Notifications
Clear all

acne is making me a lil bitch

MemberMember
(@acnefuckingsucks)

Posted : 05/07/2019 2:07 pm

This is gonna sound so bad and I already know Im gonna get rekt in the comments but come for me I guess...

i have severe acne and it has taken over my whole life. I know that Im probably a lil bitch when everywhere thereare people in much worse situations. I cant help it though. Im 15 and Ive had severe acne for about 2 years now and I honestly dont know how much more of it I can take. Suddenly everything becomes so uninteresting to me(Depressed life oof). I dont go out with friends anymore and if I do its not fun and I just want to be home, I find no joy at all in school anymore, I dont enjoy anything that I used to... I just want to lay in bed and sleep.

people in school talk badlyabout me, as I wear makeup to cover my acne and lets just say Im not great at it. I absolutely hate makeup though.Whenever I didnt wear makeup everyone made fun of me more, a kid even made a joke in front of the whole class. That was the worst for me...I dont care if Im told it because I dont really feel many things anymore. When its in front of a whole class though, I get really self conscious. I use my hair to cover my face and my friend mocks me for it, she constantly talks to others behind my back and she loves to send me proactiv adds or curology adds. Those are bullshit by the way. I just dont have anybody who I can go to.

basically what Im trying to say is...this isnt me. This isnt the me I know and this isnt the me I want. I dont go to the derm because Im running from my problems...I can recognize that but Im still in denial because I think she wont be able to help me. My sister went on accutane because she also had severe acne. I want to do that but Im nervous that it wont work and Ill have no way to fix me.

I just want somebody to talk to because right now as Im crying in bed typing this I actually feel so disappointed. I want the old me back...oh and I dont want to be a little bitch anymore either.

<3

MemberMember
(@acnefuckingsucks)

Posted : 05/26/2019 9:18 pm

On 5/11/2019 at 3:46 AM, Samuel991 said:

Jesusis the way the truth and the life. I suffered severe acne from 13 to 15 yo. I'm 19 now and thank to God myacne disappeared.

I appreciate your response but, I personally dont believe that God can make my acne disappear. I personally dont believe that God is necessarily real but more of a concept and interpretation, as I believe most religions are. Once again, thank you for your response.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/26/2019 9:28 pm

Acne..

Leaving God aside (I agree with your response), have you taken antibiotics ? Antibiotics can cause a type of acne, which is hard to control, although you probably do have ordinary acne because of your age.

You might want to consider writing posts in clearer English without swear words. People will be more inclined to help you if you do that.

MemberMember
(@californiakid)

Posted : 05/26/2019 11:28 pm

That's definitely rough...I had acne when I was younger than you, so I know how it is. A lot of people who have clear skin don't understand the mental struggle that occurs from acne sufferers. Kids suck especially teenagers, just channel your energy into doing well at school.

Also, definitely check out accutane. I used it at around 14 or 15 and it completely cured me.