Benzoyl Peroxide ma...

Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide makes my skin oily?

MemberMember
(@acnefreeiwillbe)

Posted : 05/01/2019 8:55 am

Hello,

I've been using acne.org regimen for 5 years and I decided to get off the regimen and at first my skin looked great but eventually, acne started showing up again so I decided to go back on the regimen.

When I stopped using the regimen I stopped using the moisturizer as well (which I think I was applying in too big of quantities) and my skin was less oily, actually it was not oily at all.

I went back on the regimen with a small dose without moisturizer just to test things and I noticed that my face is getting oily, I was shocked! How is this possible? I thought the effect was dry skin.

I started using a very light moisturizer for oily skin today because I know we should still moisturize even with oily skin.

Is this just a side effect of BP that will subside after a month or so?

I will be buying a cleanser for oily skin and a good toner - does anyone have any recommendations?

Any other advice?

I'm curious to know how much can we actually control the oily skin so the skin is not oily anymore, is this possible?

This is very frustrating since for those 2-3 weeks that I was off the BP and moisturizer my skin looked amazing.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 05/04/2019 5:14 am

Hello AcneFreeIWillBe,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. If you are experiencing oiliness, you may use less of the Acne.org Moisturizer or you may also buyoil absorbing pads which you may use throughout the day.

MemberMember
(@acnefreeiwillbe)

Posted : 05/04/2019 11:26 am

Yeah, the thing is that the skin got oily without even using the moisturizer. No using the moisturizer a little bit but very little improvement. I'm quite shocked that BP was the reason for the oily skin - how can you explain that?

Thanks.