Notifications
Clear all

Treatment and Practitioner Recommendation (Ontario)

MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 04/02/2019 8:29 pm

I have significant scarring on my forehead and temple. I'm thinking Subcision + HA filler for the tethered scars and TCA Cross for the icepick scars is the way to go. I intend to get a consultation from a dermatologist, but I figured it would be helpful to get some input from this forum.

Most importantly, I am looking for recommendations for dermatologists in Ontario that can perform Subcision or TCA Cross. If you got good results or know someone who has, please let me know. Here are a few doctors that perform subcision, and the reason I am hesitant to see them. If you can dispel my doubts, I'd like to hear from you as well.

1121.png

11216351.png

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/03/2019 10:00 am

@Skipslegdays

I am sorry but the above post is flawed in logic. Your going by reviews. do you know all Dr's have terrible reviews. Someone does not like them, does not heal well, or they may not be good at everything. The ones' with perfect reviews pay for them $$$$$. Some bad reviews show the human - failing in some treatments, and this is more comforting than perfection. Pictures as well can be photo shopped, or marketing companies drawing you in with false promises. If you don't like the below Dr's do what many CAN's do and fly to the states to someone like Dr Rullan who is a expert. Otherwise they can perform these services locally. If they are clean, experienced, and can do subcison and cross, why does how they do something people often complain about like filler(women/mencomplain if they hate the look), some complain if they heal poorly for treatments (look at realself 1-5% of all who do treatments make up 99% on there who complain, ... everyone else does not bother). I am not defending the dr's ... there are crappy ones. But I am saying at least do a consultation before you pass the Dr's over (yes this means paying for a few consults, ... your going to pick someone to do $$$$'s of dollars of work on your face, better like them). Or you find someone who does these services in CAN, can always use more resources here, ... told it is quite hard to find.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 04/05/2019 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I booked a consultation with Dr. Sajic one month for now. I'll see how it goes. It's either him or Solomon at this point.

What do you think about temporary HA fillers with subcision? Is it worth getting fillers with every session, or intermittently?

The treatment plan would be something like Subcision + TCA Cross, then wait 3 months. RF needling, wait 3 months, then Subcision + TCA?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/06/2019 9:09 am

@SkipslegdaysHA filler is a must after subcision when the swelling has gone down, otherwise you will be doing Chinese Cupping (Amazon), bruising, ... for a month after. If we don't have a spacer the skin will re-tether. Your not treating monthly, ... if the Dr tells you this they care about money. I even have some who only treat once a year. 3 months between treatments. You get filler when you need it, ... if it has been another 3 months and you don't need a top up then don't get it, but you can still subcise. It's important to get until the results are more permanent. Remember you do 2-8 subcisions over time. You will need rf needling between those sessions with the 3 months again to work on your scars.

3 months between all sessions yes, with a Dr.

At home you can dermastamp or microneedle monthly between if you wish. Use a retin-a, tretinorin, or differin nightly.

MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 05/02/2019 8:23 pm

Hello again. I went for a consultation with Dr. Sajic and booked an appointment for subcision a month from now. You mentioned the use of retin-a, tretinorin, or differin nightly. Is this specifically done post-procedure for acne treatments to promote collagen growth? As in, if I don't do treatments, those products won't heal my scars. But after a treatment, they will help achieve better results.

I asked about TCA Cross from the same doctor, and he recommends a month long brightening regiment (hydroquinone) before TCA Cross. He tried to sell me hydroquinone from Vivier, but I thought it was too expensive. Do you have any recommendations for pre-TCA brightening cream as well as those Retin-A products? Something like a good brand that can be bought from Amazon.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/03/2019 11:09 am

@SkipslegdaysYes start those products now nightly, stop before treatment, heal for a week or more, then start again.

No it must be done continuously now before and after treatments. You will hyper pigmentotherwise, ... it also allows more skin turnover.

See he is saying the same thing, the dr, ... month long hydroquinone, but he is not being as clear. I would have you do it on both sides of treatments, and as you have many treatments ongoing. IF you react to hydroquinone get the pca hydoquinone free gel on amazon. If it's expensive, just get that pca gel, though that is expensive too, but no side effects. I mention all of this in the retin- a recommendation.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 06/06/2019 3:20 pm

Hello. Can I bother you for some advice?

MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 06/07/2019 1:21 pm

I'm treating scars on my entire face. They are worse on my forehead, followed by temples.

MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 06/09/2019 9:02 am

I ordered a set of cups, but it will take a month for them to arrive. The way I understand it, whether I'm doing cupping or fillers, I should wait a month after the operation. Is that how it works?

I might get temp fillers, but if I do, what good are subcision treatments in the near future? If my scars are filled, how will passing a needle beneath them do anything?

MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 08/21/2019 2:35 pm

Hey, it's me again. A few months ago, we concluded that it made sense for me to do subcision, then TCA Cross. And follow that with RF Microneedling to promote collagen growth to the wounds created by the previous procedures.

I had subcision done May 30th, and TCA Cross done August 3rd. I want to book an appointment for RF Microneedling on October 11. I was thinking of doing subcision that day as well. Because it's cheap in comparison, it would have been 4.5 months since my last sub, and I will need a lot of sessions in total.

Have you seen many cases where sub and RF needling are done together and achieved good results?

PS. I think Davin Lim gave you a shoutout in one of his videos. You're famous!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/21/2019 5:06 pm

@SkipslegdaysHi, ... Could you PM me if you have more questions. I get so many messages a day it helps with priority.

I would not do everything at once but of course the choice is yours.

We do not heal like this - 3 months, ... it's adding complexity to the treatment of possible side effects, but perhaps it works for you. You then have subcision and the rf needing to heal from. Just make sure you trust the Dr fully if your going to do combo treatments. I am conservative as I want you to observe what works, some people like risk.

OF course the choice is between you and your provider.

No ... I typically don't see where the combo has good results, ... Dr Lim will do it if your in a rush, but it's not ideal.

Yes he did 😉

MemberMember
(@sansim)

Posted : 08/22/2019 8:38 am

I got sub and rf together from dr Lim .

I got it done in aug but there is too much of healing to be done as he did the combo procedures 3 days apart . The scars are the same as of now but has some redness with it . I was not told anything about cupping or tretinoine but I am using my usual retinoids and my bitb creams . I wonder now if I havent done cupping how the things will change . My scars look the. Same as of now .

I feel Iam missing a point here , treating the scars are one of the most difficult things its time consuming expensive and hard to get results . I wonder if I should start with cupping .

Please advice