Notifications
Clear all

Treatment plan for my Indented PIE and shallow scars

MemberMember
(@eric98)

Posted : 03/31/2019 3:53 pm

* I was wondering if Pulse Dye Laser is a good treatment for my PIE. In general do people end up with scarring after their PIE fades?

* Does it look like I have boxcar, rolling or icepick scars? I believe I have rolling scars, but I am worried that my PIE is indented, do they "fill in" over time?

* Finally would microneedling at home be enough to clear that up?

So my plan is just Pulse Dye Laser then microneedling. But I am wondering about other treatments like TCA cross and derma fillers, but they seem not necessary in my case. 

Many Thanks

Time to get serious about food. No more pimples!!!.JPGIMG_5436.jpgTime to get serious about food. No more pimples 2.JPG

MemberMember
(@johnthegreat)

Posted : 04/01/2019 5:20 am

must be an asian skin?

MemberMember
(@eric98)

Posted : 04/01/2019 6:36 am

1 hour ago, JohnThegreat said:

must be an asian skin?

Yea I am asian. Asians seem to have either perfect skin with no problems or acne prone skin haha.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/01/2019 6:50 am

@Eric98

1) Pulse Dye - Yes, AKA V-beam, Excel V

You have PIE this is not scarring, it's wounding, your skin will take a looooooooong time to heal. As such there are strategies to work on this but be aware it's not scarring.

Regarding slight pitting this is early scarring and things can improve this and the pie like Ematrix also called Sublative RF, Low density CO2, Picosure.

[Content removed]

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@johnthegreat)

Posted : 04/01/2019 6:56 am

18 minutes ago, Eric98 said:

Yea I am asian. Asians seem to have either perfect skin with no problems or acne prone skin haha.

let me guess,Chinese? yeah true! Asians are known for having a firm and smooth skin especially East Asians. sadly I am asian but my skin is horrible too!

MemberMember
(@eric98)

Posted : 04/01/2019 7:20 am

25 minutes ago, JohnThegreat said:

let me guess,Chinese? yeah true! Asians are known for having a firm and smooth skin especially East Asians. sadly I am asian but my skin is horrible too!

Yep I'm Chinese, I broke out very badly and extremely quickly within 1 month on my cheeks after developing intolerancesto gluten, dairy, soy and vegetable oils. Had alot of gut issues, and food was definitely the cause of my inflamed acne, and it sucks that even when you clear the acne you have to deal with PIE or possible scarring! But you just have to be proactive and treat it early. Hopefully we can be clear soon!

@beautifulambition

Thanks a lot for the advice. I will seek Pulse Dye laser soon and be patient for the 6 months to a year healing from what I've seen.