Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bethanyrushes

Thinking of buying MAC Studio Fix

Hey I was thinking of getting MAC Studio Fix as everyone seems really taken with it, but how good is the coverage? I mean, can u still see the spots bad through it? and does concealer go on well on top of it? Thanks

Guest brokencocoon

I love my Studio Fix. It's the first make-up I've totally enjoyed using...and I'm on the total opposite end of things as far as breaking out with it. I swear to God it actually helps my skin!

No joke. wink.gif

Guest *Clara
Good coverage, great color selection.....breaks me out horribly

Guest brokencocoon
None of the MAC products are breaking you out. All of them are Non-acnegenic. The fact that you have acne is the only culprit.

MINERAL MAKEUP is the best for acne prone skin. Doesn't clog pores. That's what my friend told me.

Right now I'm makeup free. I'm also zit free thanks to my new routine using regular over the counter products. I added the links to my blog on BP FREE ACID FREE- ZIT FREE on the board hoping it can help others. Maybe now I can be a model again. I'm soooo happy. I want to tell the world. biggrin.gif QUEEN SHAZ AKA SLIM

I agree with the person that said that having "acnegenic" written on the bottle or whatever product you're using isn't necessarily accurate. Any company can put that on their product even if it has a lot of comodegenic (sp?) ingredients .. still doesn't guarantee you that you'll break out from it. MAC foundations have always broken me out as well and many other people I know. I would go with mineral foundation as well. Just my .02 cents...

None of the MAC products are breaking you out. All of them are Non-acnegenic. The fact that you have acne is the only culprit.

I really wanted to love MAC Studiofix. I bought it about three months ago and I've been wearing it pretty regularly as it does give way better coverage than any liquid foundation I've tried, but I simply cannot stand it's lasting power. As in, it has none. It rubs off extremely easily, if you just touch your face it's gone, and even though I always use powder to finish it off I get shiny in about two hours. Still, I thought I could live with it, but when I reapply powder my skin just starts to look dirty and piled with make-up.

My compact's almost out and I will not be repurchasing. The quest continues, anybody know of a decent foundation that actually lasts?

I switched from Studio Fix to Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation. It gives me a glow instead of just the matte finish of Studio Fix.