Notifications
Clear all

Just needing advice - where to go next?

MemberMember
(@emday)

Posted : 06/10/2019 10:25 am

Hey everyone, 

I™m posting on here because I honestly don™t know what to do anymore. 

I have been dealing with bad acne since around 2017 now and I feel as though I™ve tried everything. 

I have tried countless different topical skin treatments, including prescription creams.

I have tried every skincare regime and all the other tips like changing my pillow case everyday.

I have been to many naturopaths who have told me I have hormonal imbalances and given me different supplements and herbs that I have taken to absolutely no effect. 

I have tried a skin therapist who did extractions, chemical peels and light therapy treatments on my skin that just made the acne spread further around my face.

I have been to a functional doctor who has told me I have gut issues and gave me metagenic drinks that made me feel bloated and sick and didn™t change my skin. 

I have recently just started on birth control which is slowly working but I know it™s just masking the issues on the inside and I would really love to tackle the root cause of my acne but every time I have tried to treat it naturally nothing happens. 

I™m just really asking for advice on what my next step is? I know I have gut problems and hormonal imbalances that are most likely causing my acne issues but I have no idea how to solve them. 

My friend wants to go camping for her birthday soon but I can™t with my skin in this state. Please help I just need some kind of advice :(

Sorry if this is all over the place.

B1995990-D5BE-43E3-A861-BC029F2C8778.jpeg

7006B5C7-3E3E-42C3-8A80-BC092B8A7258.jpeg

487DB83A-351E-470A-8167-E25A66C2E205.jpeg

5888D75B-3AFC-4433-8793-BAC1473A7E5E.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/10/2019 9:48 pm

You might have fungal acne, not ordinary acne, which is why the treatments are not working.

Do you have one or more of the following - a white tongue, dandruff, seborhheic dermatitis, toenial fungus, sinus or gut problems, unexplained tiredness or headaches, red rashes, itchy skin ?

Have you take antibiotics or other meds ? If so which ones ?

If you get back to me, I can probably help you.

Fungal acne can be controlled with topical antifungal creams, which are totally safe.

MemberMember
(@curious86)

Posted : 06/13/2019 11:39 am

I dont know about fungal infections, but your best bet isprobably to go see a dermatologist and ask about Accutane.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/13/2019 7:31 pm

Emday

Dermatologists know NOTHING about fungal acne.

Do NOT go to a dermatologist, and certainly do NOT take accutane until you have tried the treatments to control fungal acne.

Accutane is VERY dangerous and it can make fungal acne WORSE.

But - Applying antifungal cream to control fungal acne is totally safe.

Get back to me Emday with answers to my questions above, and I can provide information that will very likely solve your problem, without any side effects and costing only a few dollars.