Notifications
Clear all

Quitting gluten, coffee and taking multivitamins

MemberMember
(@vicpaz)

Posted : 04/15/2019 7:44 am

Hello people :)

Recently I decided to look for more ways to treat my acne and I did some research. One week ago I started a multivitamin which contains high amounts of zinc and B6, I also quit coffee (I was drinking around 2 cups per day before) and I reduced gluten (I was eating gluten at every meal before and now I only eat it occasionally). It has been one week since I started these three practices and my skin is CLEAR!!! After two days of no coffee, no gluten and taking the multivitamin, I noticed that my skin was not oily anymore. I know I should give it more time before jumping to any conclusion, but the change in my skin has been so HUGE that I wanted to post it. I am a bit curious though, and I don't know which of these three things has cleared me up (either quitting coffee, gluten or the multivitamin). Do you have any idea of what is going on and which of these practices is helping my acne? Thank you so much :)

MemberMember
(@romea)

Posted : 04/19/2019 5:04 am

Wow, I need to quit coffee, it's so so hard for me. I quited gluten and sugar, eat very healthy and I'm depressed looking at the skin which doesn't just clear up.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 04/23/2019 3:04 am

I quit coffee and my skin started clearing up straight away. When it was clear and I started having small amounts again, I got cystic acne back again. Having been a daily coffee drinker for many years, this is a huge finding!

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 04/24/2019 12:24 pm

Interesting. This link between diet and acne has to be EXTREMELY individual. When I stopped drinking coffee completely for about 3 months, nothing really happened. I didn't notice any decrease in acne lesions on my face. So honestly, for my acne, quitting coffee hasn't helped at all.