Notifications
Clear all

Micro-needling in between acne scar treatments

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 06/01/2019 9:29 pm

I had my acne scar package treatment (PRP+Dermapen+Subcision+TCA)with Chu 11 days ago and my next treatment is in 3 months as I have been told that the gap between each TCA and Subcision sessions must be 3 months. I wonder is it ok to have micro-needling treatment which is donewith Vitamic C in between my acne scar treatments? My next acne scar treatment is in 3 months so ifafter a month I get micro-needling done with vitamin C and have my treatment after a moth and a half then? Is that fine? Or it will be harmful for my acne scars?

I just want to do something in between my treatments so I thought micro-needling done with vitamin C will be effective. Is that ok or I should avoid it and dont do it in between my treatments?

I have one more question. Is Treclin gel a vitamin A cream? I was given this for my mild acne and that I should use it in all effected area of acne all over my face so I was wondering is it a Retin-A? And is it ok if I use it right after I had my acne scar treatment? Or a day after or few days after I should use it?

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 06/02/2019 5:07 am

Yes treclin contains clindamycin (antibiotic) and tretinoin (retinoid) in low concentration. You can microneedle at home, but wait a few days before applying your creams. It is essentially a wound on your skin and you do not want something entering the skin that is not normally found there

Reiha liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/02/2019 12:00 pm

@ReihaYes you can microneedle once a month between your next Dr's treatment. Treclin is fine.

Do not put vitamin C serums or anything else until at least 24-hrs post needling so the skin is closed up.

Reiha liked
MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 06/03/2019 5:05 pm

Thank you @beautifulambitionNo I dont use vitamin C serum at all, but I heard in clinics that do micro-needling, they use some vitamin C serumswith micro-needling in the clinic, they use serum like Hyaluronic acid serum as well, is this ok for me to undergo such aProcedure between my treatments? This kind of serums to be done together with micro-needling is ok for me?Id appreciate your response.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/04/2019 10:16 am

@ReihaLook into doing PRP, that is probably the only thing one should do with a practitioner and microneedling, it would be even better for you to do PRP and rf needling. I know you do not like Anil but for instance he does RF needling and PRP and works with Chu. There are other practitioners in the UK who also do this. I think RF needling would be more effective for you with prp. IF they are putting it on and are certified Dr's sure it can be ok as they have formulated products that can be injected. Otherwise you can get complications putting on products while the channels from needling are open.

Reiha liked
MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 06/04/2019 10:39 am

Thank you @beautifulambitionI dont know much so I thought RF needing will be a strong procedure between my treatments with Chu and thats why I didnt think of it; but ifRF needling with PRP isok to do between treatments, I better do RF needling because it gives more results than micro-needling alone.. so Ill probably do it with Anil, I have done Chus package treatment and in 3 months Ill do his package treatment again, in between Ill do RF needling with Anil. Does that sound right?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/04/2019 11:12 am

@ReihaGive proper time to heal, 2-3 months between treatments. So :package Chu then wait, then rf needing, then wait, then repeat as needed. Or do everything with Anil who does the same things plus filler / rf needling / cannula subcision unlike Chu 😉

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 06/04/2019 12:39 pm

@beautifulambition Oh ok this means I have to do RF micro-needling after 2-3 moths of my treatments with Chu.. yes I may continue with Anil or Emil in Denmark,but after Chu did a subcision on my cheek, theres a concavity on my cheek now after he did Subcision so I want him to correctit.. I dont know if he can correct it or not. After my first acne scar treatment, there was left a concavity on my cheek. In my second treatment, Chutried to correct it but I think it hasnt changed but Im not healed fully yet so I dont know and I have to give sometime as it was done on May 21.. I wanttohave my third treatment with Chu too so he can correct it, after that Ill go to Emil or Anil.

MemberMember
(@jazzypunctuation)

Posted : 06/13/2019 8:19 am

I have my subcission, rf needling, prp and tca cross with Dr Anil next week. I am also wondering whether I can do a microneedling session a few weeks after. Not rf needling, but a derma pen one.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 06/13/2019 8:22 am

@JazzyPunctuationPlease let me know about your results then.. permanent results are seen usually after week 3.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/13/2019 1:06 pm

@JazzyPunctuationYou can needle 20 days after your procedure with Anil at home, do it monthly with peels - alternating in between Dr's treatments every 3 months.

MemberMember
(@ab206)

Posted : 08/07/2020 11:21 am

On 6/13/2019 at 7:06 PM, beautifulambition said:

@JazzyPunctuationYou can needle 20 days after your procedure with Anil at home, do it monthly with peels - alternating in between Dr's treatments every 3 months.

Hey beautifulAmbition I'm due to have TCA cross with Dr Anil. Most sites say the next session can be done after 4 weeks. Dr Anil's FB states 6 weeks interval and I've seen you state wait 3 months. So after my first TCA cross can I re do 2nd session in 4 weeks or wait 3 months?