Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Super Itchy Acne

My big red pimples covers my face, chest, shoulders, arms and back. Acne scars also cover those areas. My acne itch ALL time. I sometimes often scratch them in my sleep. I feel like my skin has been ruined forever.

Have you taken antibiotics recently ? Do you have a white coating on your tongue. Do you have dandruff ? If one or more of these things apply then you have an outbreak of candida (indicated by white tongue) or of malasezzia (indicated by dandruff), which are fungi. Fungal outbreaks are caused by taking antibiotics (and sometimes by birth control pills or implants). Candida and malasezzia often can look like acne (they are not acne), and they itch. Ordinary acne does not usually itch.

If you get back to me I can provide information about how to control the candida or malasezzia, which will stop the itching. In the meantime, keep your skin very dry, and make sure you wash your hands before touching your skin. The last thing you want is a secondary bacterial infection on top of a fungal infection.

I look forward to hearing back from you.