Notifications
Clear all

Face acne/marks from teen - now 20s

MemberMember
(@slowinvention)

Posted : 05/19/2019 4:24 pm

I use to suffer from severe acne and was prescribed a whole lot of stuff, range of pills/cream etc and now I don't get many big spots like before but I've been left with a ton of awful marks all over my face.

Are there any home remedies for the below and if not what skin clinic method would I opt for? I would prefer to try things at home. 

Thanks so much

1. on both sides of the face loads of redish marks/indents and underneath one of the sides there's very dark mark

2. forehead

a1.png

a2.png

a3.png

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/19/2019 9:02 pm

Looks to me like you have some fungal acne, which is causing the red marks. Buy some clotrimazole antifungal cream and apply it to you face. Wash your hair (and face if not too irritating) in antidandruff shampoo (which is antifungal). Do not use moisturiser or organic oils as these feed fungus. Keep your skin dry.

Do you have dandruff ? Do you have a white tongue ? I presume you have taken antibiotics ? (and accutane?)

Antibiotics (and maybe accutane) CAUSE fungal acne, which results in red marks, sometimes black discolouration, bumps, sometimes "full blown" fungal "acne" (although it seems you don't have that), and other skin problems.

If you get back to me with answers to the above questions, I can provide further advice.

MemberMember
(@slowinvention)

Posted : 05/20/2019 11:09 am

14 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Looks to me like you have some fungal acne, which is causing the red marks. Buy some clotrimazole antifungal cream and apply it to you face. Wash your hair (and face if not too irritating) in antidandruff shampoo (which is antifungal). Do not use moisturiser or organic oils as these feed fungus. Keep your skin dry.

Do you have dandruff ? Do you have a white tongue ? I presume you have taken antibiotics ? (and accutane?)

Antibiotics (and maybe accutane) CAUSE fungal acne, which results in red marks, sometimes black discolouration, bumps, sometimes "full blown" fungal "acne" (although it seems you don't have that), and other skin problems.

If you get back to me with answers to the above questions, I can provide further advice.

Thanks for the quick reply

I have some dandruff / dry scalp but nothing serious and do use a good anti-dandruff shampoo. I do have sensitive skin however so might not be a good idea to use that on my face but will try cream you suggest

Haven't take any acne treatmentlike Accutane for several years now, had these red marks for long time. My routine is also simply using a face wash day/night. No cream etc. And now summer so using spf+30 sun cream on face

Also under my nose, there is that dark line (I use to try TCA 20% or something years ago and I think I might have burnt the skin there or its something else - not sure. Any ideas?)

Thanks again

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 05/20/2019 2:40 pm

These don't look bad at all to be honest

MemberMember
(@slowinvention)

Posted : 05/20/2019 3:50 pm

1 hour ago, jPablo said:

These don't look bad at all to be honest

Cheeks quite redand the mark on forehead/side nose looks visible...I guess theiphone photos making it look better than it really is

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/20/2019 7:53 pm

Slow Invention

I STRONGLY suggest you buy some clotrimazle antifungal cream, which is available without a prescription,and/ or terbenafine cream (Lamilsi) and apply that to the afected areas of your skin. Clotrimazole antifungal cream and terbenafine cream are TOTALLY safe and you will soon see results if your problem is caused fungal outbreaks, which I suspect it is.

Applying clotrimazole cream together with terbenafine cream is slightly beter than applying either cream, but terbenafine cream on its own should fix your problem, and clotrimazole cream on its own will probably fix, or mostly fi,x your problem.

Dandruff is caused by malasezzia fungus, and that is what is (most likely) causing your skin problems. Malasezzia causes the type of skin symptoms that you have, as well as dandruff, dry/flaking skin etc.

Keep your skin VERY dry (you can dust it in antifungal powder or in cornflour at night) and do NOT use moisturisers or organic oils on your skin. Malasezzia FEEDS on organic oils and it loves moisture.

I am happy to hear ack from you, but pls apply the clotrimazole cream (and/or terbenafine cream if you can get it out without a prescription) 2-3 times a day, in the meantime.