Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drewboy

YeeHaw, got my dermabrasion overwith!

Guest niko

If i wanted to about Australia i wouldn't have typed in acne.org lol eusa_wall.gif

SCARS PEOPLE, STRICTLY SCARS!

biggrin.gif

drewboy... damn man you have me scared to death of the pain

my derma is tomorrow!!!

did you find the washing painful also?

Well, its day 5 and some change post dermabrasion and my skin is healing nicely. Honestly it looks like I have just a normal sunburn on my cheeks. I finally got the courage to walk around the house in front of my parents and they both mentioned my skin looks great! Its funny because when I came home 2 days ago they didnt even know I was even having this procedure done.

My skin isnt swollen whatsoever and theres only about 5% of bloody type marks that remain (you guys who've had dermabrasion know what im talking about). The rest of my skin is just smooth pink brand new skin. Ive looked for remnants of my old scarring and I honestly cant see a hint of them. Dr. Y. did say that the scarring I have does see the greatest results with dermabrasion so Im not thinking its due to swelling (because there is no swelling!). I also had this bump on my jaw line for about 3 years that I had injected like 10 x's and it never went away. It alone bothered me more then my scarring and the dermabrasion removed it! I would have payed the price of dermabrasion just to have it removed! Im counting my many blessings now that I have that lump removed eusa_pray.gif

This is the smoothest I have ever seen my skin since like junior high, I am tottally greatful I had this procedure done. Best wishes to you guys and gals who plan on having this operation done! Also, when does your skin get to the point where your not embarrassed to go places?

BTW- John Sydney, how did your results come out?

Drew,

I don't know if you remember me. Anyway, I can't believe you did it. I had no idea you were. I haven't been on the Scar Forum in a long time. But, Congrats. I can't wait to see the pics. I'm so happy for you. Really. Merry Christmas.

drewboy... damn man you have me scared to death of the pain

my derma is tomorrow!!!

did you find the washing painful also?

Amazing improvement! Congratulations. smile.gif

Washing, I have experienced, is not painful

when your careful. Wash off the petroleum

jelly daily with luke warm water (if that's what

your doctor recommended) gently.

Guest niko

were your scars like rough skin? shallow craters? what were you dealing with

and congratulations on your success smile.gif

drewboy...

can you tell me how long your swelling lasted? (or anyone else)

I'm on day 3, that's the same day as my 2nd dressing change and I'm still very swollen. In fact, tonight seems more uncomfortable than last night.

I'm still very bloody too. How bloody were you after the final dressing was removed??

Thanks

Portlandboy

Drewboy-

Was Dr. Y at all leary about only doing the cheeks? I've read that he's not a big fan of spot treating- maybe he did it because you stated he said your scars were easy to treat. I am assuming he went down to the jaw line in order to prevent any line of demarcation. I would be concerned about the abraded area looking noticably different from the chin/forehead area...is it still too early to tell?

Thanks, cash

Update: Day 9 and a few hours post dermabrasion and things are going great! My skin continues to impress me each morning as I wake up and check the mirror. The dark red look has now faded into a soft pink which looks like a minor sunburn. There are no more bloody scabs and the Vaseline is no longer necessary. There is still somewhat of a noticeable line between the abraded skin and non, but certain areas are beginning to fade into normal looking skin. Today was the first day where I truly didn't mind strangers seeing me, although I’m still going to try and avoid people till day 14 post dermabrasion. As far as my scarring goes and my impressions, I am totally psyched I had this done! My face looks a million times smoother and the scarring has vastly improved. Id say about 90% improvement and I have no swelling, so if my skin remains this way I will be on top of the world!

GuardedlyOptimistic, Emmanuel & Mighty Duck, thanks for the compliments and suggestions, means a lot!

Vanguard20, niko & Wildcard, my skin is doing great! I’m about 9 days and a few hours post dermabrasion and I have all new pink skin. There is no swelling and I'd say about 90% improvement of scarring. I want to stress I honestly cant see my scarring! People say in other threads that this is due to their swelling, but I have no swelling. To sum it up, you know how sometimes you can catch the shadowing of your scarring in a car window on a sunny day or under a low lit light say in a hotel mirror? Well I don’t have that nasty reflection anymore, just nice smooth skin with a few minor indentions. niko, I'd say my indentions were more on the rough skin side, never did have the chickenpok skin look, just crazy shallow figured scars if that answers your question.

Portlandboy & yellow kid, never thought about colustrum, don’t even know what it is, just following the routine given me by Dr. Y and Cassandra, and my skin is healing at a rapid pace. Portlandboy, I don’t think I ever had any swelling, I guess I responded to the steroids given me quite well. Also, I only had the sides of my face done, if that makes any difference. I was never really uncomfortable at all after the procedure, but yes, I was a bloody mess during dressing changes. Day 2 & 3 I noticed new skin coming in and when I left New Orleans for good I had very dark pink skin with about 45% crusty blood areas. Don’t worry, your swelling will go down around day 5 or so, just take ALL your medications as prescribed.

cash, I also heard Dr. Y. wasn't a fan of spot treating, but he didn't seem to have a problem with doing my cheeks at all. As far as the areas treated, he went from my temples all the way down to the sides of my chin and around my jaw line, basically the whole sides of my face. I never really thought about the abraded area looking different from the rest of my face. I'd say up till day 7 post dermabrasion there was a huge noticeable difference, but now at day 9 (almost to day 10) you can see areas starting to blend in with the rest of my skin.

bump, just wanted to make sure yall saw that I answered yalls que's. (geez man, cant ya tell im from texas, hah)

Guest niko

thats awesome man...glad to hear its going so well.

yeah drewboy, thanks man.... Merry Christmas to ya.

My skin has already changed dramatically. Swelling is way down and healing is really occuring at a rapid pace. All I want for Xmas is scar-free skin... and I got it!!!

Are you planning on posting any pics for us?

Thanks Niko & Portland Boy,

I wish I had a digital camera to take pictures, but I dont! I will try and borrow one from my friend later on this evening and take some pictures.

Its now day 12 and will be day 13 post derm about 4:30 this evening. My skin is doing fine although I can see where the ol' scars I used to have are making their infamous return, although not near as bad. All of my shallow scars have been completely irradicated where-as the deeper ones appear, but are very very shallow. I'd still say about a 85-90% improvment overall. My skin is still pink but it improves everyday. I stayed at a friends house last night and his mom is a dermatologist and God, talk about embarrasing. She had to evaluate my face putting it under the bright kitchen light and she was extremely impressed with the texture of my skin. This morning she couldn't beleive the difference she saw in my skin tone just between last night and this morning. It heals that fast people.

Theres still a somewhat noticeable difference between the abraded and non-abraded skin but thats ok, its not nearly as noticeable. The line is the only thing holding me back from letting my caged personality out. I'm giving it another week or so to only be noticeable if you were looking for it.

So just to let you guys know Im still psyched about my results and am 10x's happier with my appearance. I'll try and have pics later on this evening or tommorow.

Later.

I stayed at a friends house last night and his mom is a dermatologist and God, talk about embarrasing. She had to evaluate my face putting it under the bright kitchen light and she was extremely impressed with the texture of my skin. This morning she couldn't beleive the difference she saw in my skin tone just between last night and this morning.

Drewboy-

Thanks for the reply- it does sound like it was worth the pain. As for the difference between the abraded and non-abraded skin...is there a difference in texture as well as color? I assume the color will eventually fade to what it once was, but will the appearance/feel of it (if that makes sense) match the surrounding skin?

Thanks,

cash

Hey Craig & Cash,

Thanks again for the compliments. Cash, the line between the abraded and non abraded skin is still pretty evident but is fading. Dr. Y went so high up on my cheeks the skin texture on my cheeks will be the same. My forehead and chin are the only area that werent abraded and the skin in those areas are fairly normal appearing. My friends mom whos a dermatologist said that the new skin will always have a lighter complexion, but it wont be noticeable unless you were analizing my skin with a magnifying glass or something. I'll update you guys on my progress in the next post.

Day 15 Post dermabrasion.

Still have fairly pink skin. Still looks like both my cheeks have been sunburned where-as the rest of my face (forehead, and draw a line down the middle of my face to the bottom of my chin) has been majically spared of the suns rays. It's kind of funny looking.

Each morning I notice little patches of skin loosing their pinkness and becoming more normal appearing, but its just small little patches. Im still healing very well and my scarring has dissapeared except the deep scars I had which are hardly visible now. A GREAT improvment!

I went out to eat last night with 8 friends and I was getting some pretty odd stares, but none of my friends said anything, which was kind of releiving. I still felt like I had a caged up personality because of my cheeks being so pink, but I cant help thinking in another 2 months or so this will All be over and I can work with my anxiety.

I also went in to Express today to buy some clothes, now that was embarasing. My skin peels hardcore after shaving and I had major flaky skin falling off when I was trying on some jeans and looked into the mirror. Hah, I just left the jeans in the dressing room and bolted to my car, HAH!

Still using tons of moisterizer and things are going great! I hope those of you considering dermabrasion agree to have this done. I am so happy I did and Im sure the others who just had the procedure will have similiar feelings. Feel free to IM me if you have any questions. I'll update you guys sometime after New Years. Have a safe and Happy New Years everyone! I'll be at a beach house, cant wait!

Drew

Portlandboy and drewboy..I am So Happy for you both on your success with dermabrasion.....After reading your posts..I am considering having dermabrasion in March or April with Dr. Y.....IF I can find someone that wants to travel with me.. smile.gif

Do either one of you have some pictures..? cool.gif

hey nodoubt, Thanks so much! Didnt expect for this thread to re-appear smile.gif Anyway, you can see some pics of me before dermabrasion in my photo gallery, but they are kind of useless as far as seeing scars.