Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sophie69

What makeup do I use to cover my cysts?!

Hi guys,

I am desperately seeking advice: I currently have a two big cysts of the left-hand side of my jaw and I'm really having trouble covering them up: as I've been using using benzoyl peroxide the skin is dry (even though it doesn't seem it before I put on my makeup) and when I DO put on my makeup, I end up with an absolutely disgusting-looking dry patch all over the area where the cysts are. 

What on earth can I do?? I'm currently using Clinique's anti-blemish foundation but I feel like it's just making things worse and I want my skin to breathe. But at the same time I work as a teacher so I need to be able to cover them up...please please help!!

Oh and I've tried putting ice on the cysts and it's honestly not working. I'm taking zinc, magnesium, brewer's yeast and omega 3 fish oil and not a heck of a lot is happening. I know I have a hormonal problem as I had an ovarian tumour a few years back and my body has been out of whack ever since. No matter how clean my diet is, the slightest bit of sugar or oil will make me break out and I just can't take it anymore :(

Please help.

BP dries out the skin so it's hard to apply makeup over it. I would suggest using BP at night instead. In the daytime, look after your skin barrier and make sure it is moisturised and hydrated. A concealer and loose powder could be an alternative to foundation. If you do opt for foundation, how about a tinted moisturiser paired with concealer?