Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars with Dr. Peter Rullan

MemberMember
(@findingjahslight)

Posted : 04/29/2019 12:02 pm

Suffered from a severe chemical burn when I was 15. It left permanent textural damage and scarring. I also have scars from cystic acne and I've been struggling with treating them for a while. I've done 8 micro-needling sessions with maybe 8 percent improvement. I did my first acne scar treatment with Dr. Peter Rullan back in March. It takes 3-6 months to see major improvements but I've noticed a definite softening of my scars. They also appear more shallow. I realize patience is everything when treating scars you've had for a decade or a few months. It just takes time and a lot of self-love, even when it'shard. I made a video of my treatment with Dr. Rullan to help others who are struggling. This doctor was hard to find and I wish I would've found him years ago. [Edited video out]

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 04/29/2019 1:39 pm

So happy for you dear! The difference is obvious, hope it stays that way.I watched this video and compared with mine Prp/needling/Sub/cross procedure.. the order is different from yours so every Dr. does it in its own way I guess..

-Sub was with Nokor which left flatnew scars in the insertion points and Cannula you had was inserted in one place only. Any marks left after Cannula insertion? You looked swollen after but still bearable and not blue,I could not open my eyes the next day so bad the swelling was and had it for 3days. How long has ur swelling last?

-Your needling was performed on the scars only. In my case Dr didon the whole face needling 2mm which caused more issues- new lines and marks. Now I see the proofthat needling could be done on the separate scars(areas) and it is no need to needle the whole face every time.

-What % of carbolicwas used in cross? What tool was used? How did it heal? In my case tca cross 90%healed fully after 3 months leaving the most scars the same and some deeper and wider.

- prf(prp). As I see it was injected deep and quite a bitwith every injection,also in the scared area only and obviously u did not have pain from it. In my case Dr. Injectedit all over the face quicklysticking the needle quitedeep whichvery painful. Did u notice faster healing from it?

Thank you very much for this video, also thank you foryour Dr. that he allowed to do that, not every Dr.does.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 04/29/2019 1:56 pm

Hi @findingjahslight can I please know where your dr is?

MemberMember
(@leslie19)

Posted : 04/29/2019 3:24 pm

1 hour ago, Reiha said:

Not OP but hes in Chula Vista, CA.

Amazing Dr. & his staff is great too!

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 04/30/2019 12:05 am

The crackling sounds yummy.

MemberMember
(@findingjahslight)

Posted : 05/02/2019 5:51 pm

On 4/29/2019 at 11:56 AM, Reiha said:

He's located in Chula Vista, San Diego area! https://www.drrullan.com/

On 4/29/2019 at 11:56 AM, Reiha said:

On 4/29/2019 at 10:05 PM, Vidrar said:

The crackling sounds yummy.

It was disturbing to say the least

MemberMember
(@findingjahslight)

Posted : 05/02/2019 6:10 pm

On 4/29/2019 at 11:39 AM, Sibel said:

So happy for you dear! The difference is obvious, hope it stays that way.I watched this video and compared with mine Prp/needling/Sub/cross procedure.. the order is different from yours so every Dr. does it in its own way I guess..

-Sub was with Nokor which left flatnew scars in the insertion points and Cannula you had was inserted in one place only. Any marks left after Cannula insertion? You looked swollen after but still bearable and not blue,I could not open my eyes the next day so bad the swelling was and had it for 3days. How long has ur swelling last?

-Your needling was performed on the scars only. In my case Dr didon the whole face needling 2mm which caused more issues- new lines and marks. Now I see the proofthat needling could be done on the separate scars(areas) and it is no need to needle the whole face every time.

-What % of carbolicwas used in cross? What tool was used? How did it heal? In my case tca cross 90%healed fully after 3 months leaving the most scars the same and some deeper and wider.

- prf(prp). As I see it was injected deep and quite a bitwith every injection,also in the scared area only and obviously u did not have pain from it. In my case Dr. Injectedit all over the face quicklysticking the needle quitedeep whichvery painful. Did u notice faster healing from it?

Thank you very much for this video, also thank you foryour Dr. that he allowed to do that, not every Dr.does.

Hi Sibel! Thank you so much for your response. I don't have any marks where he inserted the cannula. I had a small Kenalog injection into my hip right before the procedure was done and it helped bring down swelling tremendously. My swelling overall lasted about one full week, with unnoticeable residual swelling for two. Ihad 8 micro-needling sessions prior to meeting Dr. Peter Rullan.I felt micro-needlingsoftened the appearance of my scars by maybe 8 percent?But, the doctornever did my whole face.

To be honest, I am not sure of the percentage of Carbolic for the cross, but I believe it was fairly low. I'm sorry to hear about your TCA experience! That is so frustrating and troubling when we are relying on our doctor's skillset to help us achieve what we're trusting and paying them to do.I was afraid of scars widening/deepening, butRullan primarily sticks with Carbolic for this very reason. He's a great doctor, I would definitely check him out.

My healing was faster than I expected - most likely because of the PRF. Scabs flaked off around 5-7 days. Bruising persisted for a 1-2weeks but was mild. I was able to start wearing makeup within a week of my procedure. I avoided it though because I didn't want it to clog up my pores. If I'm being conservativeI'd say 5 days of downtime before wanting to return to work. 7 days at the most... But, everyone's skin reacts and heals uniquely. I still have apparent scarring, and I think..... If you are wanting to do something more aggressive with fewer treatments, I'd research Dr. Rullan's phenol peel. It's INTENSE. And you're down for 2 weeks, eating food out of a straw basically. However, I'm talking to him about possibly doing a spot treatment with the phenol to really zero in on my scar zones without having to do myentire face.

A few years ago I suffered from fat atrophy caused by an over-injection of Kenalog into my left cheek where a cyst was. I had Dr. Rullan treat this area with a saline injection but did not put that in the video. I am going to make a separate video discussing that procedure and experience as well.

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@connectland)

Posted : 05/02/2019 7:35 pm

Interesting @ saline for fat loss. I found this: Localized fat loss (no on face) treated with saline injection study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4809393/

Cool read.

Do you have a before shot of your scarring? Like in harsh lighting? Good luck!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/03/2019 11:12 am

@connectlandThat is a bogus paper, saline does NOTHING for fat loss on the face. I have helped and _________ thousands. Saline is used for atrophy, the OP said it was used for the same purpose. One does not magically grow back fat. Or we would not need filler and just shoot everyone up with saline. Where I do agree is cortisone atrophy with saline injections. We have a mega post top of the scar treatments sub with soooooooooooo many pages stating the same thing, same papers. Coristone atrophy is in the dermis not FAT.

MemberMember
(@ecopublicistmail-com)

Posted : 06/19/2020 11:16 pm

So you didnt use any filler for spacing @findingjahslight