Notifications
Clear all

Good salicylic acid product Uk? (cyst acne)

MemberMember
(@forestx)

Posted : 05/18/2019 7:26 am

Hi

I suffer from adult acne. Over the last few years things have gotten better. I use a tea tree face scrub to wash myself andbenzoyl peroxide 5% (Ancecide) to spot treat and use on more troubled areas. I used to use a cleanser withsalicylic acid but will admit did stop with this which may not be a good thing.

In the last few months I have gotten worse again and am gettingcyst acne around my nose. I threat it with ice andbenzoyl peroxide but want to adsalicylic acid to my routine.

I have a cleanser from Clean and Clear but feel I need something stronger and more grown up. I would prefer a cleanser or toner instead of a cream as I already use a cream.

Anyone know of a brand available in the UK I could use. or other treatment forcyst acne.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/18/2019 11:35 pm

I suggest you add a topical antifungal cream to the affected areas of your skin. I would apply clotrimazole topical antifungal cream to the affected areas, rather than (or with ?) benzoyl peroxide. Your problem sounds like it could be caused by fungus, to me. Cystic acne around the nose is indicative of fungal acne, because the area is moist, which fungus loves.

Let me know if you would like further information on controlling fungal acne. In the meantime, I strongly suggest that you do not use any organic oils or moisturisers on your skin, as these feed one type of fungal acne.

MemberMember
(@forestx)

Posted : 05/20/2019 8:21 am

i dont think its Fungal at least not reading the descriptions of it. I do suffer fromrosacea which I keep meaning to get treated but hasnt been too bad lately

Its one large spot around my nose I keep treating it with Ice and while it has gone down its still quite red

I am going on holidays tomorrow and was hoping it would be down but alas not

When I get back I am going to book a meeting with someone and start treatment

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/20/2019 8:32 pm

Please try applying clotrimazole antifungal cream. It is totally safe. The descriptions of fungal acne are not very accurate. A lot of what people think is rosacea is fungal acne.

Redness is a sign of fungal acne. Do you have dandruff ? Do you have a white tongue ? If you have one or both of these then you most likely have fungal acne. Have you taken antibiotics ? (which cause fungal acne)

Most doctors and dermatologists know NOTHING about fungal acne. They are likely to prescribe antibiotics which will make the problem worse and worse.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by applying some clotrimazole cream to the affected areas.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 05/28/2019 8:10 pm

I would recommend the Clarifying Cleanser by FaceTheory. It has salicylic acid as well as AHAs. They also have a 2% BHA serum too. They often have good voucher codes too (40% for new customers) and minimal ingredients.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/28/2019 9:43 pm

ForestX

Fungal skin conditions are very variable in appearance. One cannot use descriptions to identify them with any certainty. Do you have dandruff or a white tongue ? Have you taken antibiotics ?

If one or more of these apply to you, your skin condition is very likely caused by fungus.

Try applying the topical clotrimazole cream. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Clotrimazole cream, applied topically, is perfectly safe.

Most doctors and dermatologists now nothing about fungal acne, and they will try and make you take antibiotics, which will destroy your gut biota (good bacteria) and seriously compromise your immune system, for ever.

MemberMember
(@forestx)

Posted : 05/30/2019 7:50 am

I have gotten a couple more spots around the nose now but not as big.

I have or do suffer from Dandruff but have got it under control using Sellsun shampoo for the last 10 years

I have no issue using fungalcream if it works and will check it out if it works great. Should I spot treat with it or rub it in fully

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/30/2019 7:31 pm

Forestex

Dandruff is caused by malasezzia fungus - having dandruff is a strong indication that your skin problems are caused by fungus.

Start by applying clotrimazole antifungal cream. Yes, rub the antifungal cream in all over the affected areas - apply the antifungal cream 2-3 times a day.

If the clotrimazle cream does not control your problem, you may need to apply terbenafine antifungal cream (Lamisil or similar) which targets malasezzia.

See if the clotrimazole cream works first.

Do NOT use any moisturiser or organic oils on the affected areas.

MemberMember
(@forestx)

Posted : 05/31/2019 7:34 am

I will get some today looking online the main cream available seems to be for Thrush is this safe to use on my face

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/31/2019 10:48 pm

Yes, totally safe. Thrush is candida. Can you let me know the brand name of the product.

MemberMember
(@forestx)

Posted : 06/02/2019 12:01 pm

Just fyi this is a photo of the effected area 

The can be bigger 

IMG_20190602_171540.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/02/2019 6:57 pm

Yes, looks very much like a fungus problem, forestx.

Let me know how things go after you have applied the antifungal cream 2-3 times a day for a week or so.

MemberMember
(@forestx)

Posted : 06/04/2019 7:10 am

OK I did check and do have a whitish tongue so am going to get a cream for it. The main brand name here is Canesten (Its 1%Clotrimazole) and they do different creams for parts of the body thrush as I mentioned before and athletes foot

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/04/2019 8:22 pm

Good, forestx

The different clotrimazole creams contain the same ingredients so it does not matter which one you use. Apply Canesten cream to the affected areas of your skin 2-3 times a day.

A white tongue strongly indicates that you have an outbreak of candida fungus. Dandruff indicates an outbreak of malasezzia fungus, so you probably have outbreaks of both types of fungus, which are causing your skin problems.

So, If you can get them, also buy some nystatin cream (Mycostatin or similar) plus terbenafin cream (Lamisil), and apply that those the affected areas of your skin together with the Canesten cream. Nystatin targets candida and terbenafine targets malasezzia. Clotrimazole (Caneten) is a broad spectrum anti-fungal.

You can start with applying the clotrimazole cream on its own... and see how that goes, if you wish.

Keep the affected areas very dry. Do NOT put any organic oils or moisturisers on the affected areas of your skin.

I am happy to hear how things go.