How to get rid of f...

Notifications
Clear all

How to get rid of fungal acne FOREVER??

MemberMember
(@j0yy)

Posted : 04/17/2019 7:13 am

Ok so I™ve had malassezia folliculitus for YEARS now. I first noticed it when I was like 9 and just thought it was part of puberty or something. Now I™m 20. I only realised 2 years ago it was fungal related. So I started treating it by doing head and shoulder shampoo mask on my forehead. This worked. After a week alllll the bumps were gone. But a few weeks later they™d come back so I™d have to keep doing the week of shampoo mask, stop once they all disappeared then repeat weeks later once the bumps came back. After doing this for like 6 months...sadly my skin became ˜immune™ to the treatment so the head and shoulders is now ineffective..and the bumps are back.. believe me when I tell you I™ve tried EVERYTHING!!! From other antifungal shampoos, antifungal creams, sulfur ointment, manuka honey, apple cider vinegar..you name it! And nothing is helping. I don™t want to have any oral anti fungal medication as I™ve read they can have negative effects on your liver. Someone pleaseeeeee help these bumps seriously ruin my confidence. I do think that I might have Candida as I have many of the symptoms and I have debated going on the Candida diet but I™ve read several testimonials online from people saying the Candida diet didn™t fix their fungal acne. Ive attached a pic of how my forehead currently looks.

3C96D5A2-A1DC-4436-9E9E-74F627FFF6A8.jpeg

MemberMember
(@qmanchoo2)

Posted : 04/17/2019 3:54 pm

Well, interestingly, I'm 37 andhad face and shoulder acne since my teen years that responded to anti-fungal medicines.They stopped working over time, but I'd notice a complete reduction when taking them. In a strange connection, I ended up getting inflammatory colitis late late last year and my acne cleared completely. I started to make the connection that I might have gut microbiome that makes me sensitive to acne with the source beingfungal infections. Basically, your health starts in your gut as you process and absorb all your nutrients there. If there was something going wrong there I needed to correct that first before looking at other things.

If you do a little research you'll find that a great way to shift your microbiome over time is to eat foods with a lot of probiotics and prebiotics (something I definitely as NOT doing, eating lots of processed carbs). I started by taking a digestive enzyme and 50 billion CFU time-released probiotic, but most importantly starting eating steel cut oats and a large bowl full of raw fruits and vegetables for 2 out of 3 meals per day(carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red/orange/grene peppers, cucumber, sugar snap peas, pinapple, pears, apples).At first there were no changes, but after a few weeks the acne started to get better. I'd get flare ups, but I'd always end up better than I was the week prior. Fast forward 4.5 months and I only have a few small spots on my face and the acne on my back has cleared. Basically a miracle as I've had this problem since my teenage years. Sucks to change the diet like I did, but once you see the benefits you're hooked and once you have corrected the problem you can cheat on the diet more and more. Give it a shot! Worked for me.

Edit: I want to add that I did try juicing at one point, but it didn't work for me. The key is the natural fiber and enzymes in food that helps get your microbiome back on track and your health extends upstream from that.

MemberMember
(@athina1999)

Posted : 04/18/2019 11:48 am

HI @qmanchoo2 what is the probiotic that you are taking called? congrats on overcoming your acne!!! :)

MemberMember
(@j0yy)

Posted : 04/20/2019 12:20 pm

On 4/17/2019 at 9:54 PM, qmanchoo2 said:

Well, interestingly, I'm 37 andhad face and shoulder acne since my teen years that responded to anti-fungal medicines.They stopped working over time, but I'd notice a complete reduction when taking them. In a strange connection, I ended up getting inflammatory colitis late late last year and my acne cleared completely. I started to make the connection that I might have gut microbiome that makes me sensitive to acne with the source beingfungal infections. Basically, your health starts in your gut as you process and absorb all your nutrients there. If there was something going wrong there I needed to correct that first before looking at other things.

If you do a little research you'll find that a great way to shift your microbiome over time is to eat foods with a lot of probiotics and prebiotics (something I definitely as NOT doing, eating lots of processed carbs). I started by taking a digestive enzyme and 50 billion CFU time-released probiotic, but most importantly starting eating steel cut oats and a large bowl full of raw fruits and vegetables for 2 out of 3 meals per day(carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red/orange/grene peppers, cucumber, sugar snap peas, pinapple, pears, apples).At first there were no changes, but after a few weeks the acne started to get better. I'd get flare ups, but I'd always end up better than I was the week prior. Fast forward 4.5 months and I only have a few small spots on my face and the acne on my back has cleared. Basically a miracle as I've had this problem since my teenage years. Sucks to change the diet like I did, but once you see the benefits you're hooked and once you have corrected the problem you can cheat on the diet more and more. Give it a shot! Worked for me.

Edit: I want to add that I did try juicing at one point, but it didn't work for me. The key is the natural fiber and enzymes in food that helps get your microbiome back on track and your health extends upstream from that.

Thanks so much for replying. Id like to ask did you not lose any weight by just eating raw veg and fruit for your meals? I would like to try this but Im already underweight and feel like Id look like a skeleton if I just ate vegetables and fruit for my meals

MemberMember
(@qmanchoo2)

Posted : 04/25/2019 2:32 pm

Yeah, I did lose a little weight but like I said it's only for two or three meals of the day. Go crazy that third meal if you need to or split it up with 1/4 protein carb 3/4 fruits and vegetables. it's not so much about eating less it's about packing more fruits and vegetables and fibers into your diet. Then, sticking with it for a long time.

Zenwise Health Digestive Enzymes... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RH5K26I

Vitamin Bounty - Pro 50 Probiotic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EY4X8WO

honestly I think it's the fruits and vegetables overtime that have helped the most but I did see immediate help from probiotics and enzymes.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/25/2019 7:22 pm

j0yy

Topical antifungal cream/s should control fungal "acne". BUT - You need to apply the correct antifungal cream for the particular fungus. The antifungal cream that controls one type of fungus will not necessarily control other types of fungus.

Do you have a white tongue (which is indicative that the problem is caused by candida)? Do you have dandruff (which is indicative that the problem is caused by malasezia) ? If you let me know the answer to these questions (and which country you are in), I can advise on the best antifungal cream to use for your particular condition - according to whether your condition is caused by malasezzia (terbenafine cream is best for controlling malasezzia) and/or by candida (nystatin cream is best for controling candida.

Diet will NOT (usually) fix fungal "acne" but sugar, dairy, gluten, preservatives and possibly food with yeast can exacerbate the problem. The so-called candida diet is partly an invention of naturopaths, BUT eating the above foods will make candida worse.