Notifications
Clear all

How to get rid of such scars

MemberMember
(@julia96)

Posted : 04/10/2019 9:09 am

Hello! 

I have some scars from scratches and acne. I live in Germany, but am ready to go to other countries. What treatments would you recommend me ? What doctors would be the best to perform it ? 

E7F2DD28-8698-4C14-A004-1E3AE5B4E541.jpeg

5C30803F-C1CA-4BA7-8EE7-3C8AF2F33F63.png

E20DB551-681D-4883-87B5-9C84A941D414.png

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/10/2019 10:55 am

@Julia96Go see Dr Emil in Denmark, You have a severe boxcar on the left, this could be subcised and laser done on it, on the right, I would do subcision, perhaps a bit of filler and laser.

I would do a bit of TCA paint on the scars, lower % acid a few layers to the scar bed.

IF this fails after a few treatments, You will need to goto a plastic surgeon for excision and make sure he is experienced, it's called scar revision and will leave a thin line then they resurface it. Consult a few before that step.

Buy a derminator, stamp them at home, use the single needle attachment to the scar borders(google brand).

Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application (one or two days a week) if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural options are better with ingredients like: kojic acid/Konjac, Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for large pores, discoloration, and inflammation. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin (QV Skincare in AUS), Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, La Roche-Posay (sensitive), and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. The Three most important things one can use are: Vitamin A skin turnover (retinol, retinaldehyde, retinoid), Vitamin C Serum which makes collagen, and a sunscreen (zinc oxide physical for sensitive skin - DRMTLGY Active Sunscreen, Elta MD Physical).

MemberMember
(@julia96)

Posted : 04/12/2019 6:49 am

@beautifulambitionthanks a lot for the reply! Is Subcision associated with risk of additional scars from needles ? ( I just found one review here of a girl where dr. Novick left new scars after this procedure).

And can I do all theseprocedures and Tretinoin in summer if I use spf?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/12/2019 9:51 am

@Julia96When you goto the Dr do you get shots, or get labs done. They use a needle right. If you can heal from that you can heal from Sub. ... Or When you get a cut do you heal.

IF your sensitive, a poor healer, have other health issues, etc then let the Dr know and yes that could be a result. We do have people like that.

If your overly concerned goto a Dr who does cannula subcison

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 04/17/2019 5:49 am

@Julia96I wouldnt do anything if I were you, these scars are only annoying you i think. BA gave a good plan for you, but is it really necessary?

MemberMember
(@perfectnyc)

Posted : 04/25/2019 1:38 pm

you have very minimal scaring but fillers probably would work with subcision on the scar under the eye area. im not sure about the others. you have good skin!