Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio8647

What is some good soap to get for acne prone skin?

I'm trying to find a soap that will not cause me to breakout so much & also doesn't strip my skin dry when I wash it.I guess you can say I have oily skin... because it seems like my pores are always open & I usually break out alot on my forehead & the sides of my face.My skin is very sensitive & I'm just trying to find a good soap that does the trick.... Anyone have any ideas... Any non comedogenic (sp?) soaps?? Thanks...

I think you have skin kind of like mine. I found that all the chemicals like BP and SA just made my skin look worse, and so now I only use Dove to wash my face and then some TTO. I use the original, but I know a lot of people on here like the sensitive skin bar. You could also try Spectro-Jel, I liked it, but I wear mascara and it won't take that off...hope this helped

the soaps i have had the BEST result with are:

purpose

puredeming olive & castile (my ABSOLUTE favorite) and

cetaphil

if you use cetaphil make sure to use a toner to get any excess makeup traces off (if you wear makeup)

I recommend Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar. I use it as a cleanser as part of my daily regime, and I find its not overly drying on my skin and doesn't cause me any breakouts. Its oil-free, non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic and very cheap too!

I use the "Original" type of soap, but it also comes in an Original Fragrance-free, Oily Skin, Dry Skin and Dry Skin Fragrance-free versions. Check out the following link for more info:

Facial Cleansing Bar

Yeah, I use the Neutrogena Dry Skin formula. I've tried Purpose, Basis and Cetaphil, but they just dried the shit out of my face and made me break out. My mom has acne too and she uses those natural oatmeal bars. I've never tried them though.

I agre with the glycerin soap. It's a few dollars for a 3 pack and the one I got was 100% glycerine. It even attracts moisture tot he surface of the face making the skin more plump and young looking. I don't know if it strips the oils but just in case you could add some mild toner after like 10parts water 1 part Apple cider vinegar or lemon of something.

I'm only 21 and i thought I had lines under my eyes already and crows feet but it was just because my skin was so damn dry and after a month of the glycerin bar I have no lines at all.

Dove for Sensitive Skin is the best.

I second Dove. I am currently using the Regimen and Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar (It has 1/4 moisturizing lotion in it). I love it. It keeps my skin soft and smooth. My skin feels a little tight after using it but I always use moisturizer and even extra gentle cleansers like Purpose left me a tad tight. Anyway I love it and I recommend it.

I've also tried Purpose and I also liked it, but Dove is more moisturizing for me.

Guest OnlyJoe

I used dove alot, had great results.. someone on here suddenly says how dove is well known for clogging pores, i got scared and stopped using it, as long as u peeps are getting good results, i think ill start back up again.

i want to recommend a book to all of you - it's called _don't go to the cosmetics counter without me_ and it's by paula begoun.

(she's the one who started paula's choice brand)

she reviews almost every single cosmetic, toner, cleanser, etc under the sun and also explains different ingredients and terms.

for instance: "dermatologist recommended" means absolutely NOTHING!

the fda has no regulations on what these terms have to mean, so "derm recommended" could mean that a dermatologist who is paid by dove said "yes i like this cleanser" and voila! it's derm recommended.

this is really a great book for research.

so, for the record, the cleansers in the affordable category that she recommends for acne prone skin are:

almay milk plus foaming facial gel 2-1 cleanser and toner normal to oily

almay kinetin skin optimizing cleanser

aveeno skin clarifying cleanser

biore foaming cleanser

cetaphil daily facial cleanser normal to oily

clean and clear foaming facial cleanser

neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser soap-free

olay foaming face wash

physicians formula deep pore cleansing gel

ponds foaming cleanser & toner in one

revlon vitamin c revitalizing cleanser

sea breeze foaming face wash for sensitive skin

hope that helps....

I used the Clearly Natural plain facial bar. You can get it at health food stores for up to $3 a bar, but why bother when you can get the same thing at Dollar General for $1? It works well and isn't drying at all. There's also an anti-acne formula I'm using now which works...kind of.

Dove EXTRA sensitive- just to show off to all of you peeps- unless by sensitive you mean extra? confused.gif But anyway, most of us seem to think that's the way forward

hey all, just a little fyi ... i am not putting down the dove, obviously everyone loves it.

however. be aware that often your derm is recommending something b/c that company came to her office, gave her samples, and paid her to recommend it. seriously. just like drug reps. so you can't always trust dermatologists.

i actually have a friend who is a salesperson who goes to derm's offices and sells...

anyway. do your research.

hey all, just a little fyi ...  i am not putting down the dove, obviously everyone loves it.

however.  be aware that often your derm is recommending something b/c that company came to her office, gave her samples, and paid her to recommend it.  seriously.  just like drug reps.  so you can't always trust dermatologists.

i actually have a friend who is a salesperson who goes to derm's offices and sells...

anyway.  do your research.

hey all, just a little fyi ...  i am not putting down the dove, obviously everyone loves it.

however.  be aware that often your derm is recommending something b/c that company came to her office, gave her samples, and paid her to recommend it.  seriously.  just like drug reps.  so you can't always trust dermatologists.

anyway.  do your research.