Epiduo

MemberMember
(@stef18)

Posted : 05/23/2019 8:11 am

Hi guys!

I™m currently using epiduo. I have to say that I™m not following the exact regimen my dermatologist prescribed. She prescribed epiduo forte and an oral antibiotic (which I never started using cause i™m not a fan of those things. Plus I read that once you stop taking them acne returns). I just bought epiduo 0.1 along with the cleanser and cream she prescribed (Uriage Hyseac cleansing gel + Uriage hyseac cream R).

So the first week my active acne cleared up pretty fast and even my scars cleared up pretty fast. I started experiencing dryness as normal epiduo users do. Right after week 2 kicked in i started what I think it™s the purge but I™m now starting today week 8 but daily breakouts never stopped from coming. I had a kind of good week during week 6.

Is this still purge or do I have built resistance to the product and it™s not working anymore? 

In the last couple weeks I also completely changed my diet to the most healthy way possibile, cutting out gluten and sugars and dairy since 2/3 months.

Also what I get are always pustules/whiteheads look alike acne. Sometimes they get yellowish. I have to say that my acne still looks better than it used to be before. I don™t get huge scars anymore and even the pimples last around 2 days and pops the pus out by themselves. But this constant and never ending almost daily breaking out is so upsetting ....

Should I maybe switch to epiduo forte to see better results or should I keep on going and complete the usual required 3 months to see changes?

B7F4AE87-CFD8-468A-A3DF-1BC059D49BB6.jpeg

1B7C492F-4BA2-4D47-8FCE-0AF28D1C7089.jpeg

27660B8F-AF7A-4B41-8F43-1C936C50DD8E.png

26E6BE6A-D437-4F47-88BA-9EE1481B9E92.png

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/23/2019 9:23 pm

You probably have fungal acne, not ordinary acne. Fungal acne needs to be treated with topical antifungal creams.

People think they are "purging", when, in reality, fungal acne is breaking out.

Have you taken antibiotics in the past ? Are you taking birth control pills ? Do you have dandruff Or a white tongue ? If you get back to me, I can provide information that should control/help control your "acne" problem

MemberMember
(@stef18)

Posted : 05/24/2019 1:47 am

4 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

You probably have fungal acne, not ordinary acne. Fungal acne needs to be treated with topical antifungal creams.

People think they are "purging", when, in reality, fungal acne is breaking out.

Have you taken antibiotics in the past ? Are you taking birth control pills ? Do you have dandruff Or a white tongue ? If you get back to me, I can provide information that should control/help control your "acne" problem

Hey, thanks for replying!

And Ill have to answer no for all the questions you have asked, no antibiotics, no birth control pills, no dandruff nor white tongue.

My dermatologist toldme to check if I have pcos, so I went to the gynaecologist and she prescribed me the pill (which I never started taking)along with a scan to check if I do really have pcos.I still have to do the scan.

Maybe this detail will help you somehow.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/24/2019 2:12 am

Ok. Thanks Stef.

It is worth while applying an antifungal cream to the affected areas (ie to the areas with "acne") because antifungal creams are totally safe, and therefore you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I suggest you stop using the Uriage cream because it will be feeding the fungus, if you do have fungal acne. Fungus loves moisture, and one type of fungus which causes fungal acne feeds on the organic oils in moisturising creams.

Instead, apply cloytrimazole cream (canesten or similar, which is readily available without a prescription) to the affected areas, and see if the "acne" improves after a week or so.

Clotrimazole cream is a broad spectrum antifungal cream and you may need a more targeted antifungal cream for your particular problem. I can provide advice on that after you see if the clotrimazole cream helps your problem. Apply the clotrimazole crea 2-3 times a day to the affected areas.

I am happy to hear back from you.

Three other questions - Have you been in a hot tub ? Have you had an operation in a hospital (eg, appendix out) in the last few years ? Do you have sinus problem ?

MemberMember
(@stef18)

Posted : 06/04/2019 4:06 am

On 5/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, Aussie Scientist said:

Ok. Thanks Stef.

It is worth while applying an antifungal cream to the affected areas (ie to the areas with "acne") because antifungal creams are totally safe, and therefore you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I suggest you stop using the Uriage cream because it will be feeding the fungus, if you do have fungal acne. Fungus loves moisture, and one type of fungus which causes fungal acne feeds on the organic oils in moisturising creams.

Instead, apply cloytrimazole cream (canesten or similar, which is readily available without a prescription) to the affected areas, and see if the "acne" improves after a week or so.

Clotrimazole cream is a broad spectrum antifungal cream and you may need a more targeted antifungal cream for your particular problem. I can provide advice on that after you see if the clotrimazole cream helps your problem. Apply the clotrimazole crea 2-3 times a day to the affected areas.

I am happy to hear back from you.

Three other questions - Have you been in a hot tub ? Have you had an operation in a hospital (eg, appendix out) in the last few years ? Do you have sinus problem ?

I apologise for getting back to you after so long. Ive been traveling these past couple weeks and had poor connection and also didnt have much time to stay on my phone.

Anyway thank you for giving me these infos. Concerning what you asked me: no, Ive never been in a hot tub, no operation in my lifetime and no sinus problem that has ever been diagnosed.

About the fungal cream you told me Ill look if Italian pharmacies have it (I live in Italy).

Thank you so much for giving your time and help, I appreciate it

Just now, stef18 said:

I apologise for getting back to you after so long. Ive been traveling these past couple weeks and had poor connection and also didnt have much time to stay on my phone.

Anyway thank you for giving me these infos. Concerning what you asked me: no, Ive never been in a hot tub, no operation in my lifetime and no sinus problem that has ever been diagnosed.

About the fungal cream you told me Ill look if Italian pharmacies have it (I live in Italy).

Thank you so much for giving your time and help, I appreciate it

Just one thing, is it safe to use with epiduo? or do I need only to use it as a substitute to my moisturiser (the uriage one I mean)

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/04/2019 8:33 pm

Stef

Thanks for your reply.

You can use antifungal cream with epiduo, but I would STOP using the epiduo and start applying the antifungal cream as soon as possible. From what you have said, the epiduo is not now controlling your acne (probably because it is fungal acne, not ordinary acne) and the epiduo will be destroying the natural barrier of your skin. Destroying the natural skin barrier will help the fungus to invade your skin.

The epiduo will thus make the "acne" problem worse over time, not better.

Do NOT use any moisturisers or organic oils on your skin. Fungus LOVES moisture, and one type of fungus that causes fungal acne feeds on the organic oils in moisturisers.

I am happy to hear how things go after you apply the clotrimazole antifungal cream 2-3 times a day for a week or so....