Find results in...
irishgirl

Dianette, Clindomycin, Zindoclyn

on the 14th dec. my dermatologist put me on these 3 treatments

Dianette (1 a day)

Clindomycin (1 twice a day)

Zindoclyin (put on 1 layer at night)

*(must check blood pressure every month)*

im not sure of all their durations or dosage at the minute - so i'll add that in later!

so now ill record what i do every day - or as often as possible! (and when i see an improvement)

Morning

Wash face with Simple Moisturising Face Cream

Take Clindomycin tab. and Dianette (once I start it...)

Afternoon

Wash with Pan Oxyl 10

Night

Take Clindomycin tab.

Wash with Simple Hydrating Face Foam

Apply Zindoclyn

Well I haven't reallly noticed much of an improvement yet but i still haven'tn started dianette, so that may have sumthing 2 do with it. i have noticed however that my skin is a litle softer and smoother on my face so smile.gif

but there have been about 3 new spots but 2 of them were smaller than usual so it's good and bad confused.gif

nothing much to report here, so i dont think i'll come in everyday 2 give u the lowdown, just if there are any significant developments!

Clindomycin AND Dianette? Did you already try a BCP separately and it didn't work for you?

what's a BCP? i have been on oxytetracyline for ages and it didn't work

okay still not much of an improvement, those new spots i got yesterday were horrible yesterday but aren't too bad today so i think that this new regieme may halp to clear up any spots quicker! eusa_angel.gif

thats it for now - i'll say when ive started dianette but thats all for now

i really hope all my bad spots are gone for 2moro nite!!! (im goin out u c!)

i suppose i have noticed a bit of an improvement on my forehead as its less red and A LOT softer and smoother, my chin is still pretty bad - but not as bad as it was a few days ago. the sides of my face are basically the same only alot drier after washing which means i moisturise far more now. it still gets sorta greasy all over but its not as bad as it used 2 be i dont think... well it was never too greasy anyway! all the spots which i do have are pretty easily covered up with a little bit of green foundation and concealer

rolleyes.gif isint that so cute he just caught my attention and i HAD to put him in - lol! rolleyes.gif

well my forehead is really clear! like around 80 - 85% this medication rocks! im still slightly nervous about starting dianette cos of like all da hormones an side effects an stuff but hopefully it'll all be fine! i've been noticing that the clindamicin really dries out any new spots which i get during the day (after i put it on at night and see them the next morning) i might try and get a healthier diet in the new year but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...lol!

thats all 4 now

i have all the medications i use right here in fron of me, so here are all their details

Zindaclin 1% Gel (Clindamycin phospate) - apply a thin layer at night

Clindamycin hydrochloride capsules - 150mg - take one, twice daily

Dianette Tablets (i don't see is dosage) - take 1 in the morning on the 1st day of my next period, then take it at the same time for 21 consecutive days, then stop for 7days - then begin again and so on.

i got a new spot today, but it's been the 1st for a good while! smile.gif

i honestly think the clindamycin is doing quite a good job - like i haven't even been on it a month and i've noticed quite a good improvement!

i should be starting dianette very soon, i was due yesterday - so i'm prepared to begin taking it, i'm still slightly apprehensive! but i'm sure i'll be fine!

overall just feeling my face where there are spots they aren't as raised and bumby or as noticeable as they used to be. biggrin.gif

actually im kinda lookin forward to startin dianette if its gona get rid of my spots!

uck, i think im totally confused and i have completely mixed feelings towards Dianette!

lol! cool.gif

Morning

Wash with Simple moisuring face Cream

Then moisturise my whole face

Take 1 Clindamycin Capsule and 1 Dianette tablet

Afternoon (if I' wearing make-up)

Wash with Pan Oxyl 10

Anytime i have really grasy skin

use Simple clensing cream

Night

Wash with Clean & Clear face foam or T-zone stuff

Take 1 Clindamycin capsule

Apply Zindaclin gel

so thats generally what I've been doing recently i got another new spot today its one of those kinda sensitive ones with no puss inside

...still waiting to start Dianette...

still wearing makeup to go out everywhere...i wish it would at least improve well enough so i didn't have to wear it everywhere!

tinted moisuriser would be better than foundation, wouldn't it as my skin sometimes is v. dry in the mornings...well i'll think about buying some... eusa_think.gif

i think i have 2 cysts but i'm not sure.... there these big massive red THINGS!!! theyve been there AGES and still wont budge! i have NO IDEA how 2 get rid of em and they're pissin me off sooooooo much! i just realised today that i wont go out in public properly without makeup on like even 2 da shop! i went in the car but i was worried about anyone who knew me seeing me. weird. i think it must be those horrible monster spots that are doin that 2 me because up until sept 04. i never wore makeup anywhere unless i was going to a disco or the cinema!!! aw well as soon i start this dianette and those horrible cysts go i should be alrite again. all round my chins all mingy today and yesterday - those red spots with no "heads"

round my chin has gotten even worse ugh, how depressing?! i dont have a clue what the **** is goin on honestly! i was ****in due AGES ago but its still never come..... im so f'in pissed off. i had 2 yeah 2 in nov. so that mustve completley f'ed EVERYTHING up altogether. im just in such a bad mood nw. GRRRRRR!!!!!!!

eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

EDIT: its so obv. now to see that that was PMS lol!!! lol.gif

Bout freakin time! lol! i'm gonna take my 1st Dianette tablet tonight.....i know this sounds so sad but i'm pretty excited cos of its high success rate so rock on! i'm gonna take the Dainette tablet every night at 10pm along with my clindamycin tablet because i wouldnt be able to take the Dianette at the same time every morning, cos at weekends i get up far later! todays i bought the Clean and Clear Blackhead clering scrub as mentioned in the Botchala regime or whatever its called but i still have to look for the other thing needed for it, so whenever i get it ill try and incorparate it in2 my own regime! i also bought some tinted moisturiser today and i have to buy loose powder cos its apparantly better for greasy/spotty skin!

........cant wait til 10......

lol! lol.gif

goodluck biggrin.gif

This is just my third week on Diane and I actually have seen some improvement already.

thanks pinay, good luck 2 u 2!

i have like a bazillion spots seriously an they are all so red and mingy! im not too worried about them tho, as long as theyre gone - or not as bad by friday ill b happy!

okay, well my spots aren't as bad today so eusa_angel.gif but last night i had like horrible mood swings, and i had a wee one this morning aswell, i don't know wheter its just my period, my body getting uesd to the new medication or my body just not being compatible for the medication. but i think it was kinda a combination of the 1st 2, but i stayed off school today 'cos i felt like crap and as i have only had 1 day off i think i deserved it! lol! hopefully all the mood swings are over with, i was being so stupid and irrational its funny when i look back on it now lol.gif but it was definately NOT funny at the time! anyways g2g

ill keep ya updated

okay well i'm seeing a big improvement on my chin for definate! it, my forehead and my cheeks are all pretty clear! those 2 massive spots on my chheks are still there but are less bumby and are 'fading' im totally over the moodswings now - they were so funny when i look back now! went out and had a brilliant time! still keeping up with tha same routine but i really do have to work in the c&c blackhead sometime!

my computer's modem was banjaxed there 4 ages which explains why i haven't written in ages!!!!!!!

so back to my acne,

well my forehead has cleared up nicely - but i think it might be getting worse again, i don't know why its just a feeling i have

both sides of my face and cheeks are abosoluely revolting - they're just covered in spots, i think they must have gotten worse!

my chin well its okish usually

anyway, i looked like everywhere and i still cant find the clean and clear continuous control stuff so im giving up on it. also i was looking for new foundation cos i dont like the stuff i have at the mo and like all the 'normal' ones like rimmel, maxfactor etc. dont have non-comedogenic the only one that does is maybelline day-night stuff, but i dont want it so i think the next day im shoppin im gonna buy some decent stuff like estee lauder, benefit or chanel

til then i just gotta keep coverin up ninja.gif

yeah, as i sed in my last letter i thought i would get some spots on my forehead well i did sad.gif 4 to be precise - not impressed!

im not sure if this medication is doin me any good at all!

if it doesn't improve within aroud 4 months i'd say i'll probably have to roccutane or accutane i cant remeber what its called in the uk

anywayz thats all 4 nw bubi

I'm rippin i really cannot see ant improvement this totally sucks! i am not getting better at all! i dont think i go back 2 da derm til bout june which is shite cos i probably will just keep getting worse and worse til then! i really do think they are getting worse! im totally slabberin but i dont care! i wanna go on roccutane or whatever its called but i dont now if mummy will let me cos i think she's against it, and to begin with i was too, as i am only 15! but after reading all of its success stories here i think it seems quite alright, and if i do experience any bad side effects i would have enuf sense 2 come off it immediately! i really am goin on and on now so bye!

yeah, as i sed in my last letter i thought i would get some spots on my forehead well i did  sad.gif  4 to be precise - not impressed!

im not sure if this medication is doin me any good at all!

if it doesn't improve within aroud 4 months i'd say i'll probably have to roccutane or accutane i cant remeber what its called in the uk

anywayz thats all 4 nw bubi

well my forehead is actually really good now! smile.gif

but as for the sides of my face..... well thats a diferent story...... in the morning when i look at my face it doesn't seem too bad, but in the evening it looks like shit! i have noticed a reduction in greasiness sometimes but not always. i've just started my 3rd pack of dianette tablets, (not box!!!) nothin else really 2 say oh but just that i dont get proper spots - the ones with the puss - anymore (well very rarely @ least) but i still get crappy red bumps

ah well! byeeee

yeah well in my opinion i think that dianette helped to clear up some of my greasiness, i didn't think it was that effective though sometimes i notice the difference but other times i don't. if anyone else here has been on dianette how long did it take for you to notice a definate improvement? cos with me it seems like FOREVER!

lol! neways g2g

I'm not sure if it helps with oil. Well I've been less oily lately but I was never REALLY oily to begin with.

I've never had a cyst again a week after I took it (except for 2 on my neck, never on my face). I'm still breaking out, mostly white heads. I'll just wait and see if this is going to clear me up.