Notifications
Clear all

Is excision option for my ugly scar ?? What should I do ??

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/01/2019 9:44 pm

Hi, 

Even though I have many other scar on my face , i am not bothered about others .

I had reaction to tretenoin cream, may be i applied more , it created this big black nasty commedon type thing , it had happened to me earlier also in same area earlier , but at that time I was not able to figure out , so I had two big black comedons in same area , both of time I didn't went to doctor and used dermaroller over it. And the result is in attached file.

Now after almost year i am afraid of using any cream .

It is very ugly scar, i am fair skin guy , but that part is black, i am so diprreesd , i don't want to treat my other scars , just tell me how can I fix this extrem right corner scar , can I go for surgery ??

So far I have done 6 dermaroller with prp , with local dermatologist , 1 subscison with prp , last one helped me to improve my pigmentation.

But I want to get rid of this scar.

Please help 

sketch-1556764046653.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2019 10:35 am

I will leave this quote from the other post you made (See below). You mainly have boxcars, some rolling scars, many icepicks, and hyperpigmentation.

I would simply do subcision on your many times including the scar closest to your ear, combined with tca cross for your icepicks and tiny box cars. I would also do some low density co2 laser many passes over the scars and some rf microneedling. Perhaps some pulse dye laser for your hyperpigmentation issues or picosure / picoway is a great laser for your skintype. This just looks like hyperpigmetnation to me with a slow healing wound. It needs to be lasered and hydroquinone used. Treatment is over 3 years. It will take many treatments, do not do any more microneedling if that is not helping, rf needling is more like a laser than needling above, and protects the epidermis. See a good Dr. I have a feeling whoever is doing this is not experienced treating scars. Get 3 consultations and pick the best Dr.

Dermastamping alone even with prp will do nothing for these scars, .. it is used in conjunction with other treatments, you need laser. PRP does not help one improve pigmentation.

@Ravi.kumar.engineer Be very careful comparing your scar condition to others. There are many factors that come into play. (Scalpel free hand cutting out tissue)Surgical exicsion is the riskiest procedure one can have. Why do you think plastic surgeon's hide the scars in the hair for a facelift. Results can be terrible. It's very dependent on the surgeon and they should be a plastic surgeon who knows how to do multiple kinds of "stitches," geometric closures. It is high risk, Whenever we cut there are possibilities of infection, loss of pigment (especially in ethnic patients), healing poorly, deformed closure, unsuccessful closure that needs to be revised. IF someone has areas all over their face, that can be a nightmare The larger the area the more the risk. It also depends how you heal, sensitivity, and your health concerns. IF you have one spot sure it could do well, many areas could be a nightmare. Always test patch a small scar before doing several. They always take more tissue (Excision) than the scar so be prepared for a larger area of healing or a larger linear scar. Note below there will be possible pigmentation issues, a linear scar still, and the wound is not healing up fully. That linear scar if not undermined properly can diviot, dog ears, stitch hypro and hyperpigmentation, pulling with skin tension (deform), or never blend in. Some people are prone to hypertrophic scarring when they do this as they set the body up to over produce scar tissue. I normally say do this last if everything else fails (other treatments) and you are willing to take on the risk of side effects (See above about test scar). Any surgery makes new scars.

image.png.0013c29a1e772f40a4fc2ba0d1138b3d.png   image.png.1437ef9d5ddecc43c248b65435c9d5bc.png

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/02/2019 12:36 pm

Thanks @beautifulambition for your kind reply. I appreciate all the efforts you make for us scar people. Also please suggest some way if I can do thing in return.

Now let me accumulate all the things you suggested .

1) my right end scar have pigmentation agree . Actually I didn't included but I had one session of Medlite laser ( that's brand i guess ) , do you think I should continue that it is some 60$ in India ?? And my skin too sensitive , will hydroquinone irritate skin ?? Can you please tell me the name of any cream with only hydroquinone ??

2) do you think that my corner scar is still healing ?? This scar is deepest on my chick . It is 1 year old and I still get itching there. I can send you some other photo if you want , but some how I want to improve this scar .

3) just subscison is pretty cheap here in India , i can go for many times , how often should I do and how many times should I do ?? Please let me know. Also if I add any filler , can I see major improvement ?? Also subscison with cupping will be useful here ??

4) most of derms here in India offer erbium laser , can I go for it ?? Also I want to reduce that corner scar in size, will it help.

I understood that my options are lasers, TCA and subscison, over 3 years ?? Will fillers benefit me ? Here in India some clinics also offer Korean derma fillers , will you recommend it ??

Also sir/ma'am can you please give me a plan that I can follow , again I would be most happy if I can improve that corner scar , other scars don't bother me much .

Also , I was much excited about excision because I found this guy on Google , and people were calling him artist , magician in surgery , who is driven by passion. I checked on Google reviews :

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+taulins+clinic+bengaluru+karnataka&oq=the+taulins&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.3251j0j9&client=ms-android-motorola-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#trex=m_tThe%20Taulins%20Clinic

Regards,

Ravi

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/03/2019 10:56 am

@Ravi.kumar.engineer

Replying from the other person's head to your post....

That is life and how the body heals, there is no magic wand or quick treatment,incremental procedures, ... it's a long journey. It's sad your skipping over treatments that could help you in order to have surgery thinking this is a better solution. I have helped many who have had severe side effects from doing this by unscrupulous Drs or poor healing. This is a last ditch sort of thing, like your willing to take a risk. I don't see that you have done many treatments for scars first like manual methods, laser, etc. I did read in yor other post your found a plastic surgeon who does this sort of thing, why not hold off until your try some subcision first. I would not leave your job to do this, ... it's incredibly stressful and there is nothing perfect. There are thousands of scientists working on all sorts of anti-aging solutions that never really make it as they are pointless. Can you imagine, you heal scars and then that cascades into anti-aging and fountain of youth... Not there. Secondly Engineers make great money. Get your money - in demand there and be able to be treated by good Drs. Checkout the scarless healing thread, I do not discuss these things here as it's pointless. They have been talking about stem cells, creams, and potions for years and it never materials and they get depressed. They expect perfection or nothing else, lots of cases need mental support or are delusional. Stem cells have been used since the 90s in rejuvenation with little improvement over all to scars.

[removed]

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

y one every year with your at home DIY plan.

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/04/2019 9:11 am

@beautifulambitionthanks a lot for giving me plan . I will now work on that.

1) can you please tell me if I go subscison with fillers will it give me some boost specially for my box car / rolling ?? Atleast for 6 months ??

2) after that can I countine mnrf and medlite/picosure lasers ?? Mnrf at 3 months interval and picosure may be 3 weeks ?? Does it sounds good ??

3) can I countinue doing subscison even if I have fillers once ?? At 3 months interval ??

Bacisally i am refering to this video of dr. Davin lim :

Is it possible to me follow this plan replacing laser with mnrf and adding picosure laser ??

Again thanks a lot. Thanks for making me aware of excision issues.

May be one day we will meet for cup of coffee / beer .

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/04/2019 9:28 am

@Ravi.kumar.engineer

1) I don't know what this means, you need 3-8 subcisions, this isn't a quick thing. 3-8 of them spaced out 3 months apart. you choose if you want to do filler after or Chinese cupping for a month after. I don't know how you heal. Nothing is mono(single based) treatment in acne scars, it's variable.

2) Sure, ... but again it depends on your Dr. IF they are crap, the results will be crap. It's not universal. You can't see something online and expect that with every Dr. The Dr's skill matters the most, and I hear that is hardest to find in India. Give it a try, then you can get surgical methods with your"" magic man dr"" if needed.

3) OF course you continue doing subcision, see above #1. Do not refer to videos by Dr Lim, he is not treating you, ... if you want him to treat you fly to see him. He will not treat you like any other Dr would (people often try to replicate things they don't understand are complex, the master vs the apprentice "other Drs"). He does unconventional things. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. The principles are the same I am giving you. IF you fly to Lim and have only a weekend he "may" do 5 things at once, why because that's all the time you have and he can take that risk. Is it optimal, probably not. But then your gone. We heal extremely slowly. The biggest mistake I see is patients buying into Dr's Bull'Sh... that you can be treated with magical devices once and be done. Not how it works, would be nice though.

4) The plan is fullly optional, ... this is your plan. Some things may not work for you, some may. Dr's may not listen to my advice and do their own thing. It's a roadmap. As such if you want to rf microneedling and picosure great, I offered the other laser(S) as you may need a boost or may not respond from _____.

Your very welcome!

Keep your eye on the prize, you have options, use them. IF you need to do excision, you have that as a option, I am warning those who go startoff there as I have had to deal with the outcome and it can be terrible for some, some accept the results.

I want you to do derma stampingand glycolic peels as well between treatments.

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 12/03/2019 6:54 am

Hello @beautifulambition

How are you doing , so I did subscison few days back with a plastic surgeon , this time it was very intensive , my face is still swollen.

He said I can repeat same treatment after 3 months.

I have few questions for you :

1) does oral collagen supplements works in scar healing ?? As per your knowledge ?

2) Can we apply niacinamide serum straight after microneedling ? I know retin A is big no no.

3) which MNRF machine do you recommend . I found secret RF in my area.

I Will keep doing subscison.

Thanks,

Ravi

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 12/03/2019 12:20 pm

Also one more question BA suppose I want filler for one or two scars only which one will be good ??

MemberMember
(@hugocristobal)

Posted : 12/04/2019 7:13 pm

On 5/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, beautifulambition said:

@Ravi.kumar.engineer

Replying from the other person's head to your post....

That is life and how the body heals, there is no magic wand or quick treatment,incremental procedures, ... it's a long journey. It's sad your skipping over treatments that could help you in order to have surgery thinking this is a better solution. I have helped many who have had severe side effects from doing this by unscrupulous Drs or poor healing. This is a last ditch sort of thing, like your willing to take a risk. I don't see that you have done many treatments for scars first like manual methods, laser, etc. I did read in yor other post your found a plastic surgeon who does this sort of thing, why not hold off until your try some subcision first. I would not leave your job to do this, ... it's incredibly stressful and there is nothing perfect. There are thousands of scientists working on all sorts of anti-aging solutions that never really make it as they are pointless. Can you imagine, you heal scars and then that cascades into anti-aging and fountain of youth... Not there. Secondly Engineers make great money. Get your money - in demand there and be able to be treated by good Drs. Checkout the scarless healing thread, I do not discuss these things here as it's pointless. They have been talking about stem cells, creams, and potions for years and it never materials and they get depressed. They expect perfection or nothing else, lots of cases need mental support or are delusional. Stem cells have been used since the 90s in rejuvenation with little improvement over all to scars.

[removed]

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

y one every year with your at home DIY plan.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:35 PM, beautifulambition said:

I will leave this quote from the other post you made(See below). You mainly have boxcars, some rolling scars, many icepicks, and hyperpigmentation.

I would simply do subcision on your many times including the scar closest to your ear, combined with tca cross for your icepicks and tiny box cars.I would also do some low density co2 laser many passes over the scars and some rf microneedling. Perhaps some pulse dye laser for your hyperpigmentation issues or picosure / picoway is a great laser for your skintype. This just looks like hyperpigmetnation to me with a slow healing wound. It needs to be lasered and hydroquinone used. Treatment is over 3 years. It will take many treatments, do not do any more microneedling if that is not helping, rf needling is more like a laser than needling above, and protects the epidermis. See a good Dr. I have a feeling whoever is doing this is not experienced treating scars. Get 3 consultations and pick the best Dr.

Dermastamping alone even with prp will do nothing for these scars, .. it is used in conjunction with other treatments, you need laser. PRP does not help one improve pigmentation.

What do you think about the excision of scars for small scars and that are markedly separated from one another?