Notifications
Clear all

Hi! please take a look at my acne scars! @beautifulambition

MemberMember
(@jboy600)

Posted : 05/05/2019 12:05 pm

Hi! I have had acne all my life but have finally found myself a good regimen and have been able to get off it without the use of accutane. There was a period where I picked on my pimples and overwashed,  this left pores and scars. I have been recommended 3 Microneedling RF ( Endymed) sessions and 3 fractional CO2 sessions..... but of late I have lost a lot of faith in my dermat since the friend who initially recommended him has seen no results even after a year. Is this regimen right for me? What™d yal recommend Hoping @beautifulambution takes a look at this , seriously the best advice out there !

B300A115-64D6-4236-BE85-2289F73A5C7D.png

7A71DB37-0C96-472A-AF40-15D17436E561.png

Some more pictures of my scars , I have some really nasty ones on my cheeks and lateral to my eyes. I have had one session of RF and have seen some difference, could you please tell me what regimen to follow? Also if my dermat is correct?  The last picture is before my microneedling treatment, all the other ones are all after

9F1350D7-9259-4039-B5DC-C204BDEA49D9.jpeg

49D1DA39-F0AB-4E55-A934-BF2352F16815.jpeg

52FEC62E-D4A4-46D4-8ED6-4AFEEC9BA389.png

EEB21238-D9CC-4560-84B6-58156C75F152.png

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/06/2019 9:47 am

@Jboy600Thanks for providing the pictures, helpful.

You mainly have boxcars, a few rolling scars, and many icepick / linear scars. Some discoloration.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@jboy600)

Posted : 05/08/2019 1:39 am

Thank you for the earnest reply @beautifulambition!

I have already started one Microneedling RF session , and have been prescribed 3 of those plus 3 CO2 laser by my dermat. Can I do the cannula subcision plus TCAafter that? Or do these need to be in any specific order?

AlsoWhat settings should I dermastamp/ use the Fermin stir on at home?

Lastly, how much improvement do you think I will be able to see, realistically speaking

Im prepared for the long run thank you so much for your help!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/08/2019 10:40 am

@Jboy600That is a problem then"I have already started one Microneedling RF session , and have been prescribed 3 of those plus 3 CO2 laser by my dermat." You have not treated the underlying scars, this is often when I get complaints after all of that saying"it did not work." Manual methods are always necessary first. Your Dr just want's to blast your with energy devices quickly.

You could do it after but it does not make since, we treat the deepest issue first, laser is for surface texture.

No idea what your saying about the dermastamp, but 1mm to 1.5mm derastamp is fine monthly.

I cannot say how much improvement you will get, the treatment is already following your dermatologists recommendations so you would have to ask him what he thinks. It all depends how you heal, your Dr's skill, and the order you take to slowly deal with the scars. Bad Dr's just blast your as quckly as possible. Collagen is fragile.

Your very welcome!

- BA

MemberMember
(@jboy600)

Posted : 05/08/2019 11:08 am

@beautifulambition

Okay, I will not go forth with the laser!

Thank you! Can I continue the microneedling though? ( I purchased a 3session package since I was getting a good discount! How many sessions of microneedling do you think I would need? I have my second session scheduled for tomorrow, so I will get it done accordingly and will ask for subcision instead of laser)

thank you for all your help , youre a godsend

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/08/2019 11:39 am

Sure you can miconeedle now all you want. Save the laser until you do manual methods, it won't goto waste. You need tca cross and subcisions, lots of them. Then do your rf needling andlasers.

- Welcome, BA

MemberMember
(@jboy600)

Posted : 05/08/2019 4:12 pm

Thank you! I will follow up on this , and then update you

MemberMember
(@jboy600)

Posted : 05/16/2019 5:56 am

Hi ! @beautifulambitionHope youre doing well i spoke to my doc, and have convinced him )that your treatment plan is the one were going to follow ! Thank you so much for that!

my docs apparently done a lot of research on combining subcisionwith co2 laser , and hes promised good results. I dont think its about the money, hes a family friend.

( Ive done 2 sessions of 3mm microneedling RF already)

i told him that you recommended manual methods first , so he asked me to take your advice on whether i should combine subcision with c02 laser? The plan is to do three sessions of the same alternated with/preceding TCA cross?

Will this be suitable?Subcision is on either way, all thanks to you!!! just need your advice on whether it should be combined with c02 laser or not.

Also Do you know/know of any good doctors in India?

Please do let me know )Hope youre doing well

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/16/2019 10:22 am

@Jboy600The choice is yours and the risk is yours. Go ahead if you wish. I hear this all the time co2 and subcision at one time, some do 5 things at one time. More harm than good, but you do what works for you, perhaps he knows how to treat you best, it will delay healing.

Also have tons of patients who do rf needling first and complains it does nothing, I tell them of course, they have not addressed their individual scars and instead are just mass treating. Priorities seem out of order on these patients and a desire to get it done quick. Much easier for Dr's to just blast you with laser and rf and tell you see were doing something as you swell.

No you combine subcision and tca cross, ... you can get filler if needed. Doing several of those. 3-8 sessions. After the first few you can between sessions do rf needling. I would wait on co2 until after your done with the subcisions. Why because this will show you what manual methods did and how you healed, then your relying on energy devices. Do you know under the skin you heal for 6 to 12 months after laser.

India I hear bad reports all the time, they constantly complain to me that the Dr's are not experienced, or they just laser them, or someone on a street corner does something. The biggest and most popular treatment in india is punch excision for scars like yours. Where they cut out the scar and put a stitch, I think it's cheaper to do than other methods as well. I have some Dr's in the FAQ, pinned to the top of the scar treatment main sub, goto the bottom, find India. Search Instagram, Facebook, youtube for ""subcision"" your city or ""punch excision"" and your city or bigger ones nearby. Consult 3 Dr's if they are nearby and pick the one you like most, ... Have them do a test area if you do not trust them before doing the whole face.

Peraps your CO2 and subcision derm is fine, ... have him do a test area and see. I see your skin needling a lot of TCA cross and sub and takes skill, which is manual, not laser. CO2 is like frosting on a cake, we bake it first, then we work on texture.

MemberMember
(@jboy600)

Posted : 05/17/2019 11:45 am

Hi ! @beautifulambition

god bless you! I cant believe you do this for free, youre helping me so much.

Going to follow your advice to the core.

One last question , Im really sorry for asking too many, but your replies are practically the highlightof my daysnow :))

will a ketogenic diet affect healing of scars and collagen induction?I am due to start the diet from June , and Ive read of its anti inflammatory effects.

Thank you, please do let me know! My next reply will be ( hopefully) a progress update based on your advice!

Youve already helped me cope with myanxiety so much! Cant thank you enough!

Goodnight from India

Jai

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/18/2019 11:37 am

@Jboy600 

Welcome!

Ketogenic diet is good in general, it will not heal scars or make them go away but it can help with a diet and lifestyle that is out of balance. Diets are for our overall health. Sugar, Refined Carbs, Dairy, are not good. Eat lots of fruits and veg, lean meats. Collagen supplements can be helpful. 

:D

- BA

MemberMember
(@justsomename)

Posted : 05/18/2019 2:03 pm

On 5/17/2019 at 1:22 AM, beautifulambition said:

@Jboy600The choice is yours and the risk is yours. Go ahead if you wish. I hear this all the time co2 and subcision at one time, some do 5 things at one time. More harm than good, but you do what works for you, perhaps he knows how to treat you best, it will delay healing.

Also have tons of patients who do rf needling first and complains it does nothing, I tell them of course, they have not addressed their individual scars and instead are just mass treating. Priorities seem out of order on these patients and a desire to get it done quick. Much easier for Dr's to just blast you with laser and rf and tell you see were doing something as you swell.

No you combine subcision and tca cross, ... you can get filler if needed. Doing several of those. 3-8 sessions. After the first few you can between sessions do rf needling. I would wait on co2 until after your done with the subcisions. Why because this will show you what manual methods did and how you healed, then your relying on energy devices. Do you know under the skin you heal for 6 to 12 months after laser.

India I hear bad reports all the time, they constantly complain to me that the Dr's are not experienced, or they just laser them, or someone on a street corner does something. The biggest and most popular treatment in india is punch excision for scars like yours. Where they cut out the scar and put a stitch, I think it's cheaper to do than other methods as well. I have some Dr's in the FAQ, pinned to the top of the scar treatment main sub, goto the bottom, find India. Search Instagram, Facebook, youtube for ""subcision"" your city or ""punch excision"" and your city or bigger ones nearby. Consult 3 Dr's if they are nearby and pick the one you like most, ... Have them do a test area if you do not trust them before doing the whole face.

Peraps your CO2 and subcision derm is fine, ... have him do a test area and see. I see your skin needling a lot of TCA cross and sub and takes skill, which is manual, not laser. CO2 is like frosting on a cake, we bake it first, then we work on texture.

If a doctor does Infini RF needling like 3 - 4 times first, does that mean after you change doctors that you have to do the RF needling on the scars again after subcision? Is there a bad effect of doing it this way aside from the fact that my scars weren't raised in the first place and i didn't get much improvement from it?

edit: I personally had RF microneedling done 4ish times, then he did 2 rounds of subcision afterwards. now he wants to use vivace on me but im thinking i might just go to Adrian Lim in Sydney (urepublic). I suppose what Im trying to ask is, is there any implications from me doing RF needling first? Can I not do it again in the future?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/19/2019 12:23 pm

@JustSomeNameI think that's a good idea, perhaps consult a few drs there in SYD and pick one you like.

Rf needlingI don't think your scars were targeted properly. I would do manual methods like tca cross or punch excision over rf needling. 4 of them with no results is not good. Even if treatment was out of order or your practioner was bad, I don't think they targeted your scars. As such I would have you do laser like CO2 or Erbium over the rf needling at this time"After" you do several manual treatments.

RF needling is a very tricky device to get right, if they are too low it will do nothing or get rid of fat, ... too high and in your skin type discoloration or surface issues. But you should have seen"some" response, I would move to a different procedure unless your Dr is confident they can treat you w/ this. Consult a few Drs 😉

You can do it at any time, ... the point is doing treatments that you respond to, do manual methods first.

MemberMember
(@rishima-chadhagmail-com)

Posted : 04/16/2022 8:05 pm

Hey I'm from India too! What finally helped?