitamin b/Niacinamide + neosporin ontop during day and at night silicone gel

In 2 Weeks - Retin A + Vitamin C about 3-4 days out of the week?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/13/2019 1:37 pm

@island_88

Make it 3 weeks with the rein-a vitamin c, ease into it, skin test if it's ok with your skin, try it once a week, add more if you can handle it.

Therest sounds good.

See a provider if there is any infection or you need a cosmetic derm or plastic to resurface with a laser or pulse dye for redness - alwaysa option.

island_88 liked
MemberMember
(@island_88)

Posted : 07/30/2019 9:05 pm

On 6/13/2019 at 11:37 AM, beautifulambition said:

@island_88

Make it 3 weeks with the rein-a vitamin c, ease into it, skin test if it's ok with your skin, try it once a week, add more if you can handle it.

Therest sounds good.

See a provider if there is any infection or you need a cosmetic derm or plastic to resurface with a laser or pulse dye for redness - alwaysa option.

Just wanted to let you know a progress update. The redness is gone and it's starting to heal but I noticed the patch of skin looks a bit raised. Will this go away with time?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/31/2019 5:56 pm

@island_88Apicture would be helpful to advise. Is it firm? How long has it been total since the beginning of this issue. Have you seen a dermatologist about it?

MemberMember
(@island_88)

Posted : 10/24/2019 5:43 pm

On 7/31/2019 at 3:56 PM, beautifulambition said:

@island_88 A picture would be helpful to advise. Is it firm? How long has it been total since the beginning of this issue. Have you seen a dermatologist about it?

Please see the attached. To me it doesn't feel firm, it feels like my other skin on my nose. I tried to do different angles, lighting so you can see how it looks. It looks a bit raised and has a border. Do you think it will flatten with time? I've just been using tazarotene (like rentin-a)  occasionally. I was thinking to maybe start micro-needling treatments but I don't know if it will make it worse. Please let me know your thoughts on how I should proceed to get it flatter / less noticeable. 

20191024_183350.jpg

20191024_183545.jpg

20191024_183751.jpg

20191024_183832.jpg

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 01/12/2022 3:57 pm

Update ?