Notifications
Clear all

GHK-Copper Peptide

MemberMember
(@brent21)

Posted : 05/13/2019 10:27 pm

Does anyone have recent experience using GHK copper peptides in scar remodeling? In reviewing the research on this peptide, it seems that it's almost all conducted by Dr. Loren Pickart, who has a business selling copper peptide products.

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 05/14/2019 1:22 am

It's a topical. He who has a business hypes it up.
I personally use it for a few days after microneedling, however actives suht as vitamin A,B & C are more effective.
Vitamin A by far (tretinoin prescription or retinol over the counter) is the most effective and that is proven.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/14/2019 10:17 am

@Brent21This topic comes up many many times over year(s). Copper peptides provide very little benefit to scar suffers, ... I feel the products over promise all these claims. Some say it does help heal faster after microneedling. I have never noticed this but perhaps it does on someone. You don't see many clinics using this FYI, and there is a reason there I am sure. Copper and Silver are anti bacterial so perhaps that helps a tiny bit, but there are better things for that as well. Research is a theory it's not universal proof. Give it a try on yourself and update us.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 05/14/2019 4:15 pm

I've used the copper peptides sold on owndoc.

They do help with reducing redness after microneedling (I can confirm that), but they do nothing else. Absolutely zero effecton scars. Barely any effect on skin texture. Don't get me wrong, microneedling also have zero effect whatsoever on acne scars (did over 40 microneedling sessions with the Derminator...).

If you want to improve skin texture, use Retin A.....that works. But since I don't want to sell false hope, let me repeat.....Retin A used constantlyimprove the texture of the skin, it doesn't improve the acne scars.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/14/2019 11:29 pm

To Whom It May Concern:

* Your open to your own opinion and we will agree to disagree. I believe in ethics and "educate." I try not to use my opinion, outcomes are based on clinical experience, studies, and helping thousands, no one else can say that here. 
* Straw Man Arguments and False Equivalency.  In other posts by (Member @---------) another post but you are spreading discontent, anger, and catastrophizing. ""For all people, microneedling will not work, since microneedling did not work for you."" That is again like saying a Dr should not do eye surgeries, because the patient may not gain back perfect site (perfection-all or nothing). 
*  No one should micro-needle and expect it to get rid of their acne scars (stated - 40 times with no results), this is not a mono (single)-treatment you do alone and some scar cases it's not a approach for any treatment for the scar type (patient history). 
* Explain to me the pictures below they were with peels and micro-needling (see below pics). 
* Your equating your scar case with other's scars (not a good idea). You know nothing about their scars, health concerns, patient history, ability to heal, treatment factors, severity, genetics, etc. Why are you even on the "forum : scar treatments" (the "main" point of this forum) if you do not believe that "anything" works. I see you often post in scarless healing, again all or nothing thinking which must be universal to everyone else.
* Microneedling does work, it softens texture, stimulates healing (that is if you can heal well - some cannot), breaks up scar tissue, can be done at home for pennies, and is used in combination with other treatments to treat scars. Does it work for all cases, "no." Can it work alone, no. You have to find what works for you though.  Several large split blind studies stating that it can be equivalent to laser treatments without the side effects (search pubmed as the posters in scarless healing often do).
* Small scar cases of scarring, textural scarring, aging, wrinkles, have had great results with just needling. 
* Again if you need a analysis of your treatments and what was wrong to give you absolutely "no results" please make a post and I can try to help. I do this often.

Your not like anyone else on these forums. I cannot over-analyze every choice, health concern, and action done in your life. It all depends on how you heal. I Get your frustration.

No scar case is the same, we are not clones, one person could do a million procedures and not be you, your all different ages, ethnic backgrounds, healing capabilities, plans for treatment, outcomes, different surgeons (they treat differently as well), etc, we could go on and on. The point being is never compare yourself to someone else. Sure you can learn from their experience but do we really know every single detail about what was done and why - no.  If someone heals poorly or had a poor Dr they typically hang around here.

It can help a lot if you see a therapist because scars are not only external they also effect us internally. Talkspace offers a app for your smartphone to get unlimited therapy or you can see someone locally. Therapy is half of the battle that many struggle with.

Goto a board certified Dr for help, ... if you want get 3 opinions and choose the one you like best. Your cases have nothing to do with each other or anyone else here, everyone is a individual with a different story.

It takes time and heal (this is a marathon and not a race, many do treatments every 3 months over 3 years time),... it's slow with lots of treatments. 

PICS Just From Glycolic Peels and Dermastamping Over a year plus time. No other treatments were used. Again this must be used in combination with treatments from a Dr Not alone in "MOST" cases of severity. Treatment is NOT Mono (singular). Deep and severe atrohic scars, non responders,  "need" a Doctors treatment, you cannot simply treat them at home. What does one have to loose to do this between Dr's treatments at home, they are "dirt" cheap. NO retinol was used in the split blind studies you can find by the hundreds on pubmed. 

Mild/Moderate Cases:

Atrophica liked
MemberMember
(@brent21)

Posted : 05/16/2019 1:51 am

Thank you for your help. I'm going to try copper peptide, but don't expect much result.