Notifications
Clear all

Please help me treat my severe chest acne.

MemberMember
(@chest)

Posted : 05/18/2019 11:37 pm

Please answer/reply because this acne of mine is making me real depressed

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/18/2019 11:49 pm

You most likely have FUNGAL acne, not ordinary acne. Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds.

Do you have dandruff and/or seborhheic dermatitis and/or dry/flaking skin (which are indicative of fungal acne caused by malasezzia fungus) ? Do you have a white tongue ? (indicative of fungal acne caused by candida). Have you taken antibiotics (or accutane or prednisone) ?

If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can provide targeted advice on how to control your problem.

In the meantime, wash your hair and chest in antifungal shampoo in it. Buy some clotrimazole antifungal cream (canesten) and apply that to the affected areas.

Keep your skin very dry, and use a clean towel (or disposable paper towels) to dry it. Dust your skin in antifungal powder (or corn (maize) flour) after showering and drying your skin, and after applying the clotrimazole cream.

DO NOT APPLY ANY MOISTIRISER OR ORGANIC OILS (other than diluted tea tree or eucalytus oil, if you wish) TO THE AFFECTED AREAS OF YOUR SKIN. Organic oils FEED the fungus.

I look forward to hearing back from you with answers to the above questions, so I can provide more targeted information.

Chest liked
MemberMember
(@chest)

Posted : 05/19/2019 6:50 am

7 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

You most likely have FUNGAL acne, not ordinary acne. Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds.

Do you have dandruff and/or seborhheic dermatitis and/or dry/flaking skin (which are indicative of fungal acne caused by malasezzia fungus) ? Do you have a white tongue ? (indicative of fungal acne caused by candida). Have you taken antibiotics (or accutane or prednisone) ?

If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can provide targeted advice on how to control your problem.

In the meantime, wash your hair and chest in antifungal shampoo in it. Buy some clotrimazoleantifungal cream (canesten) and apply that to the affected areas.

Keep your skin very dry, and use a clean towel (or disposable paper towels) to dry it. Dust your skin in antifungal powder (or corn (maize) flour) after showering and drying your skin, and after applying the clotrimazole cream.

DO NOT APPLY ANY MOISTIRISER OR ORGANIC OILS (other than diluted tea tree or eucalytus oil, if you wish) TO THE AFFECTED AREAS OF YOUR SKIN. Organic oils FEED the fungus.

I look forward to hearing back from you with answers to the above questions, so I can provide more targeted information.

thank you for answering aussie scientist, i have dandruff, semi white tongue and i have taken accutane please answer me back thank you

28 minutes ago, Chest said:

thank you for answering aussie scientist, i have dandruff, semi white tongue and i have taken accutane, so i will buyclotrimazoleantifungal cream (canesten) and apply that to the affected areas/pimples?and can i use a head and shoulders anti dandruff shampoo on my chest?please answer me back and give me targeted advice on how to control this problem thank you aussie scientist for reaching out to me.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/19/2019 7:56 pm

Chest

Start with applying the clotrimazole creamon the affected areas (the areas with acne like symptoms) and see how you go with that. Dandruff and the acne like symptoms on your chest mean you have an outbreak of malasezzia fungus. If you can get terbenafine cream (Lamisil) without a prescription, buy that also, and apply it together with the clotrimazole cream to the affected areas.

Your semi-white tongue indicates that you may have an outbreak of candida along with malasezzia. The best antifungal cream for controlling candida is nystatin cream. Clotrimazole cream also has some effect against candida. Terbenafine does not control candida very well.

Given you DEFINITELY have an outbreak of malasezzia, start with the clotrimazole cream combined with the terbenafine cream (if you can get it) and see how you go with that.

Yes, definitely DO use an antifungal shampoo on your chest, and on your head. The best antifungal shampoo for controlling malasezzia contains climbazole (not to be confused with clotrimazole) but you can use Head and Shoulders and see how you go with that.

Dust your chest with antifungal powder after showering and after applying the antifungal cream.

Make sure you wash your hands before touching the affected areas of your chest and never touch your nose and then touch the affected areas of your chest. Wash your hands after blowing your nose, or use hand sanitiser. The last thing you want is a secondary staph infection on top of the fungal infection.

I look forward to hearing how you go.

Chest liked
MemberMember
(@chest)

Posted : 05/20/2019 1:34 am

5 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Chest

Start with applying the clotrimazole creamon the affected areas (the areas with acne like symptoms) and see how you go with that. Dandruff and the acne like symptoms on your chest mean you have an outbreak of malasezzia fungus. If you can get terbenafine cream (Lamisil) without a prescription, buy that also, and apply it together with the clotrimazole cream to the affected areas.

Your semi-white tongue indicates that you may have an outbreak of candida along with malasezzia. The best antifungal cream for controlling candida is nystatin cream. Clotrimazole cream also has some effect against candida. Terbenafine does not control candida very well.

Given you DEFINITELY have an outbreak of malasezzia, start with the clotrimazole cream combined with the terbenafine cream (if you can get it) and see how you go with that.

Yes, definitely DOuse an antifungal shampoo on your chest, and on your head. The best antifungal shampoo for controlling malasezzia contains climbazole (not to be confused with clotrimazole) but you can use Head and Shoulders and see how you go with that.

Dust your chest with antifungal powder after showering and after applying the antifungal cream.

Make sure you wash your hands before touching the affected areas of your chest and never touch your nose and then touch the affected areas of your chest. Wash your hands after blowing your nose, or use hand sanitiser. The last thing you want is a secondary staph infection on top of the fungal infection.

I look forward to hearing how you go.

Thank you aussie scientist, i used antifungal shampoo last night and it reduced the itchiness and redness, i will buy canesten now. I will get back to you thank you.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/20/2019 1:42 am

Great news. Thanks. I will be interested to hear how things go with the canesten etc.

See if you can get terbenafine cream (lamisil) without a prescription, and apply that with the clotrimazole cream, if you can get terbenafine cream. The canesten will most likely control the problem without terbenafine, but terbenafine cream will fix the problem faster, if combined with the terbenafine cream.