Notifications
Clear all

Raised acne scar (Hypertrophic scar)

MemberMember
(@vidhya93)

Posted : 04/29/2019 5:01 pm

I am struggling with raised acne scars (hypertrophic I guess). I tried multiple times micro needling and microdermabrasion, but I don't see any difference on those scars. 

I attached pictures of my skin.

Now I want to know the right treatments for my skin and i need a recommendation on some creams/moisturizer as well.

One Doubt:

Currently, I am using salicylic acid to peel my skin, which shows my scars even worse as well as very dry skin, after two days it comes to normal. I just want to know, whether it is a normal symptom for this acid. 

Many many thanks!!!

raised scar 2.jpg

raised scar 3.jpg

raised scar 4.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/30/2019 10:33 am

@Vidhya93This is hypertorphic or pebble stone scarring. you can have the areas injected with a over dilute steriod to flatten them. Then they would do a laser procedure to flatten the remaining texture. You cannot just do laser on your skin or it would be ruined. Another technique is steriod drip and laser at the same time. Electro surgery can scrape them off or excision to cut them out. Surgery of course has more side effects than the first treatment. Stop using acid peels and microneedling, ... this stimulates hypertophic scarring(more of them). Please see a experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Vidhya93 liked
MemberMember
(@vidhya93)

Posted : 04/30/2019 3:27 pm

Will it be healed by itselfsometime in the future? If yes, how long it will take to heal?

Currently, i am living in germany, so its very difficult to find an experienced dermatologist. Any advice on finding the right dermatologist for me, because i have meet already some, but they don't provide any treatments for those scars. They always say microdermabrasion is enough.

Thanks a ton!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/01/2019 10:22 am

@Vidhya93No it won't

Find a cosmetic dermatologist, not a normal dermatologist. They do beauty procedures and have lasers. Sadly many in Germany travel to Dr Emil in Denmark to get treatment, or Dr Anil in the UK.

Call the office and ask do you do steriod injections for hypertrophic pebblestone scars. Look a the reviews online. Search Instagram, and youtube for hypertrophic scars and ___(city in Germany).

No you do not want to microdermabration this. You need to shrink down the scar and then use laser or electro suergery. No peel at home will fix this alone, etc.

Welcome!

Vidhya93 liked