Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julia96

How to get rid of such scars

Hello! 

I have some scars from scratches and acne. I live in Germany, but am ready to go to other countries. What treatments would you recommend me ? What doctors would be the best to perform it ? 

E7F2DD28-8698-4C14-A004-1E3AE5B4E541.jpeg

5C30803F-C1CA-4BA7-8EE7-3C8AF2F33F63.png

E20DB551-681D-4883-87B5-9C84A941D414.png

@Julia96 Go see Dr Emil in Denmark, You have a severe boxcar on the left, this could be subcised and laser done on it, on the right, I would do subcision, perhaps a bit of filler and laser. 

I would do a bit of TCA paint on the scars, lower % acid a few layers to the scar bed. 

IF this fails after a few treatments, You will need to goto a plastic surgeon for excision and make sure he is experienced, it's called scar revision and will leave a thin line then they resurface it. Consult a few before that step. 

Buy a derminator, stamp them at home, use the single needle attachment to the scar borders (google brand).

Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application (one or two days a week) if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural options  are better with ingredients like: kojic acid/Konjac, Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for large pores, discoloration, and inflammation. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin (QV Skincare in AUS), Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, La Roche-Posay (sensitive), and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. The Three most important things one can use are: Vitamin A skin turnover (retinol, retinaldehyde, retinoid), Vitamin C Serum which makes collagen, and a sunscreen (zinc oxide physical for sensitive skin - DRMTLGY Active Sunscreen, Elta MD Physical).

@beautifulambition thanks a lot for the reply! Is  Subcision associated with risk of additional scars from needles ? ( I just found one review here of a girl where dr. Novick left new scars after this procedure).

And can I do all these procedures  and Tretinoin in summer if I use spf? 

@Julia96 When you goto the Dr do you get shots, or get labs done. They use a needle right. If you can heal from that you can heal from Sub. ... Or When you get a cut do you heal. 

IF your sensitive, a poor healer, have other health issues, etc then let the Dr know and yes that could be a result. We do have people like that. 

If your overly concerned goto a Dr who does cannula subcison. The thing is you have so few scars they could do nokor on them easily. You can do a test spot if you wish to see how you do. Healing is longer for some than others.

TCA you have to be careful in the summer, hat, sunscreen, chill out in the shade. We want 3 months between all treatments so I don't see you doing them "all in the summer," as it may take a few sessions. But yes you can start then. It depends on your schedule and budget.  

@Julia96 I wouldnt do anything if I were you, these scars are only annoying you i think. BA gave a good plan for you, but is it really necessary? 

you have very minimal scaring but fillers probably would work with subcision on the scar under the eye area. im not sure about the others. you have good skin!