Notifications
Clear all

Can somebody identify type of acne?

MemberMember
(@dovahkiin)

Posted : 05/19/2019 10:48 am

I'm 16 years old and have these spots for like 2-3 years. I've been searching on the internet about acne scars and spots and tried to identify my type of acne so I can treat it but unsuccessfully. If somebody know what type of acne this is please contact me!

viber_image_2019-05-19_17-42-54.jpg

viber_image_2019-05-19_17-42-49.jpg

viber_image_2019-05-19_17-42-51.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/19/2019 8:31 pm

You probably have fungal acne which is caused by taking antibiotics (and possibly acutane) and some othe meds.

Do you have dandruff ? do you have a white tongue ? If you get back to me wth answrs to these questions, I can help you.

Fungal acne can be treated with topica antifungals which are totaly safe. In the meantime use an anti-dandruff shampoo on your scalp and skin (if not too irritating) (dandruff is caused by fungus) and do NOT use any moisturisers or organic oils on your skin. Fungus LOVES moisture and organic oils feed malasezzia fungus (which I suspect you have).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

dovahkiin liked
MemberMember
(@dovahkiin)

Posted : 05/20/2019 2:30 pm

17 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

You probably have fungal acne which is caused by taking antibiotics (and possibly acutane) and some othe meds.

Do you have dandruff ? do you have a white tongue ? If you get back to me wth answrs to these questions, I can help you.

Fungal acne can be treated with topica antifungals which are totaly safe. In the meantime use an anti-dandruff shampoo on your scalp and skin (if not too irritating) (dandruff is caused by fungus) and do NOT use any moisturisers or organic oils on your skin. Fungus LOVES moisture and organic oils feed malasezzia fungus (which I suspect you have).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks for replying by start, I don't have nor I had dandruff, white tongue and I didn't take Accutane. All in all I'm very healthy person. I wash my face before sleep and moist my face 2 times a day (with moisturizing creme by morning and with aloe vera gel before sleep).

Thanks again for replying :)

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 05/20/2019 2:37 pm

Inflammatory acne, papules by the looks of things.

You also have some PIE. Antibiotics or Accutane could be worth a try.

dovahkiin liked
MemberMember
(@dovahkiin)

Posted : 05/20/2019 5:25 pm

2 hours ago, jPablo said:

Inflammatory acne, papules by the looks of things.

You also have some PIE. Antibiotics or Accutane could be worth a try.

i tried some antibiotics but i didn't tried accutane.If you cas me explain me what accutane is in detail?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/20/2019 7:33 pm

Dovakiin

I BEG you to apply a topical antifungal cream to the areas with acmne like outbreaks, and wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo BEFORE you try accutane. Accutane is dangerous and it will most likely NOT solve your problem (it may make it worse). From the pictures, and the fact that antibiotics did not help, you most likely have FUNGAL "acne" NOT ordinary acne.

Please do NOT apply moisturiser as fungus loves moisturiser, and one type of fungus that causes fungal acne FEEDS on the organic oils in moisturisers.

Topical antifungal creams such as clotrimazole cream are TOTALY safe and clotrimazole cream (canesten or similar) is available without a prescription.

You can also apply diluted tea tree (diluted 10-20 times) or eucalyptus oil and/or 3% peroxide (diluted to 1.5%) if you wuish. tea tree oll does not feed fungus and it is NOT a moisturiser.

PLEASE try applying an antifungal cream. I am happy to hear back from you.

dovahkiin liked
MemberMember
(@dovahkiin)

Posted : 05/21/2019 5:08 am

9 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Dovakiin

I BEG you to apply a topical antifungal cream to the areas with acmne like outbreaks, and wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo BEFORE you try accutane. Accutane is dangerous and it will most likely NOT solve your problem (it may make it worse). From the pictures, and the fact that antibiotics did not help, you most likely have FUNGAL "acne" NOT ordinary acne. 

Please do NOT apply moisturiser as fungus loves moisturiser, and one type of fungus that causes fungal acne FEEDS on the organic oils in moisturisers.

Topical antifungal creams such as clotrimazole cream are TOTALY safe and clotrimazole cream (canesten or similar) is available without a prescription.

You can also apply diluted tea tree (diluted 10-20 times) or eucalyptus oil and/or 3% peroxide (diluted to 1.5%) if you wuish. tea tree oll does not feed fungus and it is NOT a moisturiser.

PLEASE try applying an antifungal cream.  I am happy to hear back from you.

I will not try accutane because i think i don't need it. I'm interested in why i should use anti-dandruff shampoo. Also, do you have suggestions on what product to use (by brend)?

Appreciate your time for helping me :)

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/21/2019 7:08 pm

If you have taken antibiotics and you have acne that does not get better, then you most likely have fungal acne, NOT ordinary acne.

Fungal acne needs to be treated and controlled with antifungal creams (see above) and antidandruff shampos. The reason for using antidandruff shampos, is because dandruff (which I realise you don't have) is caused by fungus and antidandruff shampoos are antifungal. Antidandruff shampoos will help control a broad range of fungus outbreaks not just dandruff.

Start by applying clotrimazole antifungal cream, often sold as canesten, to the affected areas of your skin. Clotrimazle antifungal cream is a "broad spectrum" antifungal cream and it is totally safe.

If the clotrimazole cream does not star to fix your problem after applying it 2-3 times a day for several days, then I can provide advice on more targeted antifungal creams to use.

Which country are you in ?

MemberMember
(@jojolady)

Posted : 05/22/2019 2:40 am

Is your skin oily? What kind of food do you usually eat?

MemberMember
(@dovahkiin)

Posted : 05/22/2019 1:50 pm

11 hours ago, Jojolady said:

Is your skin oily? What kind of food do you usually eat?

I have oily skin most of the time and I eat everything healty included dairy products that i won't cut off in my diet, I don't eat processed sugars nor drink alcohol and take drugs

18 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

If you have taken antibiotics and you have acne that does not get better, then you most likely have fungal acne, NOT ordinary acne.

Fungal acne needs to be treated and controlled with antifungal creams (see above) and antidandruff shampos. The reason for using antidandruff shampos, is because dandruff (which I realise you don't have) is caused by fungus and antidandruff shampoos are antifungal. Antidandruff shampoos will help control a broad range of fungus outbreaks not just dandruff.

Start by applying clotrimazole antifungal cream, often sold as canesten, to the affected areas of your skin. Clotrimazle antifungal cream is a "broad spectrum" antifungal cream and it is totally safe.

If the clotrimazole cream does not star to fix your problem after applying it 2-3 times a day for several days, then I can provide advice on more targeted antifungal creams to use.

Which country are you in ?

I live on Balkans

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/22/2019 6:48 pm

Ok, thanks Dovahkiin.

As I said in an earlier post, you most likely have fungal acne, which is not ordinary acne. You possibly had ordinary acne to begin with and then taking the antibiotics caused fungal acne. Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and and a few other meds.

Buy some terbenafine antifungal cream (often sold as Lamisil) and some clotrimazle antifungal cream (often sold as Canesten). Mix the two creams together and apply the mixture to the affected areas of your skin 2-3 times a day. Also buy some antidandruff shampoo (preferably with climbazole, not to be confused with clotrimazole ) in it, and wash your hair in that. If it is not too irritating, you can also wash your face in antidandruff shampoo once a day also.

Topical antifungal creams are TOTALLY safe

Keep your skin very dry as fungus loves moisture. Do NOT use organic oils or moisturisers on your skin as these feed malasezzia fungus, which I think is the type of fungus that is causing your skin problems.

I would avoid eating dairy foods as dairy food do cause ordinary acne, and they may contribute to fungal acne (because dairy foods contain a type of female hormone called prolactin, which it is not good to eat). Also avoid eating gluten (wheat, rye, barley grains/flour etc) because gluten is inflammatory.

I am happy to hear back from you after you have applied have the antifungal creams and used the antidandruff shampoo for a week or so.

MemberMember
(@dovahkiin)

Posted : 05/23/2019 2:23 am

7 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Ok, thanks Dovahkiin.

As I said in an earlier post, you most likely have fungal acne, which is not ordinary acne. You possibly had ordinary acne to begin with and then taking the antibiotics caused fungal acne. Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and and a few other meds.

Buy some terbenafine antifungal cream (often sold as Lamisil) and some clotrimazle antifungal cream (often sold as Canesten). Mix the two creams together and apply the mixture to the affected areas of your skin 2-3 times a day. Also buy some antidandruff shampoo (preferably with climbazole, not to be confused with clotrimazole ) in it, and wash your hair in that. If it is not too irritating, you can also wash your face in antidandruff shampoo once a day also.

Topical antifungal creams are TOTALLY safe

Keep your skin very dry as fungus loves moisture. Do NOT use organic oils or moisturisers on your skin as these feed malasezzia fungus, which I think is the type of fungus that is causing your skin problems.

I would avoid eating dairy foods as dairy food do cause ordinary acne, and they may contribute to fungal acne (because dairy foods contain a type of female hormone called prolactin, which it is not good to eat). Also avoid eating gluten (wheat, rye, barley grains/flour etc) because gluten is inflammatory.

I am happy to hear back from you after you have applied have the antifungal creams and used the antidandruff shampoo for a week or so.

I just don't get the thing about oils. You previously said that I can use eucalyptus or tea tree oil, but later on, You said that the oils are bad for me. Please explain what's the difference.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/23/2019 7:37 pm

Eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil contain antifungal terpenes which kill fungus. These "essential" oils do not feed fungus because they are so antifungal that the small amount of oil that might feed fungus is irelevant compared to the terpenes which kill fungus.

Olive oil and other ordinary oils (the sort of oils that you can eat) have no antifungal activity (coconut oil has some but not much) and so olive oil etc just feed fungus.