Notifications
Clear all

BACTRIM FEVER - URGENT

MemberMember
(@jamestan)

Posted : 04/01/2019 8:11 pm

Hello, I was prescribed 800/160mg Sulfameth/Trimethoprim for acne. I started taking it on Thursday, so I've taken 5 doses so far.

I have been sick and feverish since day 2. Originally, I thought I was just sick, but now I'm pretty confident it's due to the medicine. I'm going to stop immediately.

I just wanted to make sure everything will be okay if I stop. I read that flu-like symptoms and fever are early signs of StevensJohnson syndrome, which is a rare side effect of this medicine. Will I be okay, or should I go get help now? I'm sort of panicked right now.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 04/01/2019 8:17 pm

5 minutes ago, JamesTan said:

Hello, I was prescribed 800/160mg Sulfameth/Trimethoprim for acne. I started taking it on Thursday, so I've taken 5 doses so far.

I have been sick and feverish since day 2. Originally, I thought I was just sick, but now I'm pretty confident it's due to the medicine. I'm going to stop immediately.

I just wanted to make sure everything will be okay if I stop. I read that flu-like symptoms and fever are early signs of StevensJohnson syndrome, which is a rare side effect of this medicine. Will I be okay, or should I go get help now? I'm sort of panicked right now.

Thank you.

Definitely talk to your doctor.