Notifications
Clear all

How can I get rid of these!!

MemberMember
(@popow)

Posted : 05/01/2019 11:44 pm

2455D414-3913-4C78-8746-238486614C5E.jpeg.ae0ddbfb410ca5a51e7b80e064dc58f9.jpeg

I had these small bumps over my chest for over a year now and they just won™t go away! I went to a dermatologist and they gave me a retinoid that I™ve used for a year and it didn™t do a thing. I even use 2% salicylic acid body wash and I don™t see anything happening from it either. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/02/2019 12:02 am

Do you have dandruff ? Have you taken antibiotics recently ? If so, the bumps are probably caused by a fungus called malasezzia (which also causes dandruff). Terbenafine cream (lamisil) should get rid of the bumps. Do you live in the US ?

MemberMember
(@popow)

Posted : 05/02/2019 10:37 pm

22 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Do you have dandruff ? Have you taken antibiotics recently ? If so, the bumps are probably caused by a fungus called malasezzia (which also causes dandruff). Terbenafine cream (lamisil) should get rid of the bumps. Do you live in the US ?

No I dont have dandruff and no I havent taken antibiotics either. And yes I live in the US.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/02/2019 11:48 pm

Buy some lamisil cream (or other terbenafine cream) and apply it to the affected areas 2-3 times a day. Even though you have not taken antibiotics (which cause outbreaks of malasezzia) the condition looks like malasezzia. Malasezzia is a fungus. Lamisil cream is perfectly safe to use topically. See if it solves your problem. I think it will, but if it does not, get back to me.

Do you have flaking skin, especially around your eyebrows ? Are the affected areas itchy ? Have you taken prednisone (anti-inflammatory corticosteroid) or other steroids? I presume you are male ? Taking birth control pills can also cause the problem...

Regardless of your answers to my questions above, I would buy some lamisil cream, and apply the lamisil cream to the affected areas, because terbenafine cream is perfectly safe, and a tube or two is not expensive. You don't need a prescription in the US for terbenafine cream (lamisil or other brand name cream). Keep the affected areas dry - you can dust them in corn (maize) flour, if you wish, after showering.

MemberMember
(@markdenver)

Posted : 05/03/2019 7:00 am

A friend of mine is facing this issue

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/03/2019 10:34 pm

Do you mean your friend has the same skin symptoms as Popow (above) ?

Has your friend taken antibiotics ? Does he/she have dandruff and/or a white tongue ??

The skin problem (which is caused by fungal outbreak) is usually triggered by taking antibiotics (which compromise one's immune system by killing "good" bacteria) , but it can be caused by taking birth control pills, contraceptive implants, or taking body building steroids or corticosteroids such as prednisone, and possibly by taking accutane (and by chemotherapy for cancer).

If your friend has dandruff and no white tongue (plus the skin symptoms) then he should apply topical lamisil cream to the affected areas of skin. If your friend has a white tongue and no dandruff plus the skin symptoms, then he/she should apply nystatin antifungal cream (if he/she can get it), rather than terbenafine cream, to the affected areas of skin. If he/she cannot get nystatin cream then he/she should apply clotrimazole cream to the affected areas.

Dandruff indicates that the skin problem is caused by malasezzia fungus. White coating on tongue (and possibly unexplained tiredness and/or headaches and/or irritable bowel syndrome/digestive problems ??) indicates that the problem is caused by candida fungus.

I can provide more information if you get back to me with answers to my questions above.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/04/2019 8:12 pm

This thread is not about removing scars.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 05/07/2019 7:13 am

Do you weight lift? If you are using whey protein that can cause acne prone people to break out

MemberMember
(@jessicajohns)

Posted : 05/08/2019 6:35 am

Acne_vulgaris_on_a_very_oily_skin.jpg.4b9451711198ef886e8aa02b79b20b67.jpg

By watching carefully, it seems to be Acne. Normally acne is a skin condition that leads to developing pimples on the face, neck chest, and shoulders, etc. By using some home remedies, you can get rid of Acne-like neem oil, castor oil, and olive oil. 

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/08/2019 7:02 pm

It looks like fungal acne to me, not ordinary acne. Try applying antifungal cream, such a clotrimazole. Do not use oil - that will make the problem worse.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/24/2019 10:38 pm

Popoow and JessicaJohns

Organiclear is just benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide does NOT treat fungal acne.

Do NOT USE OILS ON FUNGAL ACNE - FUNGAL ACNE FEEDS ON ORGANIC OILS.

PLEASE BUY SOME CLOTRIMAZOLE ANTIFUNGAL CREAM (canesten or similar) AND SOME TERBENAFINE ANTIFUNGAL CREAM (lamisil or similar) AND APPLY THAT MIXTURE TO THE AFFECTED AREAS OF YOUR SKIN. KEEP THE AFFECTED AREAS OF YOUR SKIN VERY DRY. FUNGUS LOVES MOISTURE

Also wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

Antifungal crreams are TOTALLY SAFE. YOU have everything to gain and nothing to lose by applying the antifungal creams. "Just do it".

I am happy to hear back from you