Notifications
Clear all

Slurp Niacid and other similar product thread

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 05/14/2019 3:36 pm

Anybody have any updates on Niacid?

I've written a comment on their facebook page asking why they haven't released more before/after videos or pics that show how Niacid helps to raise indentationsand that the ones posted by the users are unreliable because clearly taken with a different angle, lighting, zoom ecc and that also all the before/after pics taken by users (despite being unreliable)only show improvement in clearing out hyperpigmentation and improving skin texture and not raise the atrophic scars/indentations.

Guess what? The comment was deleted as fast as a lighting bolt despite being very polite and only asking for more proofs.

Since they deleted mine so fast, I'm now pretty sure they also deleted the ones of people posting negative feedbacks about their product.

They sound sketchy to me, beware before buying for the specific purpose of raising the atrophic scars.

And even if you buy for hyperpigmentation, there are better and cheaper products out there (just buy normal niacinamide at a fraction of the price asked by Slurp).

MemberMember
(@mybeautifulscars)

Posted : 05/14/2019 5:13 pm

1 hour ago, SimpleMutton said:

I've written a comment on their facebook page asking why they haven't released more before/after videos or pics that show how Niacid helps to raise indentationsand that the ones posted by the users are unreliable because clearly taken with a different angle, lighting, zoom ecc and that also all the before/after pics taken by users (despite being unreliable)only show improvement in clearing out hyperpigmentation and improving skin texture and not raise the atrophic scars/indentations.

Guess what? The comment was deleted as fast as a lighting bolt despite being very polite and only asking for more proofs.

Since they deleted mine so fast, I'm now pretty sure they also deleted the ones of people posting negative feedbacks about their product.

They sound sketchy to me, beware before buying for the specific purpose of raising the atrophic scars.

And even if you buy for hyperpigmentation, there are better and cheaper products out there (just buy normal niacinamide at a fraction of the price asked by Slurp).

We all kinda figured out these guys are not legit.

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/15/2019 1:47 am

8 hours ago, MyBeautifulScars said:

We all kinda figured out these guys are not legit.

Aah i have ordered it man ! 2 bottles , i know it's scam but still. Actually I have asked some commenters there on Facebook post through personal message some indian , pakistani , Korean , chinese and every one was saying they seen mild improvement like 20-30% in their scaring , those people looked legit , as I gone through their profile. I know this all can be made up also , but I don't know, i ordered it. I have seen some critical comments there but they still replied them , in one them they said they only using facebook marketing and nothing else , all i can do is hope.

10 hours ago, SimpleMutton said:

Like that comment shows in your activity log ?? Because sometimes comments can get lost in feed . I will also try this experiment , and update LOL.

MemberMember
(@nikki_gargin)

Posted : 05/15/2019 8:24 pm

On 5/14/2019 at 9:36 PM, SimpleMutton said:

yeh I ordered it. received it 5 days ago now? seems to be working on the redness post pimple and that's the truth! some pimples look 3weeks healed vs the 4 days healed they are (post scab falling off).at this point it could be in my head but if in two weeks my red marks have gone I will report back.

also side note - I'm testing it on my surgical scar as well, thought might as well. so far only a moisturising effect. I only bought niacid for post inflammation redness for my pimples anyways which is what it says it works for.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 05/16/2019 4:43 am

Their biggest claim isn't to clear hyperpigmentation (the redness), it's to raise the indentations. That's what they hyped the product for

I'm not doubting that it can clear the redness because the product has niacinamide which has been been proven to be active against redness. But there are many products out there who also has niacinamide (even much higher concentrations) that cost a fraction of the price. For example The Ordinary Niacinamide cost just 5 and is much stronger than Niacid and has been there for a long time.

They showed a video in which Niacid raised the atrophic scars (ie indentations) of a guy and almost everybody bought the product specifically for that purpose. If that is a false (or exaggerated) claim they are a scam company and should be reported.

Reading the list of ingredients I can't see how Niacid can raise indentations....the product doesn't contain any ingredient that can potentially do it....and topicals usually are useless for atrophic scars.

Sibel liked
MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/21/2019 2:33 am

On 5/15/2019 at 2:06 AM, SimpleMutton said:

Hey I asked them some tough comments and they seem to be answering them , they didn't deleted my comments either. Basically i asked them straight that if that video is edited or makeup is used ? They said no. I asked why not more case studies ? They said they will add in Future .Comment is still there. I can send screen shots if anyone want that. Also I want to add that I had asked few more people who used Niacid ( i found them in comment section ) and everyone was agreeing about some improvement in scars in range of 10-50% . My order has been shipped so let's see.

MemberMember
(@nikki_gargin)

Posted : 05/21/2019 5:22 am

2 hours ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

Hey I asked them some tough comments and they seem to be answering them , they didn't deleted my comments either. Basically i asked them straight that if that video is edited or makeup is used ? They said no. I asked why not more case studies ? They said they will add in Future .Comment is still there. I can send screen shots if anyone want that. Also I want to add that I had asked few more people who used Niacid ( i found them in comment section ) and everyone was agreeing about some improvement in scars in range of 10-50% . My order has been shipped so let's see.

I'm on week 2 now of using and I think it helps spots to heal bit faster. the small ones anyways. redness hasn't improved much more than it initially did. good for for your use.

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/21/2019 7:21 am

1 hour ago, nikki_gargin said:

I'm on week 2 now of using and I think it helps spots to heal bit faster. the small ones anyways. redness hasn't improved much more than it initially did. good for for your use.

But the question is does it do anything for old acne scarring ?? Also can you tell which is your country ?? If you don't mind?

MemberMember
(@nikki_gargin)

Posted : 05/21/2019 12:24 pm

5 hours ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

But the question is does it do anything for old acne scarring ?? Also can you tell which is your country ?? If you don't mind?

Im in the UK. I don't have proper acne scarring so I don't know. just redness after pimples.

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 05/21/2019 12:34 pm

9 minutes ago, nikki_gargin said:

Im in the UK. I don't have proper acne scarring so I don't know. just redness after pimples.

sorry but when u dont have significant scarring than why u are on this forum ???

do u have any other type of scarring ???

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/21/2019 1:53 pm

1 hour ago, Anish004 said:

sorry but when u dont have significant scarring than why u are on this forum ???

do u have any other type of scarring ???

I was about to ask that , even this is like legend forum of acne scarring - the scarless healing .

MemberMember
(@cherryblue)

Posted : 05/24/2019 11:52 pm

On 5/21/2019 at 3:33 PM, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

Interesting. Yes, I hope to see.more examples of Niacid working on indented scars, like in the video. Could you send me the screenshots you mentioned? Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/25/2019 1:42 am

1 hour ago, cherryblue said:

Interesting. Yes, I hope to see.more examples of Niacid working on indented scars, like in the video. Could you send me the screenshots you mentioned? Thank you!!

I will be sending screenshots of my comments to you , please keep it as private. Btw i literally chatted with 10 people , and they were happy with results with 10-50% improvement in pigmentation and scarring . One thing to notice in video was they went upto application of 28 ml , starting from 4 ml. They are not putting much high end efforts in marketing except facebook marketing and most of the reviews are in facebook comments . I will start a separate thread once I start using it , hopefully things won't get worst , i had a very very bad experience with tretinoin

MemberMember
(@cherryblue)

Posted : 05/25/2019 3:53 am

Thank you. Yes i'll keep it private, no problem, you can PM me.

The video result is promising, with the specimen using around half of the bottle with significant improvement. Getting to see and read about the effects increased my hope that this product indeed works.

This seems to be the first product that claims to help with indented scars. I mean there is adapalene, which some say can help, but i think it requires prescription to buy.

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 05/25/2019 5:10 am

1 hour ago, cherryblue said:

Thank you. Yes i'll keep it private, no problem, you can PM me.

The video result is promising, with the specimen using around half of the bottle with significant improvement. Getting to see and read about the effects increased my hope that this product indeed works.

This seems to be the first product that claims to help with indented scars. I mean there is adapalene, which some say can help, but i think it requires prescription to buy.

i dont understand how niacin will work on indented scars ????

niacinamide ??only decrease melaning pigment

tranexamic acid ?? reduces inflammation

and which video you are talking about share the link here please

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/25/2019 6:52 am

1 hour ago, Anish004 said:

transdermal delivery of snail mucin extract using low molecular weight hyaluronic acid. This is from another company

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/25/2019 9:12 am

3 hours ago, Anish004 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1228371800649861&id=274381846725842&anchor_composer=false

Here you go Anish. It seems you are really knowledgeable. You can study slurp website and facebook and tell us more . Basically it is snail slime they are claiming to cure scar.i know there are so many cream in market , but reviews on Facebook looks very genuine and promising , didn't used product personally but have ordered. Also they are saying video is authentic . May be we can create another thread ??

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/25/2019 10:02 am

3 hours ago, Binga said:

transdermal delivery of snail mucin extract using low molecular weight hyaluronic acid. This is from another company

Dude picture looks promising , but the product is almost 200 dollers

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 05/25/2019 11:39 am

1 hour ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

which picture looks promising ??

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/25/2019 2:36 pm

2 hours ago, Anish004 said:

which picture looks promising ??

Sorry I want to say image in the link above

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/25/2019 2:58 pm

4 hours ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

It's not for scars..more like anti aging

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 05/25/2019 3:45 pm

It is nothing in the Niacin composition what could help atrophic scars.

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/26/2019 12:08 am

8 hours ago, Sibel said:

It is nothing in the Niacin composition what could help atrophic scars.

Well I am skeptical myself . But whatever mechanism they claim is available here with some reviews:

https://slurp.co.kr/products/niacid

and actually product name is niacid , it contains more than niacinamide .

MemberMember
(@mybeautifulscars)

Posted : 05/26/2019 3:31 pm

15 hours ago, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

Well I am skeptical myself . But whatever mechanism they claim is available here with some reviews:

https://slurp.co.kr/products/niacid

and actually product name is niacid , it contains more than niacinamide .

I honestly don't believe it does anything for atrophic scars apart from improving swelling and redness. This helps alot because hyperpigmentation can take years to fade. Anyways, I saw a pic of some girl and those deep holes are always there. I saw no improvement with the before and after pics. Its great for hyperpigmentation but for those indentations, good luck.

Anyways, there are 2 other RNA based drugs in development that I have not talked about: STP075 and RXi-109. There are in direct competition with OLX101. These are topicals currently in clinical trials which are said to level hypertrophic scars with surrounding skin. They breakdown all these fibroblasts on a molecular level. The makers behind FS2 claim the same thing but their product contains kynurenine.

MemberMember
(@hopfullady)

Posted : 05/26/2019 4:14 pm

I also think that the posts on slurp niacid seem interesting to a lot of people. Maybe you guys can start a new thread on it.