Notifications
Clear all

Possible treatments for my scars (Ice Pick) : Makeup For Scar Guys and Girls : Tattoos for Scarring

MemberMember
(@babysteps)

Posted : 05/10/2019 5:20 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum, is a bit hard for me to write here about my problem but I'll do it anyway.

I'm a 23 years old latino guy and since I was 10 I had been suffering from anxiety at 14 I got bullied and developed OCD-skin picking and depression and possibily other mental illnesses, all this problems started from having a dysfunctional family and not being taken care of properly by my parents.

I never had a lot of acne, maybe 2 o 3 zits once a month when  I was a teenager, but I always picked my face and that caused me a my first scars when I was 13, now I barely get zits, I do have white heads and black heads here and there, my skin picking disorder is almost gone, but I'm left with a lot of scars on my face which make being ashamed of myself for not taking care of my skin.

I have lost a lot of my selft-esteem and a lot of oportunities when it comes to dating and being happy in general because of my scars. 

Next month I have an appointment whit a plastic surgeon, I'm aware that my scars wont go away 100% and could probably get worse with time, I would be happy if at least I have an 30% of improvement.  

What treatments do you think would be the more appropiate for my skin and scars?

My scars are ice pick, scarred pores and some chicken pox one, and I have a sort of crater on my right cheek which I have always tought it could improve whit some kind of filler.

59993982_398014551054386_3832594825132113920_n.jpg

59998035_427645691146088_4591746997827928064_n.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/11/2019 9:59 am

@BabySteps

Hi there the first part of your post resonates that you need some support for the mental scars you deal with, they have created internal wounds and it's best to explore these with a therapist. Talkspace offer's a smart phone app with unlimited therapy, ... contact in various forums. This is the hardest part to treat. Treatment has up's and downs as well so nice to have that support.

Your scars are not that bad compared to what I see and help daily. Mainly I see ethnic skin so make sure the Dr specializes in your skin type by asking. Lots of icepicks, linear scars, and box cars, mainly textural issues.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@babysteps)

Posted : 05/13/2019 7:15 am

Thanks for your answer, I'm already seeking psycological help, things are going well in that regard.

How much of an improvement can I expect ?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/13/2019 10:06 am

@BabyStepsWelcome!

There is no constant percentage in the acne scar treatment world. I get ask this all the time. It's how you heal and your surgeon's skill. Expect about 50% if you do all of the above, ... but perhaps more could be achieved.

MemberMember
(@babysteps)

Posted : 06/02/2019 7:38 am

On 5/13/2019 at 5:06 PM, beautifulambition said:

@BabyStepsWelcome!

There is no constant percentage in the acne scar treatment world. I get ask this all the time. It's how you heal and your surgeon's skill. Expect about 50% if you do all of the above, ... but perhaps more could be achieved.

Hi again, do you have any advice on makeup for my kind of scars? I have tried dermaflagewichworks ok for some of my scars but I don'tget the same result everyday, and is quite annoying to spend 20 minutes each day to cover my scars.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/02/2019 11:12 am

@BabyStepsMakeup is hard with scars, a guide for guys and girls.. many say it can make the scars look worse as it dries or over emphasizes the scars. There is a sub forum here for makeup.

Unisex guys and Girls: porefessional by benefit, it blurs the scars for guys and girls and has no tint, can be used alone or as a primer. Other Silicone or primers can be samples at Sephora, ... goto the store and ask for a sample to test the product on your scars. You want to fill the scar before you put on makeup over it. Hydration / moisturizer is essential before a primer as you want to plump your skin, ... use a tretinorin nightly or once a week if you can't do that. Some makeup artists say do not put makeup on the scars as it can emphasize them, other's say just spot treat the scars and leave the good skin bare. Silicone ingredients can help. Fake Tan, Spray Tan, Self Tan, has helped many cover the look of their scars.

There are light reflecting / bluring powders that help as well.

Go into a department store and try dermablend, see if they have a makeup artist who can try it on you and see how it looks. IT's for after surgeries.

The lighter the makeup the better as thick makeup shows the issues most and is cakey face (less is more only treat problem areas). Light Mineral makeups can be good.

Go on youtube and put makeup for scars or acne scars and you will find some info in there. Wayne a famous vlogger says pat the foundation into the scar, multiple coats, then press a mineral powder into the scar, watch the video for how to.

Guys want less makeup and it to look natural (sometimes just spot treating areas), but hide their imperfections, girls want a bit of color and higher coverage.For guys and girls temporary tan can be great to hide scars as well, tinted sunscreen are also effective. Dermablend, spot treat only the scars, no one will know you have it on. See above Unisex ^.

Girls: Highlight if your a girl the eyes with flashier eye makeup, do up your brows, lashes, lids, lip gloss, .... put some blush on the cheeks perhaps to add some glow, this distracts and takes the eyes to certain good features.It's best to treat your scars then you won't have to worry about makeup. 20 mins is what women with flawless women can spend as well as they try to highlight their perfect skin.

Emphasize eyes and lips

Self Tan, Spray Tan, Fake Tan(Caucasians will get more of a darker yellow tint - Think Jersey Shore)

Tattooing for Permanent Discolored Scars: See videos below, works best for scars with no pigment, but can be done over the scars.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/02/2019 11:36 am

MemberMember
(@babysteps)

Posted : 06/05/2019 4:14 pm

On 6/2/2019 at 6:12 PM, beautifulambition said:

@BabyStepsMakeup is hard with scars, a guide for guys and girls.. many say it can make the scars look worse as it dries or over emphasizes the scars. There is a sub forum here for makeup.

Unisex guys and Girls: porefessional by benefit, it blurs the scars for guys and girls and has no tint, can be used alone or as a primer. Other Silicone or primers can be samples at Sephora, ... goto the store and ask for a sample to test the product on your scars. You want to fill the scar before you put on makeup over it. Hydration / moisturizer is essential before a primer as you want to plump your skin, ... use a tretinorin nightly or once a week if you can't do that. Some makeup artists say do not put makeup on the scars as it can emphasize them, other's say just spot treat the scars and leave the good skin bare. Silicone ingredients can help. Fake Tan, Spray Tan, Self Tan, has helped many cover the look of their scars.

There are light reflecting / bluring powders that help as well.

Go into a department store and try dermablend, see if they have a makeup artist who can try it on you and see how it looks. IT's for after surgeries.

The lighter the makeup the better as thick makeup shows the issues most and is cakey face (less is more only treat problem areas). Light Mineral makeups can be good.

Go on youtube and put makeup for scars or acne scars and you will find some info in there. Wayne a famous vlogger says pat the foundation into the scar, multiple coats, then press a mineral powder into the scar, watch the video for how to.

Guys want less makeup and it to look natural (sometimes just spot treating areas), but hide their imperfections, girls want a bit of color and higher coverage.For guys and girls temporary tan can be great to hide scars as well, tinted sunscreen are also effective. Dermablend, spot treat only the scars, no one will know you have it on. See above Unisex ^.

Girls: Highlight if your a girl the eyes with flashier eye makeup, do up your brows, lashes, lids, lip gloss, .... put some blush on the cheeks perhaps to add some glow, this distracts and takes the eyes to certain good features.It's best to treat your scars then you won't have to worry about makeup. 20 mins is what women with flawless women can spend as well as they try to highlight their perfect skin.

Emphasize eyes and lips

Self Tan, Spray Tan, Fake Tan(Caucasians will get more of a darker yellow tint - Think Jersey Shore)

Tattooing for Permanent Discolored Scars: See videos below, works best for scars with no pigment, but can be done over the scars.

Which type of dermablend should I use? I tried the liquid one : https://www.dillards.com/brand/Dermablend/beauty-makeup-face which didn't do too much. I never tough about using fake tan, I will tried it out!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/06/2019 10:56 am

@BabyStepsGet the Dermablend in a stick, concealer, it's more concentrated, take a clean finger and spread it out on the scars or spot apply it. Or just goto Sephora and have them try a few concealers and see what you like best.

https://www.dillards.com/p/dermablend-quick-fix/501995852