Notifications
Clear all

Micro w PRP - cost?

MemberMember
(@neofight)

Posted : 05/13/2019 3:40 pm

Ive improved most of my major scars with subcision and now want to move on to the medium and milder ones. Imentertaining microneedling with PRP, and was given a quote from a local plastic surgery office. I livein a high cost of living area but even I was surprised at how much I was quotedfor 3 microneedling with PRP sessions ($1,200/session!).

Putting aside the big question of whether thats worth it, what SHOULD this procedure cost, roughly? This just feels really high.

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 05/13/2019 7:17 pm

Thats massive man. Buy the derminator yourself and learn from the forum here how to do it. You will save a fortune :)
PRP is an upsell really, it speeds up healing. It is the needling process that induces the collagen synthesis.

MemberMember
(@ybby)

Posted : 05/13/2019 8:50 pm

Honestly micro needling really costs barely nothing to the clinic and the same with PRP.. Maybe get another treatment instead of microneedling or just do it at home.

MemberMember
(@neofight)

Posted : 05/13/2019 9:50 pm

Appreciate the feedback. I have a derminator but just wanted to get some professional work with bells and whistles I guess. Ill keep shopping around and do the needling at home. Thanks, peeps.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/14/2019 10:26 am

@NeoFightMicroneedling with PRP is not worth it, especially for that price, ... way to expensive. You can get PRP with RF microneedling(like a laser) for around that. If that is what you mean then yes it makes since, otherwise you can do normal microneedling at home between Dr's sessions, buy a derminator.

Scars are based on photos for the proper treatment, if you need me to re-evaluate post the scars that concern you. You say your done with Subcision(s), have you done TCA Cross for your icepicks or rf needling sessions for your scars.

You can easily do microneedling at home yourself and some glycolic peels now, alternate monthly.

MemberMember
(@icepick-scar)

Posted : 09/28/2019 3:23 am

On 5/14/2019 at 3:40 AM, NeoFight said:

Ive improved most of my major scars with subcision

Did you use subcision with filler?

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 09/30/2019 8:12 pm

Regular microneedling w/ PRP can be done at a medspa for $300-$400 range if you really want to do it. It won't make a big difference with acne scarring though.