Notifications
Clear all

This is bullcrap!

MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 04/15/2019 1:28 pm

Don't you love it when people who just had mild acne or none at all say to you it is not that bad of a problem. Damn i put up with this shit for 30 years going to the derm. I will never be the same mentally and socially since my acne started breaking out at age 14. I wish i could trade my problem with those people and in 30 years could tell them....it's not that bad! I have been a recluse most of my life outside of working.

podo, Sibel, Kyoshiro and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/15/2019 6:03 pm

You very possibly have candida or malasezzia (which are fungi), not acne. Candida and malasezzia outbreaks are caused by taking oral antibiotics. If you have a white/yellow coating on your tongue, and what appears to be acne, you probably have candida. If you have dandruff, and what appears to be acne, you probably have malasezzia.

Get back to me if you have these symptoms and I can provide advice on how o control the problem.

MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 04/15/2019 9:02 pm

No..it was cystic acne....

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 04/16/2019 7:42 am

Nikkigirl: yes acne and scars change u mentally..Itdestroyed my life in all aspects.

About candida: I spent a year in the past running for the diff tests to see if I have it, I became vegetarian, no diary, sugar, gluten. Taking flukonazole. Usingpermethrin. Drinking soda. Ieat the same for many years for now, I still have problems with acne on the scalp, no malassezia, no dandruff, samples taken several times..if it would be so easy- Candida... many women suffer from this condition, after antibiotics it is very common but many do not have any acne problems.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/16/2019 6:32 pm

Nikigirl

Cystic acne is caused by something - either the cause of ordinary acne or by candida /malasezzia fungus. That is, cystic acne is a SYMPTOM, not a cause. Both candida and malasezzia can cause cystic acne.

Sibel - the best thing to control candida on the skin is topical nystatin cream. Oral fluconazole does not necessarily control skin candida, and it is "using a sledgehammer to crack a nut". Oral nystatin (Nilstat) will control candida in the gut - it is very safe. Oral nystatin will not control candida on the skin, because it is a large molecule and it does not leave the gut.

Get back to me if you want more information about controlling skin candida.