Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnescars2000

i need your help

Recommended Posts

Guest
18 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

This post almost makes me want to try Accutane, but I'm still worried about potential side effects. Plus that sort of improvement seems to be an anomaly

I was never on Accutane because of the side effects, got acne free with lasers. I really dont know if it is anomaly. I think it is possible to get some degree of improvement as your scars fade with time. I see it in my case too. Some scars that seem deeper immediately after the pimples diminish, do get shallower, while others dont.

My point is that the improvement of acnescar2000 might be due to her being a good healer, or her being very young. Those are important factors.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JenSteli said:

I was never on Accutane because of the side effects, got acne free with lasers. I really dont know if it is anomaly. I think it is possible to get some degree of improvement as your scars fade with time. I see it in my case too. Some scars that seem deeper immediately after the pimples diminish, do get shallower, while others dont.

My point is that the improvement of acnescar2000 might be due to her being a good healer, or her being very young. Those are important factors.

i would not take accutane for scars.. sure, one side of my face improved a lot but the other not even the slightest bit. I am 24 years old by the way and never had acne before i turned 24. All of a sudden my face was a real mess. I had cysts that were as big as a golf ball. After four months i went to the derm and she prescribed my iso. Now I scar from every whitehead. This drug really messes with your healing ability.

update on subcision results: My forehead responded amazingly!! It is almost 100% smooth now except for one scar she forgot to subcise. And on my forehead was the deepest rolling scar i had. But my cheeks did not respond well.. the scars came back real quick. Slightly better than before but not enough to satisfy me. I know, I have to be patient now. They will get better it just takes time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you get filler? I had similar results from subcision & filler on cheeks. Not amazing but not terrible. Going back in a few months for another round. I'm just glad I'm on the road to improvement.

Edited by General_Rommel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, General_Rommel said:

Did you get filler? I had similar results from subcision & filler on cheeks. Not amazing but not terrible. Going back in a few months for another round. I'm just glad I'm on the road to improvement.

No, I did not. What kind of filler did you get? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2019 at 12:10 AM, acnescars2000 said:

dr. boudney :) 

Hi!

Is your dr Clara Boudney Frey?

Also, is she located in Zurich?

 

I'm sorry, I'm also in Switzerland but in the French part and don't understand her website :-)

 

Would you mind me asking how much you paid for subcision + consultation?

 

Thank you :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Hello Acnescars2000, 

How's your skin after the subcision? You also did the suctioning method, right? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/1/2020 at 10:13 PM, Jck17 said:

Hi!

Is your dr Clara Boudney Frey?

Also, is she located in Zurich?

 

I'm sorry, I'm also in Switzerland but in the French part and don't understand her website :-)

 

Would you mind me asking how much you paid for subcision + consultation?

 

Thank you :-)

No, she is located in Niederlenz. I did not pay for the consultation, because she is treating my acne. In this case the insurance pays.. And the price for subcision depends on your scars I guess.. 

 

12 hours ago, JenSteli said:

Hello Acnescars2000, 

How's your skin after the subcision? You also did the suctioning method, right? 

 

My forehead holds the improvement, my cheeks are starting to fill in. I can not describe how happy I have been the past few days.. it seems too good to be true. I will update in 2 weeks.

I stopped suctioning after a week..

Edited by acnescars2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 weeks update: Some shallower scars and deeper scars are leveled out. Especially on my forehead and on the right side of my face. The scars that bothered me the most (they were not even the deepest ones) did not respond well.  Overall I had about a 30-40 % improvement, which is ok. There are 4 scars in the front of my face which need more work. If they level out with the second subcision, I will stop treating my scars. 

I am a smoker, by the way. That could have had an impact on healing..

Edited by acnescars2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In case anyone is reading.. This is my six weeks subcision update. right is before, left is after. both pictures are taken in the evening after a long day.

By the way this is my bad side.. the left side of my face is totally fine by now (healed mostly on its own, dont know why) and my forehead is still looking good. 

6B364643-D13F-48DA-B0C8-740235466B1A.jpeg

Edited by acnescars2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is before and after 2 subcisions

At the beginning i was pretty happy with the results.. now after the second subcision I can’t notice any further improvement. I think that is it. I know it looks a little better but it just isn‘t enough and it still kills me to know that this is the best it can get. 

FE8BCE09-20E8-431D-9CC6-BB2CBC265B37.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm wondering which side is the before as well...

When was your second subcision and did you have filler? 

Also it looks like your scars are mainly big rolling scars ... I'm guessing two subcision sessions are not enough.

Don't be discouraged, just remind yourself that it takes time and that until this point you did not have bad side effects or worsening  ... which is a blessing

And I mean there is improvement (if the right pic is the before), so it is going uphill for you even if it's at a slow pace ...

Good Luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Don't be discouraged. It may take up to 6 months for collagen to build. Maybe it's too early to see improvement.

You can also try sub plus HA filler, in fact, research shows that the combination treatment yields better results than subcision only. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

does anyone know something about the anterior chemabrasion?

On 3/25/2020 at 3:16 PM, MihaelaP said:

Don't be discouraged. It may take up to 6 months for collagen to build. Maybe it's too early to see improvement.

You can also try sub plus HA filler, in fact, research shows that the combination treatment yields better results than subcision only. 

than you for your recommendation. she did use filler after the third subcision but not as a spacer. she injected it superficially. I think it is because i have a lot of facial fat and filler as a spacer ( injected into the deeper layers) would give me more volume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
On 6/21/2020 at 12:29 AM, acnescars2000 said:

does anyone know something about the anterior chemabrasion?

than you for your recommendation. she did use filler after the third subcision but not as a spacer. she injected it superficially. I think it is because i have a lot of facial fat and filler as a spacer ( injected into the deeper layers) would give me more volume.

Hi

Yes I've heard that subcision plus filler is better than subcision only. Are you hapoy with the result? I don't know much about anterior chemabrasion to be honest. Is it something like the phenol cross Dr Rullan is offering? How is it done? 

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2020 at 12:56 AM, acnescars2000 said:

This is before and after 2 subcisions

At the beginning i was pretty happy with the results.. now after the second subcision I can’t notice any further improvement. I think that is it. I know it looks a little better but it just isn‘t enough and it still kills me to know that this is the best it can get. 

FE8BCE09-20E8-431D-9CC6-BB2CBC265B37.jpeg

Hi acnescars2000, I am also in Switzerland and not too far away from Dr. Boudney. I am wondering how happy you are overall with the treatment? Did you end up having the chemabrasion done? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Br77 said:

Hi acnescars2000, I am also in Switzerland and not too far away from Dr. Boudney. I am wondering how happy you are overall with the treatment? Did you end up having the chemabrasion done? 

hi, since it is summer, I decided to do the chemabrasion in december. In the meantime i had a third subcision  with the tiniest bit of filler. It is a strange thing with my scars... the depth has been greatly  reduced (there are barely any waves left, when I run my finger down my cheek) but i feel like the texture stayed the same making it look like they are still fully there. I think the chembrasion will make a big difference.. 

 

right is before, left is after.. 

I encourage you to see her if you live in the canton of aargau or anywhere near :)  progress is slow and i have bad days but i stopped obsessing and finally have a life.

1C2652AF-2A91-4984-A347-15FD88A07009.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, there is literally such a big difference. The picture shows how the depth of the rolling scars has been reduced greatly. It's hard to see any of the texture you are mentioning tho.

Good luck with the chemabrasion. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2020 at 9:03 AM, dirigo39 said:

"chemabrasion" is this what RULLAN calls his 2 day peel?

no. with the „single anterior chemabrasion“ they remove the epidermis and apply 15% tca (always in this order). by removing the epidermis the peel is way more effective. This technique was invented by phillipe deprez for stretch marks. You can also do a double anterior chemabrasion which is for deep scars. Just google „anterior chembrasion“. 

 

I found this picture in a medical journal 

 

 

7F8F3AB4-A7A5-4A17-960A-B420DBB46EF3.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, acnescars2000 said:

no. with the „single anterior chemabrasion“ they remove the epidermis and apply 15% tca (always in this order). by removing the epidermis the peel is way more effective. This technique was invented by phillipe deprez for stretch marks. You can also do a double anterior chemabrasion which is for deep scars. Just google „anterior chembrasion“. 

 

I found this picture in a medical journal 

 

 

7F8F3AB4-A7A5-4A17-960A-B420DBB46EF3.jpeg

Are you also doing the chembrasion with the same doctor that did the subcision?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×