Notifications
Clear all

Help with my acne scars please!!!

MemberMember
(@alexander24)

Posted : 05/12/2019 2:25 pm

20190512_200930.jpg.12d94146ed922cf9fc1e39373b9bd769.jpgI suffered from acne when I was about 16 I was left with these scars on my right cheek. They look horrible and really knock my confidence sometimes making me too depressed to go out of the house. Any info on what i could do to reduce or get rid of them would be really great and appreciated

20190512_201151.jpg

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 05/12/2019 7:27 pm

Its honestly not that bad, its mild to medium scarring. You have nice pigmentation, not terrible volume loss. You have to deal with the psychological aspect of it aswell (acne dysmorphia)
https://www.acne.org/acne-dysmorphia.html

We understand, we've all been there, all of us have our good and bad days.
I see rolling scars, some boxcars.
Best plan would be subcision+filler and then resurfacing. You can try the derminator (microneedling device-can do at home every 4-6 weeks)
Treatment options depend on your budget aswell. Where are you living?

As for topicals get a retinoid for cellular turnover (new collagen), vitamin C if microneedling. Read - information is your friend, and so is BA who will likely give you the best plan in a while

MemberMember
(@alexander24)

Posted : 05/13/2019 10:17 am

Thanks Atrophica.

Looked at the derminator. Definitely going to purchase one. I'm UK based.

What is a retinoid and where could I get one from? Sorry pretty clueless when it comes to all this. Any good info sources you know of i could take a look at?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/13/2019 10:26 am

@Alexander24

Thanks for posting those pictures, helpful.

You have rolling scars - atrophy, box cars, and linear scars.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@alexander24)

Posted : 05/14/2019 7:10 am

@beautifulambitionthank you so much this information has been really helpful. I'm going to look into all the options on here. What % should ingest a glycolic peel in? And is there much downtime?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/14/2019 10:07 am

@Alexander24Glycolic & dermastamping are ok to do at home in between Dr's treatments, it won't fix the scars completely. You also really need subcision and some filler.

Ok for your question: Checkout MUAC they sell peels and have great customer service. You can get the highest % Glycolic there, ... try that out and you can work your way to TCA peels if needed. Samples are available.

Read the acid peel guide pinned to the main scar treatments sub.

MemberMember
(@alexander24)

Posted : 05/15/2019 12:07 pm

Thanks @beautifulambition. I understand the glycolic and stamping wont fix it fully, I just want to get my skinregime at home on point and then I can start looking into the subcision and fillers. Thanks so much for all this information I felt pretty clueless before posting here and probably would have taken any clinics word for what would sort the problem. I'm going to spend the next few days researching and reading on all the the things you mentioned and make some progress. Thank you so much.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/16/2019 10:35 am

@Alexander24Great just making sure we have realistic expectations 😉 YourVery welcome!