Notifications
Clear all

First TCA Cross with Dr Anil , he was friendly and professional

MemberMember
(@taylor_uk)

Posted : 04/27/2019 12:05 pm

I had my first TCA Cross with Dr Anil in London Thursday just gone , he was very friendly and professional , I™d recommend him for sure , I need more treatments but I™m hopeful 

5B2CCD53-72FB-4977-84EE-FABA0AE8E553.png

MemberMember
(@avvy1)

Posted : 04/28/2019 5:46 am

@taylor_ukhope the treatment went well and you see some improvement!

Glad to hear you recommend him, I am still considering him so that is good to hear!

MemberMember
(@taylor_uk)

Posted : 04/28/2019 5:51 am

hes one of a few in the uk that does the treatment, the scars are scabbing now

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 05/05/2019 11:26 am

Hey Taylor, are you happy with the results? I'm considering tca cross myself and I could really use the input. Hope everything went well :)

MemberMember
(@taylor_uk)

Posted : 05/05/2019 5:04 pm

Hi freshman, Ive only had one treatment but Id say there is a 20% improvement already, I need more treatments to see better improvement, are you in the uk ?

freshman liked
MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/05/2019 6:27 pm

@taylor_uk I™m glad to hear you™re happy with your treatment, but I thought to just say my opinion, as I had also had TCA treatment a month ago, I™d say that after peeling and swelling is gone, then you can see the real results and it™s very early for you to inform your results, you need to wait at least 3 weeks for permanent results as it will change up to 3 weeks .. and I™d love to hear from you after 3 weeks! Good luck to you and I hope we be scar free one day! :) 

MemberMember
(@kirabear)

Posted : 05/07/2019 4:36 am

hey were the spots where he put the tcs solution onslighty raised and bumpy? or all are flat?

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 05/21/2019 10:10 am

On 5/6/2019 at 12:04 AM, taylor_uk said:

Hi freshman, I™ve only had one treatment but I™d say there is a 20% improvement already, I need more treatments to see better improvement, are you in the uk ?

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. I'm not in the UK, I'm in Serbia. Almost no one does TCA cross here though, so I would have to travel. Glad you see improvement. :)

MemberMember
(@currybeard)

Posted : 06/12/2019 4:08 pm

HiTaylor, I wonder how you are getting on now please? I was also looking at going to Dr Anil. I have had 1 session with Emil Henningsen but he's in Denmark so it was a bit of a mission. I love the idea of going to someone in England, I'm a 2 hour train journey to London. My issue is scars in the creaseof my nose caused by laser burns. They are not super deep more like large scarred pores but very noticeable, I'd love to know how you are getting on and what your after care was. : )

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 06/13/2019 4:56 am

Dear@taylor_ukId also want to hear from you. Do you get improvement after each treatment with him? And does he provide after care? Because Chu doesnt provide any after care..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/13/2019 1:14 pm

@currybeardDr Emil is more experienced that Dr Anil, ... Dr Anil provides basic acne scar services but is a cosmetic Dr. Dr Emil provides a great deal of his practice to Acne Scars. The choice is yours. They both do TCA Cross for the nose. Start with Anil if you wish or TCA Cross or seen DR H Consults in London who specializes in laser.

MemberMember
(@currybeard)

Posted : 06/13/2019 1:42 pm

Hi BA, thanks for this. Yes I had a free consult with Dr Anil today, very last minute I was in London. I'm glad it was free as I definitely came away feeling less than convinced, I've already had a first tca with Emil and I was really impressed with him so I'll make the journey back to Denmark for sure for another treatment. Thanks for your advice.

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 06/13/2019 1:55 pm

10 minutes ago, currybeard said:

Hi BA, thanks for this. Yes I had a free consult with Dr Anil today, very last minute I was in London. I'm glad it was free as I definitely came away feeling less than convinced, I've already had a first tca with Emil and I was really impressed with him so I'll make the journey back to Denmark for sure for another treatment. Thanks for your advice.

@currybeardso did you have the feeling that dr.anil was less experienced and maybeoverall not a caring doctor?

Could you elaborate?

Thanks a lot!

MemberMember
(@currybeard)

Posted : 06/13/2019 2:09 pm

hi, I felt that he was quite dismissive of my concerns, rushed (I was in there less than 15 mins but he kept looking at the clock), it's free and was quite apparent it was free.He was pleasant enough, and did agree to see me last minute,I just didn't find his knowledge convincing, so as pleasant as he was I would be a tiny bit nervous of the outcome, I've had various procedures over the years and trying to sort my skin has been hard work, I'm tired of cosmetic doctors and their demeanor, the reason I'm in this mess is due to 2 botched laser treatments.Dr Henningsen stood out as a rare one that actually gave a shit! Hope that helps.

what are you looking at having done?

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 06/13/2019 5:59 pm

@currybeard 

Yeah that definitely helps a lot. I'm from Germany and after reading many comments and things I'm quite convinced that I'll be seeing Dr.Henningsen instead of anyone in the UK... I just hope he will start injecting Sculptra when I start my treatment (currently on Accutane).

I'm going towards having Subcision, TCA Cross, Sculptra (possibly low density Co2 Laser) in my first 4-6 Treatments with Microneedling and Peels in between Dr's visits... After that I will have to see how things go, like how I heal and things like that.

I dont want to take over and spam this thread so if you have any questions just pm me ^_^

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/05/2019 5:39 am

@taylor_ukhow are the results now? and is this dr anil bajh-raja

@beautifulambitionhi ive noticed in the thread youve mentioned dr anil and his name has came up in other replies u have given...hes a doctor u have said is in the UK is it dr anil badh-raja

thanks so much in advance

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/05/2019 10:45 am

@khadija_tYes that is Dr Anil, he does a standard package of manual treatments, a good place to start. You may need laser and I would go elsewhere for that, there is Dr H consults and Dr Emil is good in Denmark, ... several other providers are in the FAQ - bottom of that, in the main scar treatments sub, I always suggest consulting with a few Dr's and picking the one you like best before treating.

-BA

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/05/2019 11:23 am

@beautifulambitionthanks so much for ur reply!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/05/2019 11:55 am

@beautifulambitioni just wondered how you make ur recommendations?

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 07/06/2019 6:33 am

Dr.Anil knows Pr.Chu very well, they work in the same place. He studied from him.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/06/2019 10:35 am

@SibelWhile he studied one procedure with him,"subcision," so did Emil hahahaha. . This means nothing. These Dr's specialized in their own fields separate of Chu. Chu was the pioneer of Subcision, I know you guys find it so incredibly hard to believe. He is old and tired, to many patients perhaps and just does not want to deal with it. Regarding Anil he is great and owns many locations in the UK - NOT the same spot as Chu alone, Chu rents from him and is partially retired! He also does filler, cannula sub, and uses energy devices so please do no misinform people on Anil. He is not more advanced for energy devices as I have said many times like a top laser Dr, but is a great place to start or for someone who does not like lasers.

@khadija_tIf you need a custom recommendation either PM me or make your own post please. All recommendations are by helping thousands of people here and their skill and knowledge of the latest treatments that are NOT standard laser dermatologists. Dr H is a laser dermatologist FYI but he teaches other Dr's internationally how to do these procedures. I am giving you tools to research here. If you don't like them then search the review sites for providers. I am endorsed as a expert in this field by Dr Lim a top 1% acne scar provider. See 3 scar providers and pick the one you like best, ... not everyone likes the same person.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 07/06/2019 1:07 pm

BA, I just saw and heard dr.Anil and dr.Chu sitting and talking together in Skinmedico, did not mean to mislead anyone.

MemberMember
(@londonlife)

Posted : 07/07/2019 10:58 am

@Sibelyes, I saw Dr. Anil for an initial consultation there, he hasnow moved to his new(swish) premises on Turnham Green Terrace, just 1 minute away from theold clinic.

MemberMember
(@preciousrubies)

Posted : 09/28/2019 6:02 pm

Just wanted to give my recent experience with Dr. Anil. He was pleasant enough and I went ahead and had him perform my first treatment of TCA CROSS, but I wasn't overwhelmed with his bedside manner (I visited his Birmingham location). First off, I waited 30 minutes in an empty waiting room to be seen, and when he finally came down, he apologised by claiming that he didn't know I was there, even though I told the receptionist and she assured me that she had alerted him to my arrival. 

A bit of a backstory: we'd had a brief email conversation where I told him that I wanted to travel from Manchester to see him about potentially doing a TCA CROSS treatment. When I was finally seen, he acted confused when he found out that I was from Manchester, claiming he swore I was from Birmingham. He then abruptly said "excuse me a second," then disappeared for a good 5-10 minutes, leaving my alone in the treatment room.

When he came back, he jumped right in, asked me to hold up a mirror to my face and point out the scars that were concerning me. He didn't really do his own analysis of my skin, put my scars under the light, or recommend any sort of combined treatment method. He then just said "well, I have 30% or 90% TCA, and I recommend the 90%, so shall we go ahead?"

Mind you, he hadn't given me any pre-care instructions, and he didn't explain the treatment to me or what to expect (luckily I'd done my research and I knew about things like frosting). He DID explain the associated risks and had me sign a waver, but other than that, no other real formal care or education of what I was about to experience. I had to ask him if it would hurt, how soon I should wear makeup-- none of this info was offered up by him. I don't even think he fully wiped down both sides of my face to make sure it was clean of oils before he got started. The one thing I will say in his favour was that he held up a mirror to me and asked me to make sure that he hadn't missed any scars, so that at least felt like he was being thorough.

I also asked him if he had any SPF after the treatment as I know there is a risk of pigmentation afterwards when exposed to the sun, and I had a two-hour drive home, and he just said "you won't need it in this weather," which I thought was a bit dismissive. Yes it was overcast, but your skin is still exposed to the sun's rays, and I'd just had acid put onto my skin, so SPF is a reasonable precaution.

He was friendly enough, and he saw me out by telling me to email him if I had any questions or concerns, but overall, I felt pretty dismissed, rushed, and poorly informed. When I asked him about aftercare, he just sent me an email with a list of aftercare instructions. Needless to say, I just didn't feel like he'd taken the time to look after me and help me make the most of my treatment. I'm anxious to go back to him for my second treatment, but it doesn't seem like anyone else in the UK offers TCA CROSS, which is frustrating. I'm originally from California and now wish I'd stayed just to get my treatments done by a better doctor. :(

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 09/29/2019 9:26 am

any updates on progression?