Notifications
Clear all

Subcision while on Accutane

MemberMember
(@jck17)

Posted : 06/07/2019 3:53 am

Hi!

Has anyone had scar correction treatments while on Accutane?

I know that new studies show you could treat scarring while on Accutane and I wonder if anyone here has hadsubcisionspecifically while on treatment.

I decided to go on Accutane and I am 20daysinto my treatment at 20mg and probably going up to 40mg in month 2.

So, to sum up, would it be OK to do subcision while taking 20mg/40mg of Accutane- based on new studies?

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/07/2019 10:03 am

@Jck17This is a complicated thing to answer. 99% of Dr's (the top acne scar Dr's would) will not treat you while your on Accutane. Why - liability. Your skin is in terrible condition when you treat with this. 20mg is low dose but if your ramping up that can be a bit stronger. You can stop at any time. IF you did subcision and filler stop 2 weeks before treatment, you can always spot treat your acne as needed. Start again a week after treatment.

The only treatment you can do in my experience is subcision and filler, must be with a cannula, ...everything else will cause damage.

Studies are theoretical of course and it depends on the patient. If you have complications it will be because of Accutane' usage.

MemberMember
(@jck17)

Posted : 06/07/2019 10:17 am

12 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@Jck17This is a complicated thing to answer. 99% of Dr's (the top acne scar Dr's would) will not treat you while your on Accutane. Why - liability. Your skin is in terrible condition when you treat with this. 20mg is low dose but if your ramping up that can be a bit stronger. You can stop at any time. IF you did subcision and filler stop 2 weeks before treatment, you can always spot treat your acne as needed. Start again a week after treatment.

The only treatment you can do in my experience is subcision and filler, must be with a cannula, ...everything else will cause damage.

Studies are theoretical of course and it depends on the patient. If you have complications it will be because of Accutane' usage.

Hi BA!

Thank you so much for your prompt response- as always.

OK,I guess I will just wait and do it after my Accutane course.

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 06/08/2019 3:46 am

and on 10 mg and 5 mg can anyone do light peels like glycolic ?

and at 5 mg or 10mg the skin healing capability affected as in case of normal doses(slow healing and scar prone skin)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/08/2019 10:19 am

@Anish004First of all were sidetracking this person's thread. But what I was going to say is I need to put this ...

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

In India you can get Accutane over the counter and this can be quiet dangerous if your experimenting with doing all sorts of things that can cause you harm. Accutane is a serious drug and should be monitored by a practitioner. Doing any sort of treatment can be harmful while on it. It's up to you if you wish to try Glycolic peels, you must stop the Accutane for 2 weeks, peel and then start a week after you healed from it. Otherwise you can induce side effects including permanent scars. I don't know the strength of your peel but even in low dose Accutane your not supposed to use BHA or AHA. You do what you feel is best. The skin is delicate and as such must be treated sensitively while on tane. That is my warning, if you wish to experiment go for it. I advise no peels and no laser while on tane.