Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The frustrations of having bad skin;

Nothing is ever simple when you suffer with acne, and there never seems to be a cure. I’ve found a way of keeping my acne controlled to a certain extent but my life has become regimented with a half hour facial routine every morning and evening. 

It’s frustrating when you know most girls just use a simple face wipe to remove their makeup and done. While you’re there trying your hardest to keep your skin under control and half the time not succeeding. 

When my skin is really bad, I struggle to even want to go out or see anyone, and would feel that they’re staring at the bumps on my face & not me. I just want to be alone,  hide away & just deal with the painful breakouts on my own where I don’t have to impress anyone or be judged.  I almost go into a slight depression, I feel so low and fed up, looking in the mirror just makes me want to cry. 

There’s also the anxiety which comes along with it, everyday I wake up & the first thing on my mind is “how bad is my skin today”. Most mornings I am late, trying to settle any breakouts before putting makeup on to cover the horrible redness.

Holidays aren’t all fun and games either, I stress so much before hand making sure I’ve stocked up on creams, non pore blocking suncreams and things to try and make sure my skin won’t breakout in high humidity. Holidays should be a thing you look forward to, not worry about. 

It’s also hard when all I want to do is look nice for my fiancé. When in reality he comes home most days to me smothered in a face mask or in tears over how horrible I feel. It frustrates me even more that the poor guy has to even put up with that. 

All I wish for is to feel normal and to not have to worry about my skin. 

I want to be free and be able to go to festivals and do fun stuff without the worry of having breakouts. I just want a normal life.  

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. He was fully human and fully God at the same time. He died on a cross showing his infinite love for us so that we can repent of our sins and be forgiven. Please search for Calvinism

Calvinism:

1 total depravity

2 unconditional election

3 limited atonement

4 irresistible grace

5 perseverance of Saints

On 3/31/2019 at 1:39 PM, SimoneCharles said:

Nothing is ever simple when you suffer with acne, and there never seems to be a cure. I’ve found a way of keeping my acne controlled to a certain extent but my life has become regimented with a half hour facial routine every morning and evening. 

It’s frustrating when you know most girls just use a simple face wipe to remove their makeup and done. While you’re there trying your hardest to keep your skin under control and half the time not succeeding. 

When my skin is really bad, I struggle to even want to go out or see anyone, and would feel that they’re staring at the bumps on my face & not me. I just want to be alone,  hide away & just deal with the painful breakouts on my own where I don’t have to impress anyone or be judged.  I almost go into a slight depression, I feel so low and fed up, looking in the mirror just makes me want to cry. 

There’s also the anxiety which comes along with it, everyday I wake up & the first thing on my mind is “how bad is my skin today”. Most mornings I am late, trying to settle any breakouts before putting makeup on to cover the horrible redness.

Holidays aren’t all fun and games either, I stress so much before hand making sure I’ve stocked up on creams, non pore blocking suncreams and things to try and make sure my skin won’t breakout in high humidity. Holidays should be a thing you look forward to, not worry about. 

It’s also hard when all I want to do is look nice for my fiancé. When in reality he comes home most days to me smothered in a face mask or in tears over how horrible I feel. It frustrates me even more that the poor guy has to even put up with that. 

I want to be free and be able to go to festivals and do fun stuff without the worry of having breakouts. I just want a normal life.  

I related to this so much.

You might have a fungal condition, not ordinary acne. Candida and malasezzia (fungi) cause symptoms which mimic acne. Have you taken antibiotics ? Do you have a white tongue or dandruff (both of these are indicative of fungal conditions). Is your acne itchy? If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I might be able to provide some useful information.

Jesus is the way the truth and the life. I suffered severe acne from 13 to 15 yo. I'm 19 now and thank to God my acne disappeared. I will do my best to help you, please contact me on WhatsApp +393703004530

On 3/31/2019 at 2:39 PM, SimoneCharles said:

I can relate.  I feel like I spend so much time cleaning and preparing my face. I listen to audiobooks while I'm doing it so at least I'm entertained... I just want to feel normal and beautiful.  After all the pimples go, now you have scars and hyperpigmentation.