Notifications
Clear all

Antibiotic which fixed major acne and rosacea problems

MemberMember
(@royal73)

Posted : 05/21/2019 12:41 pm

I'm a 45 year old male, who had regular pimples in my teens and early 20's, then no major problems until a few years ago. For the past 2 to 3 years I was getting rosacea on my cheeks really bad. And these cystic pimples which were an absolute nightmare. Large lumps that wouldn't pop, and took two weeks to clear up. And, about 3 on my forehead and 3 or 4 on each temple at a time - so at no point was I ever having a clear complexion.

Any type of facial cleanser, astringent, or moisturizer would just make it worse. Those just irritated my skin and made the redness worse. And I was hesitant to start going to a dermatologist out of fear that I would be in a program of regular treatments. But my skin problem was getting so bad I was avoiding social situations, and people were commenting on my face.

Then completely coincidentally I ended up taking an antibiotic which completely cleared every pimple and any traces of rosacea. I had a tooth abscess and unfortunately needed the tooth removed and an implant put in. But the silver lining to that was the antibiotic my dentist put me on immediately cleared up my skin. It was calledmetronidazole - and it's pretty strong stuff. I was only on a two week prescription. Less than a week after starting it my face cleared up. And now after two months I have no redness and haven't had even one pimple.

I'm not a doctor and I'm not recommending anyone take anything. And I don't work for the drug company or spamming. Just recommending anyone with similar problems ask their dermatologist about it. I know they make it in a facial ointment - but I was just on the pills and was amazed at what it ended up doing. So if you have the same problems and nothing is working, maybe themetronidazole will help. Just putting it out there because I know how frustrating it can be. Hope this helps someone!

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/21/2019 7:28 pm

Metronadizole will cure rosacea because most rosacea is caused by demodex mites, and metronadizole kills demodex mites. Permethrin (scabies cream) and ivremectin (both applied topically) will also kill demodex mites and cure rosacea.