Notifications
Clear all

What the cause and how to clear the acne around the mouth area

MemberMember
(@nana88)

Posted : 04/13/2019 7:17 am

Lately, there are pimples around mymouth area which is my upper lips between the nose area, so it very hard to clear the acne around that area.I've tried the differin gel which is contain vitamin A, but the pimple is very hard to see. but when i close my mouth properly, the pimples are clearly can be seen. So what can i do to clear up the acne?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/13/2019 7:06 pm

Try an anti-fungal cream. Try clotrimazole cream first. If that does not work, rteply to me and I can provide more detailed information.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/15/2019 7:08 pm

On 4/13/2019 at 1:17 PM, nana88 said:

Lately, there are pimples around mymouth area which is my upper lips between the nose area, so it very hard to clear the acne around that area.I've tried the differin gel which is contain vitamin A, but the pimple is very hard to see. but when i close my mouth properly, the pimples are clearly can be seen. So what can i do to clear up the acne?

depends on your age and your skin problem.

but for many years i had really bad acne and redness around my nose, mouth and chin.

it might not work for you but i ditched all medical creams, acne creams, stopped drinking milkand only use a sensitive soap once a day only( i usejohn&johnson's baby soap) and this greatly helped my problem.

in the past, basically i was over washing my face, sometimes upto 5 times a day. this was causing an over production of sebum, my pours would get blocked and i would have constant infections/spots. + shaving with a razor and shaving foamwould cause alot of problems for me. ( i switched to an Electric foil razor)

milk is well known to cause hormonal acne. google it.

MemberMember
(@oxalis)

Posted : 04/17/2019 1:01 pm

On 4/13/2019 at 9:06 PM, Aussie Scientist said:

Try an anti-fungal cream. Try clotrimazole cream first. If that does not work, rteply to me and I can provide more detailed information.

This doesn't sound like fungus, it sounds like regular whiteheads. I'd just try a gentle cleanser, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel and a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Heck if the whiteheads have no redness even just salicylic acid pads and moisturizer could work. Have you used any kind of acne treatment before?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/17/2019 7:47 pm

Redness around nose, mouth and chin is indicative of fungus - particularly candida. Topical clotrimazole cream is cheap, readily available and safe....