Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TF-

SEVERE Acne Scars , Fat loss AND Depressions : Treatments ??

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@TF- I have to be very direct. Perhaps there is a difference in communication between wherever your located internationally. 

It is not my job to fix your scars, ... your paying your Dr thousands for this, this is what they need to do for you. Please discuss these concerns with them. 

We do not make your scars disappear, they will always be there. We soften and improve them. 

80-90% is a unrealistic expectation, ... most only get 50% improvement after many treatments. You will never have glass smooth skin, this is not realistic. If your depressed and you state you have low self esteem, it would be best if you saw a therapist, ... scars are internal and external, ... there is a app called Talkspace for therapy on your smartphone.

I see no major fat loss, no atrophy, ... you have surface textural scars. The temples above look like they need subcision and filler. For TEXTURE - you will need rf needling and laser done or a Chemical peel to resurface the scars. Icepicks and smaller box cars need tca cross. Discuss this with your provider. 

I can't give better advice without a better picture of the scars creating shadows. Use a flashlight or directional light. 

Your skin is better than most of the severe scar cases I help daily, as such it's superficial scarring. 

These are pictures with angled lighting..

Can show these scars more closely , the scars are shallow mostly but loss of volume is what i see all the time..

My jawline is quite huge so , loss of volume in temple and cheekbones really is showing so planning on restoring back as much as incan 

Not textural but bumpy skin caused by irregularity of fat loss that is not balanced..

1. What do u think?

and what is the optimal treatments that suit me best ?

is filler enough of fat transfer ??

 

2. I had ablative laser resurfacing on my scarred skin , after 1 month + , why does my cheek area and some others feel like sand and flaky texture ? is it mean its regenerating or it is a result or cause of too aggresive ? 

 

Thanks

F2B269D3-7326-445D-B8C8-285CED197BDE.jpeg

71166F3A-C8D1-4B17-8780-AD4BDA26E291.jpeg

490FA7AA-C1C8-43D1-9A5C-2E6808FFEC26.jpeg

E3EA7B27-F974-40D2-9852-1F2476BF4EA9.jpeg

77FFABE6-DB86-42DF-BDFB-6D7AB285BEAF.jpeg

Edited by TF-
More question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TF- You have light textural scarring, some box cars and rolling scars. 

The first thing I notice is you have not had enough subcision 3-8 sessions are needed with filler. 

Secondly why would you do a fully ablative procedure before treating your scars, ... do you frost a cake before you bake it. Texture is always treated lastly. I can tell by your Dr's work two things: I don't understand the abaltive work - it was not aggressive and should have been done lastly, secondly they did not address your individual scars first. 

Your temples need subcision and filler, this is why there are lots of box cars, ... rf needling and co2.

Subcision!!!!! > RF NEedling > CO2 laser > fully ablative laser that is actually done correctly not whatever your Dr did which is more of a tiny peel. Look at F93d's post, find it. I coached him to get his success, he used a acid peel instead of laser lastly. 

The forhead is a terrible place to treat, it heals poorly and I get this all the time. You can do botox, saline injections or prp, some normal needle subcision, ... if they are very very experienced a filler but this is a dangerous area. RF needling and co2 can help a bit.

This ia a marathon, not a race, they won't fix you quickly. You need to heal well and have a skilled Dr.

I would consult with a few other providers to make sure your getting the best care. Normal derms will use terrible settings - techniques.  

" My jawline is quite huge so , loss of volume in temple and cheekbones really is showing so planning on restoring back as much as incan " - goto a plastic surgeon for this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@TF- You have light textural scarring, some box cars and rolling scars. 

The first thing I notice is you have not had enough subcision 3-8 sessions are needed with filler. 

Secondly why would you do a fully ablative procedure before treating your scars, ... do you frost a cake before you bake it. Texture is always treated lastly. I can tell by your Dr's work two things: I don't understand the abaltive work - it was not aggressive and should have been done lastly, secondly they did not address your individual scars first. 

Your temples need subcision and filler, this is why there are lots of box cars, ... rf needling and co2.

Subcision!!!!! > RF NEedling > CO2 laser > fully ablative laser that is actually done correctly not whatever your Dr did which is more of a tiny peel. Look at F93d's post, find it. I coached him to get his success, he used a acid peel instead of laser lastly. 

The forhead is a terrible place to treat, it heals poorly and I get this all the time. You can do botox, saline injections or prp, some normal needle subcision, ... if they are very very experienced a filler but this is a dangerous area. RF needling and co2 can help a bit.

This ia a marathon, not a race, they won't fix you quickly. You need to heal well and have a skilled Dr.

I would consult with a few other providers to make sure your getting the best care. Normal derms will use terrible settings - techniques.  

" My jawline is quite huge so , loss of volume in temple and cheekbones really is showing so planning on restoring back as much as incan " - goto a plastic surgeon for this. 

 

Yes

i will do subcisions with fillers asap but do i need fat transfer as well? can give a huge boost in volume or go for fillers a few times instead ?

 

And what should i target more : which area ? i kind of feel whole face depressed in some way

 

and my dr here dont have tca cross so what should i do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TF- I don't see where you need fat transfer, that is up to you and your provider to decide. Fat it outdated for acne scar treatment. Sculptra is better (and more controllable). But if they specialize in fat you can do that if you wish. Sculptra/Radiesse/Or Micro Fat.

Target the areas that bug you, ... temples need work. This is why you goto a specialist not a general derm, that isn't good with treatment.

TCA Cross - No idea what you want to decide (Again this is a Dr who does not know hot to treat scars) discuss perhaps excision or scar revision if you trust them to do surgery (plastic Surgeon). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 6:15 AM, beautifulambition said:

@TF- I don't see where you need fat transfer, that is up to you and your provider to decide. Fat it outdated for acne scar treatment. Sculptra is better (and more controllable). But if they specialize in fat you can do that if you wish. Sculptra/Radiesse/Or Micro Fat.

Target the areas that bug you, ... temples need work. This is why you goto a specialist not a general derm, that isn't good with treatment.

TCA Cross - No idea what you want to decide (Again this is a Dr who does not know hot to treat scars) discuss perhaps excision or scar revision if you trust them to do surgery (plastic Surgeon). 

 

 

Yes

i would like to focus on the rolling and boxscars first..

I did subcisions before and the downtime is 2-3 weeks of bruising

 

Is there any alternative ? maybe infini or rf microneedle which can be solved within few days..

 

cant have brusing face for weeks :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TF- No there is no, ... no shortcuts. If you don't like bruises don't treat ;-) Some use concealer or a tinted moisturizer. Otherwise Dr's will give you ineffective treatments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 6:11 AM, beautifulambition said:

@TF- No there is no, ... no shortcuts. If you don't like bruises don't treat ;-) Some use concealer or a tinted moisturizer. Otherwise Dr's will give you ineffective treatments. 

Do u have any recommendations of makeup for men ?

not too thick but can blend the bruises

What brand and how to suit the colour of skin?

 

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 6:11 AM, beautifulambition said:

@TF- No there is no, ... no shortcuts. If you don't like bruises don't treat ;-) Some use concealer or a tinted moisturizer. Otherwise Dr's will give you ineffective treatments. 

Yes im doing subcisions at the moment focusing on the temples..

 

Im giving 2-3 months between each treatments

Can i add fillers every month without subcision ad well ? to boost facial volume as well as stimulate collagen or it is better to pair with subs everytime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TF- said:

Yes im doing subcisions at the moment focusing on the temples..

 

Im giving 2-3 months between each treatments

Can i add fillers every month without subcision ad well ? to boost facial volume as well as stimulate collagen or it is better to pair with subs everytime?

I have the same question, can i add filler without subcision every month to maintain the result and do subcision every six months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I contacted TF by PM, but NO we do not do filler every month. That is silly. Filler is expensive. It can last from 6 months to 2 years depending on the type. Why would one fill every month. Sounds like you want to do filler for aesthetic purposes NOT for the benefit for scar treatments. If so see any aesetic clinic for filler, anyone doing filler of you monthly is taking advantage of you $$$$. Perhaps I am not understanding your definition of filler, ... a HA serum, skin booster, what is it (hundreds of fillers in different countries)?  Filler is a tool post subcision.

We are using this as a spacer post subcision NOT for cosmetic purposes. IF you want to look like a Hollywood star be my guest and see any Dr who does "enhancements." That is a personal preference like hair styles. 

**Friendly reminder I now do the majority of my correspondence through PM, helping hundreds a day, contact me by PM if you wish. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 6:11 AM, beautifulambition said:

@TF- No there is no, ... no shortcuts. If you don't like bruises don't treat ;-) Some use concealer or a tinted moisturizer. Otherwise Dr's will give you ineffective treatments. 

Just done my 4th subcision in 9 months : with microneedling and lasers in between

This time its : subcision + fillers + microneedling?

 

So would u recommend facial chinese cupping after subs ??

can it affect the fillers or microneedling as dr have alr injected fillers all over my atrophic scars ?

 

And is it just a myth or it can help with not retethering ?

Edited by TF-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AI3forever said:

Yours looks like moderate. 

Mine is pretty similar scarring type but worse.

what treatment do u use ??

 

and how long do u think our scars will get significant improvement?

im om my 4th and 5th subcisions but still got a way to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TF- said:

what treatment do u use ??

 

and how long do u think our scars will get significant improvement?

im om my 4th and 5th subcisions but still got a way to go

I used to do some lasers/fillers. Also did TCA Cross and Dermaroller.

Currently I'm just popping NAD+ pills. Which I believe can make the skin smoother.

I think my scars did improve abit but obviously still not where I want it to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TF- In my opinion your scars don't look half bad, I was expecting worse from your title and descriptions.

However, you do appear to have a considerable underbite, visible in your side profile photo, with your lower teeth and chin jutting out far beyond your top teeth, unless this photo misrepresents it.. This is what stood out to me from your photos, more so than the scars. If this is an issue, it would be expensive to fix (braces and/or surgery), but would bring real improvements to your appearance, and is easier in many ways to solve than scars. Anyway sorry if that's more than you asked for but we are all here trying to help improve our appearance and felt I should mention it :) 

Edited by kman101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AI3forever said:

I used to do some lasers/fillers. Also did TCA Cross and Dermaroller.

Currently I'm just popping NAD+ pills. Which I believe can make the skin smoother.

I think my scars did improve abit but obviously still not where I want it to be.

whats NAD pills? and what collagen supplement is good for scars ??

Do u think pills can help acne scars ?

 

Btw i had fillers before then lasers and ipL

i think lasers n iPL can disolve fillers and cause fat loss : results depends on each person

for me lasers heats up my fat on face

Edited by TF-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kman101 said:

@TF- In my opinion your scars don't look half bad, I was expecting worse from your title and descriptions.

However, you do appear to have a considerable underbite, visible in your side profile photo, with your lower teeth and chin jutting out far beyond your top teeth, unless this photo misrepresents it.. This is what stood out to me from your photos, more so than the scars. If this is an issue, it would be expensive to fix (braces and/or surgery), but would bring real improvements to your appearance, and is easier in many ways to solve than scars. Anyway sorry if that's more than you asked for but we are all here trying to help improve our appearance and felt I should mention it :) 

Just done bruising from subcision

My main concern in atrophy : cheeks and temples

 

Do you think my temples are atrophic and concave ? Do i need more fillers as well and how many more times?

 

Would like some suggestions on that , Thank you

C091E965-7CDB-4962-BBFC-BBC1E6854839.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 11:27 PM, kman101 said:

@TF- In my opinion your scars don't look half bad, I was expecting worse from your title and descriptions.

However, you do appear to have a considerable underbite, visible in your side profile photo, with your lower teeth and chin jutting out far beyond your top teeth, unless this photo misrepresents it.. This is what stood out to me from your photos, more so than the scars. If this is an issue, it would be expensive to fix (braces and/or surgery), but would bring real improvements to your appearance, and is easier in many ways to solve than scars. Anyway sorry if that's more than you asked for but we are all here trying to help improve our appearance and felt I should mention it :) 

That's not so nice of you taking into account the context in which this question is being asked. I don't think this is the place to point out that sort of things.

From the title, you can already tell he's struggling with anxiety due to scarring so probably not the nicest/best thing to point out. I think he came to this forum solely to ask advice regarding scarring, not other stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many subcisions could you possibly need? Don't you need filler to correct volume loss? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joeysk said:

How many subcisions could you possibly need? Don't you need filler to correct volume loss? 

i had 4 in totals

yes , i also add fillers , result is good for cheeks now

need more for temples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 8:37 PM, Jck17 said:

That's not so nice of you taking into account the context in which this question is being asked. I don't think this is the place to point out that sort of things.

From the title, you can already tell he's struggling with anxiety due to scarring so probably not the nicest/best thing to point out. I think he came to this forum solely to ask advice regarding scarring, not other stuff. 

I accept I was taking a risk with these comments and I was going to refrain from making them. However when I see someone so determined to improve their appearance and going through aggressive efforts to do so, I decided to take that risk. I was equally reassuring that I don't believe the acne scars are as severe as he perceives, and perhaps an underlying lack of confidence is exasperating his perception of them, and that lack of confidence could have another source.

So as much as I risk offending, my objective is only to help & I might just manage to, and that's a risk I like people to take with me & I hence return it sometimes. Plus bite problems are equally a health issue and not just aesthetic - so I'm not simply about going around pointing out everyone's aesthetic shortcomings, that's not my intention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kman101 said:

I accept I was taking a risk with these comments and I was going to refrain from making them. However when I see someone so determined to improve their appearance and going through aggressive efforts to do so, I decided to take that risk. I was equally reassuring that I don't believe the acne scars are as severe as he perceives, and perhaps an underlying lack of confidence is exasperating his perception of them, and that lack of confidence could have another source.

So as much as I risk offending, my objective is only to help & I might just manage to, and that's a risk I like people to take with me & I hence return it sometimes. Plus bite problems are equally a health issue and not just aesthetic - so I'm not simply about going around pointing out everyone's aesthetic shortcomings, that's not my intention. 

Yes , i appreciate the help

but scar - wise , do u think my temples are tethered or they look normal ?

After having these scar treatments improved , im always looking for more to improve

its just a syndrome i guess to perfection

15 hours ago, joeysk said:

How many subcisions could you possibly need? Don't you need filler to correct volume loss? 

 Having this yellow patches around my bruises

is this normal or the area around it is also improving ??

F7558943-758D-456D-BA84-4D86064B2FAE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your scarring looks great to be honest, I would try to do something else (infini? laser?) other than subscision because it looks like you got the most out of what you can from it.  Some maintenance fillers ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joeysk said:

Your scarring looks great to be honest, I would try to do something else (infini? laser?) other than subscision because it looks like you got the most out of what you can from it.  Some maintenance fillers ? 

8 Jan - Microdermabrasion

 

16 Jan - Injection keloid (right)

Injection Left

 

23 Jan - subcision and microneedling

 

9 Mar - co2 fractional

 

29 Mar - subcision , microneedle , filler

 

17 May - subcision , microneedle , filler

 

9 July - Ablative laser

 

2 August - injection keloid Left

 

12 Aug - Injection left

 

23 Aug - Photofacial

 

6 sept - Microneedling

 

4 oct - subcision , microneedle , filler

 

 

This is my procedures from early year 2019

i am ending this year with a 50-80% hopefully improvement

so next year im almost clear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 3:57 AM, beautifulambition said:

@TF- You have light textural scarring, some box cars and rolling scars. 

The first thing I notice is you have not had enough subcision 3-8 sessions are needed with filler. 

Secondly why would you do a fully ablative procedure before treating your scars, ... do you frost a cake before you bake it. Texture is always treated lastly. I can tell by your Dr's work two things: I don't understand the abaltive work - it was not aggressive and should have been done lastly, secondly they did not address your individual scars first. 

Your temples need subcision and filler, this is why there are lots of box cars, ... rf needling and co2.

Subcision!!!!! > RF NEedling > CO2 laser > fully ablative laser that is actually done correctly not whatever your Dr did which is more of a tiny peel. Look at F93d's post, find it. I coached him to get his success, he used a acid peel instead of laser lastly. 

The forhead is a terrible place to treat, it heals poorly and I get this all the time. You can do botox, saline injections or prp, some normal needle subcision, ... if they are very very experienced a filler but this is a dangerous area. RF needling and co2 can help a bit.

This ia a marathon, not a race, they won't fix you quickly. You need to heal well and have a skilled Dr.

I would consult with a few other providers to make sure your getting the best care. Normal derms will use terrible settings - techniques.  

" My jawline is quite huge so , loss of volume in temple and cheekbones really is showing so planning on restoring back as much as incan " - goto a plastic surgeon for this. 

 

In between subcision and microneedling treatments , is it okay to have ipL’s to reduce skin tone and redness ??

or does it affect skin healing?

 

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×