Notifications
Clear all

The real cure

MemberMember
(@mejiera)

Posted : 04/11/2019 10:23 pm

Ok ima try to keep this short and simple. I am a 30 year old man and have had acne since I was 14 and have finally rid myself of it. I promised myself and god that if he could help me find a cure I would share it so other people do not have to go through what I went through. I tried all types of things through the years just to name a few green smoothies all types supplements vitamin d zinc vitamin a etc.. nothing worked .Ok here it goes this what worked for me. Acne is just skin diabetes . Any form of sugar will feed it and fuel it. All you have to do is cut sugar. And by this I dont just mean candy or soda im talking about all types of sugar rice fruits patatoes pasta anything that is a carbohydrate will feed the pimples. So no carbs = no acne. I never thought I would see the day when I could go to the mirror not see 1 single pimple on my face its amazing not having to worry about this any more its surreal I had almost given up hope.Anyways just try itfor at least a week it could change your life wish I had known this 15 years ago.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 04/12/2019 9:01 am

Hey mate,

I agree on some parts of what you just wrote, the sugar is definetily a cause of acne, since it spikes the insulin level and causes hormone shifts - acne.
And the gluten from pasta and the sugar from rice is also bad for the skin.
I don't fully agree on no carbs=no acne. Carbs are necessary, in fact we need healthy carbs from vegetables and fruits to attain a good gut lining. The fiber is very healthy for the stomach.

I hope any of this gave value,
regards

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/13/2019 8:20 pm

I agree with the above poster. It's not a one size fits all solution. While for some, low or no carbs will improve acne, for others, there may be factors outside of simply just cutting out carbs that may be needed to see improvement. I also wonder about the sustainability of following a no carb diet for certain body types.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/15/2019 7:26 pm

depends on your type of skin problem.

but most of us here have taken lots of antibiotics to try and cure our skin problems. antibiotics are known to kill good gut bacteria and cause long term problems,acneetc

bad gut bacteria is also known to feed off sugar.

im currently trying to reverse some of this damage with probiotics.